You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I've seen more random tides than this

edited April 2011 in Area 51
Anybody possesing even the most elementary qualification from school can see that the hands being dealt on this site are far and i mean far from random.
Not a mank as i have adjusted my play to accomodate the fact that this is plainly obvious.
How many times do we have to see the big chip stack make runner runner straight,runner runner flush,runner runner quads,would it not be easier just to make the RNg actually resemble something random.

Tonight I must confess i have watched people call 70 percent of their chipstack on 4 3 off and win, i have watched bigger pairs go down to smaller pairs a ridiculous amount of times and the amount of times that the flop creates action hands where both or even three parties are inevitably forced to put all their chips in is beyond a joke.

I know people can call with any two cards and yes as a decent poker you would want people going all in with trash but not if there going to hit more times than what the odds should predict.

We are not talking about bad beats here, most of us laugh them of  and except rockets only hit four out of five,and seven two is an excellent hand if the flop comes down 772 but really come on it has just got silly on here.God knows how you cash players handle this i only play small stake tourneys but it really is so obvious now.Time to undo what ever they have done it was never like this a year ago it just wasnt.

And although i have been knocked out of a tourney this isn't bad loser greif i only lost a quid i'm sure i will get by even with the austerity measures affecting us all.It's not how people are playing it's everybodies right who pays to play and call/raise with whatever they like.It's the unrandomness of the random generator that is annoying me.I'm not even annoyed for ME I'm annoyed for the others who got knocked out time and time again oh and time again when they were just so far ahead.Don't call it an RNg if it's not call it something else.BAHHHHHHH        

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to I've seen more random tides than this:
    Anybody possesing even the most elementary qualification from school can see that the hands being dealt on this site are far and i mean far from random. Not a mank as i have adjusted my play to accomodate the fact that this is plainly obvious. How many times do we have to see the big chip stack make runner runner straight,runner runner flush,runner runner quads,would it not be easier just to make the RNg actually resemble something random.    Tonight I must confess i have watched people call 70 percent of their chipstack on 4 3 off and win, i have watched bigger pairs go down to smaller pairs a ridiculous amount of times and the amount of times that the flop creates action hands where both or even three parties are inevitably forced to put all their chips in is beyond a joke. I know people can call with any two cards and yes as a decent poker you would want people going all in with trash but not if there going to hit more times than what the odds should predict. We are not talking about bad beats here, most of us laugh them of  and except rockets only hit four out of five,and seven two is an excellent hand if the flop comes down 772 but really come on it has just got silly on here.God knows how you cash players handle this i only play small stake tourneys but it really is so obvious now.Time to undo what ever they have done it was never like this a year ago it just wasnt. And although i have been knocked out of a tourney this isn't bad loser greif i only lost a quid i'm sure i will get by even with the austerity measures affecting us all.It's not how people are playing it's everybodies right who pays to play and call/raise with whatever they like.It's the unrandomness of the random generator that is annoying me.I'm not even annoyed for ME I'm annoyed for the others who got knocked out time and time again oh and time again when they were just so far ahead.Don't call it an RNg if it's not call it something else.BAHHHHHHH        
    Posted by snorky
    BRIAN ??
  • edited April 2011
    Anybody possesing even the most elementary qualification from school can see that the hands being dealt on this site are far and i mean far from random. Not a mank as i have adjusted my play to accomodate the fact that this is plainly obvious. How many times do we have to see the big chip stack make runner runner straight,runner runner flush,runner runner quads,would it not be easier just to make the RNg actually resemble something random.    Tonight I must confess i have watched people call 70 percent of their chipstack on 4 3 off and win, i have watched bigger pairs go down to smaller pairs a ridiculous amount of times and the amount of times that the flop creates action hands where both or even three parties are inevitably forced to put all their chips in is beyond a joke. I know people can call with any two cards and yes as a decent poker you would want people going all in with trash but not if there going to hit more times than what the odds should predict. We are not talking about bad beats here, most of us laugh them of  and except rockets only hit four out of five,and seven two is an excellent hand if the flop comes down 772 but really come on it has just got silly on here.God knows how you cash players handle this i only play small stake tourneys but it really is so obvious now.Time to undo what ever they have done it was never like this a year ago it just wasnt. And although i have been knocked out of a tourney this isn't bad loser greif i only lost a quid i'm sure i will get by even with the austerity measures affecting us all.It's not how people are playing it's everybodies right who pays to play and call/raise with whatever they like.It's the unrandomness of the random generator that is annoying me.I'm not even annoyed for ME I'm annoyed for the others who got knocked out time and time again oh and time again when they were just so far ahead.Don't call it an RNg if it's not call it something else.BAHHHHHHH        
    Posted by snorky
    You're not the first to see this. It's been happening for a good few months now. You should look up the RNG threads on here. Some of them are a sensible discussion - not a general rant. You make your point very well. Just get your tin hat ready for when the ''it can't be'' squad get here.

