You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Betting on horses...?

Alright guyys,

with the national coming up, im after punting alot more on horses but need to learn alot more.

my usual way of betting is listening to others and going with that!

how do you personally choose? where do you find tips etc..?

any info is greatly appreciated!

Scott

Comments

• edited April 2011
    If youve got sky at the races chanel 415 is worth watching some good tipsters on there and good interviews with trainers their website is also good to use.
    i find having a list of horses that you maybe didnt back but ran well especialy young horses that have only had a couple of runs.
  • edited April 2011
    hugh taylor on at the races website very good tipster,i tend to follow jockeys ,
    over jumps daryl jacobs up and coming keilan woods bj cooper in ireland along with keith odonoghue along with paul gallagher,,on the flat i like irish jockey gary carroll,
    one thing i would do is if you back a horse and its unlucky and looses write it down and when all the boxes get ticked like ground going distance jockey time of year then lump on
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Betting on horses...?:
    Alright guyys, with the national coming up, im after punting alot more on horses but need to learn alot more. my usual way of betting is listening to others and going with that! how do you personally choose? where do you find tips etc..? any info is greatly appreciated! Scott
    Posted by Scottomus0
    at the races has a lot of good dicussion shows, helped me a lot for cheltenham. as well  as that i've always swore by the racing post, best judges in the business.
    good luck,
    bob
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Betting on horses...?:
    If youve got sky at the races chanel 415 is worth watching some good tipsters on there and good interviews with trainers their website is also good to use. i find having a list of horses that you maybe didnt back but ran well especialy young horses that have only had a couple of runs.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Realy good feature with ginger and donald mccain on wednesday saying how and why there horse was perfectly aimed at the national and how they had planned its whole year for the one race. sure i dont have to tell you which horse
  • edited April 2011
    those jockeys i mentioned paul gallagher 33s winner today at aintree,,keilan woods 1 ride at bangor in the last breezes in,,bj cooper 40s placed at aintree today with another at 33s rare bob holding every chance till tumbling 2 out daryl jacob 2 just touched off today along with his 20s and 11/2 winners yesterday