Dominated hands are just hitting too often!

• edited April 2011
    Posted by snorky
    A well argued point but I think this is the wee fib that gives it away.  I smell a rant disguised as a rational argument
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: I've seen more random tides than this:
    In Response to I've seen more random tides than this : You're not the first to see this. It's been happening for a good few months now. You should look up the RNG threads on here. Some of them are a sensible discussion - not a general rant. You make your point very well. Just get your tin hat ready for when the ''it can't be'' squad get here. Dominated hands are just hitting too often!
    Posted by elsadog

This, This and erm This, runner runner runner runners some up my life...... or the flopped flush draws that make it on the river every time until you try to catch one lol im not sure what it is other then very annoying
  • edited April 2011
    Exactly what ELSADOG says xx
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to I've seen more random tides than this : You're not the first to see this. It's been happening for a good few months now. You should look up the RNG threads on here. Some of them are a sensible discussion - not a general rant. You make your point very well. Just get your tin hat ready for when the ''it can't be'' squad get here. Dominated hands are just hitting too often!
    Posted by elsadog

how come u keep winning then?

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: I've seen more random tides than this : how come u keep winning then?
    Posted by djblacke04

Simples - Underdog hands win - I am an underdog - I play all the underdog hands - therefore I win.

Never said I was good did I?

.............. and stop asking logical questions it's very annoying :o)

• edited April 2011
    Do not raise with a full house against the big chip stack.Even this is not good enough as he ends up with quads.
    Make an effort sky.At least fake it better than this.The big chip stack on my table tonight won 5 consequtive hands when he went in behind.This was against all on the table not just me.Time to do a roll back before you lose everyone.Even the diehards are asking questions now.
    Bitter twisted and not stupid enough to hang around for ever.  
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: I've seen more random tides than this : Do not raise with a full house against the big chip stack.Even this is not good enough as he ends up with quads. Make an effort sky.At least fake it better than this.The big chip stack on my table tonight won 5 consequtive hands when he went in behind.This was against all on the table not just me.Time to do a roll back before you lose everyone.Even the diehards are asking questions now. Bitter twisted and not stupid enough to hang around for ever.  
    Posted by snorky
    At least now there is actually enough of us noticing what is going on xx
  • edited April 2011
    hey debdobs , u seen my plo post?  At least they on the same level as fulltilt now..I mean now they have they right network mode.!

The sites turned to garbage ever since the start of the year, ie when it was n longer possible for me to win anything.!
  • edited April 2011
    no wonder they ahd so many network upgrades and maintenance issues/problems. now we know why!
  • edited April 2011
    Surely tides are not random as they have a set time that they go out and come back in!

• edited April 2011
    Surely tides are not random as they have a set time that they go out and come back in!
    Posted by donkeyplop

That is his point. Tides are not random - therefore the cards are less random than tides - which are not random.

• edited April 2011
    too random for me!!!
  • edited April 2011
    too random for me!!!
    Posted by pod1

Yeah I had to have a little lie down after writing that one. :o)

• edited April 2011
    Here's the classic example third night on the trot.

Now can anyone explain why anyone would call this hand when he has absolutely nothing not even ace high.

Oh thats right because he is not the under dog he has the big chip stack.

Do not say you want them to call all day long with this because that would assume fair or random play.

This is too often,It is ridiculous, it has been noted by many people now and it needs looking at.

The cards being dealt are not random the odds do not support the outcome.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    snorky Small blind  200.00 200.00 3590.00
    JIGGSY Big blind  400.00 600.00 7295.00
      Your hole cards

BambiBoo Call  400.00 1000.00 8922.50
    lin123 Raise  800.00 1800.00 1600.00
    wolley Fold     
    Ivey368 Fold     
    snorky Raise  1000.00 2800.00 2590.00
    JIGGSY Call  800.00 3600.00 6495.00
    BambiBoo Call  800.00 4400.00 8122.50
    lin123 Call  400.00 4800.00 1200.00
    Flop

snorky All-in  2590.00 7390.00 0.00
    JIGGSY Fold     
    BambiBoo Call  2590.00 9980.00 5532.50
    lin123 Fold     
    snorky Show

BambiBoo Show
    • Q

Turn

• Q

River

BambiBoo Win Two Pairs, Queens and 7s 9980.00  15512.50

• edited April 2011
    so are you saying he called because he knew that the software would give him the card he needed. as dodgy as you think the software is they cant press the button for him!!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    By the way this was just my hand above you should have seen what others were knocked out with.

People used to leave these tables saying "nice one" or well played as you were pot committed by a guy with a superior hand.

I used to lose saying urgh i played that wrong,or oh well read that wrong or chose the wrong time to bluff there.

Now people are leaving the tables going "oh F888 of .Or what a load of bull, or FFS sky this is taking the Pee

This isn't just me this is lots of people every night de-crying there is something wrong here in a major way.

If i want a pre-detemined outcome i will play a fruit machine,this should not be predetemined or start calling your RNG a Pre-determined not random whatsoever action hand creating,big chipstack supporting,number generator.

Another quid down the drain. All i want is to be is knocked out occasionally when i go all in and i am behind.
    What i don't TRUST is being knocked out everytime when i go in ahead and quite frankly sometimes miles ahead. 

• edited April 2011
    like i said though ,unless the players knows he is going to be given that card how can it be sky/rng fault as it is him who hits the call button
  • edited April 2011
    After a call and a min raise, when you have 9 big blinds, and pocket tens, you have to shove.

You brought it on yourself, if you play like this alot you're gonna get alot of un-pleasent beats.

Unlucky though in a way, but you were also lucky that there were no overcards on the flop. You're going to be behind on the flop most of the time against multiple opponents here.
  • edited April 2011
    No pod i am not saying that,I dont beleive for one minute the software knows whether he will fold or call,nor do i beleive that he Knows what is coming next.I am quite sane and clever enough to realise that what i suspect will be questioned but as an example

Last night sb and bb in flop comes down KKK goes check check and the turn comes down a 2 followd by a raise by the guy with a two he has full house and followed by an all in by the bb with obviously the K.Thing is you just sorta knew this would happen

What i'm saying is this is not random it is happening too often.

When you have 34bb the flop comes down low making an open ended straight draw it also makes trips for others,

I could give you lots of examples why i suspect the hands are premade as there are just too many action hands.

If there are 52 cards and each card comes out exactly the same number of times in one million deals then technically this would be a random out come(ish too perfect is never random) but if i am allowed to arrange the cards into action hands during the one million deals then i could do quite some damage.

I would also question why there are phases on this site when i get dealt a 3 in something like 17 hands out of twenty.Why a 3? why so many times? i don't know it's very strange.I do know when i start seeing 73 10,3 4,3, 73 63 j3 q3 even 33 which is what knocks me out i know i will fair pretty poorly.
    I don't have the answers i am not going bankrupt but what i would say is this site has changed this year and i have been playing on it for at least four years.Seems to me like when you DL IE7 and it not working properly.There is more than one RNG and i BET Sky is not using the ssame one it was at the end of last year or since you had to DL Sky poker.My Opinion of course and my right to Moan and sugguest conspiracy theories.The people who disagree and think all is well probrably think we landed on the moon which is just ...Don't get me started     

• edited April 2011
    DOH Because of position i min raised to scare people trying to represent a monster.(to clever for my own good).Yes then more people did come along for the ride than i wanted.However with an overpair to the board the shove was right and the call was wrong.I am more than happy being beaten if i go in behind and i am more than happy to except a bit a luck here and there but this is just too much too often and repeatedly being beaten when going in ahead is getting to be no fun at all.

If it gets to the point where the only play you can do against the big chip stack is all in and hope he folds it sorta ruins the game for me.

Over cards on the flop with 10/10 in your hand is a fold to any raise, but originally shoving all in with 10/10 in my position is asking for trouble and the min raise meant i could get away if anyone re-raised.

My play may be risky but it has merit but getting called by q6 on a 779 nine board is still daft.

I'm just annoyed i will be back but just seeing ghosts where maybe there aren't any     
  • edited April 2011
    By the way this was just my hand above you should have seen what others were knocked out with. People used to leave these tables saying "nice one" or well played as you were pot committed by a guy with a superior hand. I used to lose saying urgh i played that wrong,or oh well read that wrong or chose the wrong time to bluff there. Now people are leaving the tables going "oh F888 of .Or what a load of bull, or FFS sky this is taking the Pee This isn't just me this is lots of people every night de-crying there is something wrong here in a major way. If i want a pre-detemined outcome i will play a fruit machine,this should not be predetemined or start calling your RNG a Pre-determined not random whatsoever action hand creating,big chipstack supporting,number generator. Another quid down the drain. All i want is to be is knocked out occasionally when i go all in and i am behind. What i don't TRUST is being knocked out everytime when i go in ahead and quite frankly sometimes miles ahead.     
    Posted by snorky
    This could be the problem here!

The low buyin games.

Yes you lost but the call that beat you was pretty awful, and you tend to get this alot more in these cheap games.

• edited April 2011
    No pod i am not saying that,I dont beleive for one minute the software knows whether he will fold or call,nor do i beleive that he Knows what is coming next.I am quite sane and clever enough to realise that what i suspect will be questioned but as an example Last night sb and bb in flop comes down KKK goes check check and the turn comes down a 2 followd by a raise by the guy with a two he has full house and followed by an all in by the bb with obviously the K.Thing is you just sorta knew this would happen What i'm saying is this is not random it is happening too often. When you have 34bb the flop comes down low making an open ended straight draw it also makes trips for others,   I could give you lots of examples why i suspect the hands are premade as there are just too many action hands. If there are 52 cards and each card comes out exactly the same number of times in one million deals then technically this would be a random out come(ish too perfect is never random) but if i am allowed to arrange the cards into action hands during the one million deals then i could do quite some damage. I would also question why there are phases on this site when i get dealt a 3 in something like 17 hands out of twenty.Why a 3? why so many times? i don't know it's very strange.I do know when i start seeing 73 10,3 4,3, 73 63 j3 q3 even 33 which is what knocks me out i know i will fair pretty poorly. I don't have the answers i am not going bankrupt but what i would say is this site has changed this year and i have been playing on it for at least four years.Seems to me like when you DL IE7 and it not working properly.There is more than one RNG and i BET Sky is not using the ssame one it was at the end of last year or since you had to DL Sky poker.My Opinion of course and my right to Moan and sugguest conspiracy theories.The people who disagree and think all is well probrably think we landed on the moon which is just ...Don't get me started            
    Posted by snorky
    This is SPOTTY DOG!  this person knows what they are talking about....Take some advice peeps It has changed and for the worse.

Anybody who clearly thinks its not a rip offf clearly should get their nose firmly slid from out of skys buttole..
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: I've seen more random tides than this : This is SPOTTY DOG!  this person knows what they are talking about....Take some advice peeps It has changed and for the worse. Anybody who clearly thinks its not a rip offf clearly should get their nose firmly slid from out of skys buttole..
    Posted by AJW1976
    What makes you think it's a rip off?

Apologies if this is going over old ground buy I have only recently started reading your posts, previously they have been either really long, really technical, or both. 

Are you a good poker player? Do you make money live or online anywhere?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: I've seen more random tides than this : What makes you think it's a rip off? Apologies if this is going over old ground buy I have only recently started reading your posts, previously they have been either really long, really technical, or both.  Are you a good poker player? Do you make money live or online anywhere?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Hello Dohhh , ty ,Look I been playing on sky for over 1 and a bit years now prolly 2 ,I play on a lot of other poker sites as well.I have had a lot of problens in the past with all the internet stuff and computer issues etc like you wouldtn believe,Ie network attacks,dos attacks ,browser hijacks, viruses that come off of casino malware /spywares and general computer troubles over 3 years now.
    Even had my harddrive renewed once ,had windows reinstalled over 6 times and had umpteen dozen issues with the network connections configurations /and security firewalls and everything imaginable u can think of.....

people like pod dont see the real truth in all of this since he doesnt know what ive gone through and several others to see what iv done to help alliviate some of the troubles.Many folks can take a wild guess at this but I believe they have computers that are infected with trojans and malware that come from these downloadable websites..I will agree most are false positives,but there are even proof there has been issues with the flash player and other stuff on here getting corrupted..

look in 2plus2 at computer security and this has to be one of the most updated pieces of info ull ever get because it goes into depth of how to safeguard against any types of attack /malware etc..I know that within the software of absolute poker and fulltilt poker there are a number of major issues that need addressing as the software doesnt seem to be of any real quality.. something to do with debug errors a lot and privilage settings.

Whilst I dont hold to maintain im an expert with computers ,you will understand I have tried my best to resolve each and every individual error that has come up on my machine /machines (had to replace new one)because ap somehow blew it up and that was only achieved when the absolute poker staff were fixing the updates on my client program software because they wouldnt upgrade normally.This was achieved by remote access via thier server hq in the usa by an ap staff member. the very next day my computer wouldnt even boot up!

Some of whats in the software of these large companys is total garbage , why on earth do they have updates??is the real issue to do with the software because of this?I dont know.

Could it be said that sky have moved onto another different platform to the one they were on last year?its a question that obviously needs answering since a lot of players not just myself have noticed somethig funny about this years poker game client.
    Thats obviosly not my buisness ,but as a player i do worry about what is going on since I have been losing since after xmas nearly each and every tourney.

I would hazardous at a guess and say there are many different ways of looking at this , I mean why did sky personally phone my folks house and ask about networks ans other important stuff when I first won my big tourney on my very 1st attemp on sky???

I appreciate everyones comments good or bad but when people complain about what they dont know about me and say this doesnt happen and that doesnt happen etc ie the chinese spoofmail thing and the  obvious network attacks coming in on my lan network then I get upset about it.

Sky know this is happening even they are a target of these said institutions by means of fraud ,thats probably why they installed the poxy iesnare to make sure everythign runs smoothly to eradicate such issues.But Rest assured you think  the military or russian consulate in the kremlin cannot bypass youre security then youre very much mistaken..

its so easy to click on an affilate link ,pop up or other spam file that may contain trojans that infect your pc nowadays its possible you wouldnt even notice half of it. Keep doing the scans and they leave nasty DAT files on youre pc also.I just run scan after scan ,check my hardrive for any read errors now and check and other running processes and network connections especially remote service ones to make sure I am secure.

There is much of it dohhh I dont mean to go into much detail there .there is a lot more info if you want it .
    I have lost a fair bit online not as much as I have live but what really gets me is I playes all the sattlites on nutspoker.com please check that website out its currently closed (maybe a scam site) ,and on the playtech software I lost 4-or 5 main events for the irish open with a buy in of 320-350 roughly to win the irish open main event seat for 7k or 4k , whatever it was i forget now....It was like I felt i was set up to lose no matter what hand I held on the bubble each and every time in this major online event tourney on those playtech sites.

Bluesuqare and others btw can go to hell!...nutspoker.,com have also ripped a freind of mine off by not paying out a wsop seat to the main event in las vegas, so you could say I am preety well ......off at some of the aspects of online gaming.

Gl dohhh if you want any more questions answered dont hesitate to ask me ok best of luck...Aaron...

I do make money live but not as a frequent player more of a casual player,Heck I wish I had the bankroll.I just dont ,..
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: I've seen more random tides than this : What makes you think it's a rip off? Apologies if this is going over old ground buy I have only recently started reading your posts, previously they have been either really long, really technical, or both.  Are you a good poker player? Do you make money live or online anywhere?
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    LOL !

So you hit me with the longest one yet !!! :)

I will read and reply, but I'm playing atm will have to be later. 
  • edited April 2011
    WOW!

I think the best piece of advice I could give you is to close your online accounts, cancel your internet subscription, sell your computer and forget the internet even exists.

You're gonna make yourself ill stressing that much.

It's a totally different subject, but I used to always get paranoid about eating chicken, incase it was off/underdone, now I don't eat chicken unless I've cooked it myself (which obv means I don't eat chicken at all anymore, lol). Not worth the hasstle! ;)

Poker is first and fore-most a form of recreaton, to have fun and to relax. There's no way you can have fun or relax whilst playing online with all that stuff going through your head.

Sell your pc cancel ur internet and use the money you save to buy a playstation or something....you will get more enjoyment out of that and you wont go grey as quick!
  • edited April 2011
    WOW! I think the best piece of advice I could give you is to close your online accounts, cancel your internet subscription, sell your computer and forget the internet even exists. You're gonna make yourself ill stressing that much. It's a totally different subject, but I used to always get paranoid about eating chicken, incase it was off/underdone, now I don't eat chicken unless I've cooked it myself (which obv means I don't eat chicken at all anymore, lol). Not worth the hasstle! ;) Poker is first and fore-most a form of recreaton, to have fun and to relax. There's no way you can have fun or relax whilst playing online with all that stuff going through your head. Sell your pc cancel ur internet and use the money you save to buy a playstation or something....you will get more enjoyment out of that and you wont go grey as quick!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    cheers dohhh  thanks for the advice ,I have stopped playing on the major sites a lot more now.I had my
    account shut down entirely with absolute poker and have since  last month closed my account down at fulltilt poker,

I am just  going to concentrate and enjoy like you said the fun element aspect of it and play live recreational whih I have been doing anyway for the past 20 or so years  at various pubs/casinos etc .

Thankd for  giving me the advice that will probably help  ..cheers DOHHH..

Hop e you win ALL of your games   that you play!
  • edited April 2011
    WOW! I think the best piece of advice I could give you is to close your online accounts, cancel your internet subscription, sell your computer and forget the internet even exists. You're gonna make yourself ill stressing that much. It's a totally different subject, but I used to always get paranoid about eating chicken, incase it was off/underdone, now I don't eat chicken unless I've cooked it myself (which obv means I don't eat chicken at all anymore, lol). Not worth the hasstle! ;) Poker is first and fore-most a form of recreaton, to have fun and to relax. There's no way you can have fun or relax whilst playing online with all that stuff going through your head. Sell your pc cancel ur internet and use the money you save to buy a playstation or something....you will get more enjoyment out of that and you wont go grey as quick!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You want to be carefull with pork too mate!

If you don't cook it enough you may get worms :)