You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Saturday Night Cash with Pinky and Perky***official show thread****

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Isn't it "the big game" tonight not the "cash 300" i.e £500 tables instead of £300. The £500 tables are in the lobby atm too. 

Also these tables appear to be 100bb max. Can't they be made to be 200bb max just like the other MC tables that you will be showing? It will increase the action and entertainment a lot!

Comments

• edited April 2011

So...did you win anything on the National today?

If not, could this be your night on the tables?

Why do I ask? Because in a mammoth weekend of sport Sky Poker certainly aren’t letting the side down. Tonight from 9, forget the MASTERS- it’s MASTERCASH.

Ok, ok, you don’t have to forget the Masters –you can have that running in the background whilst watching 865 can’t you? ;)

Your hosts:

And in the offing, Mastercash tables with new and improved 200 BB buy-ins and minimum 50 BB buy-ins i.e. more excitement,  more money, better play.

Then from 10 it’s The Big Game, rounded off at midnight with Top of The Pots.

The lines are now open for all your witterings, banter, questions, comments, thoughts, jokes, hand requests, arguments, big-ups, musings, recipes, predictions, vital statisitics, etc, etc, etc.

Tonight’s opening hot topic:

Who was your most memorable school teacher

and why?

Yes, the kids (and Phil12UK + Tommy D) have just broken up for yet another 4 week holiday from school, so I thought it might be nice to delve into your memory banks of the ‘best days of your lives’.

Did the teacher you're thinking of have a quirky habit, or catchphrase? An embarrassing surname, something odd about their appearance, an unusual way of punishing naughty kids, unorthodox teaching methods? You get the idea.

We’ll have another free tournament entry to give to the person who posts/emails the answer we like best tonight.

So fire up the engines, Saturday Night's Alright! See you at 9, you crazy Sky Pokerers... ;)

• edited April 2011
    most memorable teacher was some woman called miss atwoziz big south african woman the only reason i remember her is because of her walking into the class one day sitting down on one of the plastic chairs and all 4 legs on the chair snapping in half.... didn't see her again for 3 months

another was a maths teacher called Mr Wilson who was from Ghana a dwarfy guy probably 5ft max when ever he would get the hump he would throw books at the white board or just run out the class and not come back for the rest of the lesson
  • edited April 2011
    to start off with i won £28.50 on national. WIIIIIIIIIIIII
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Saturday Night Cash with Pinky and Perky***official show thread****:
    So...did you win anything on the National today? If not, could this be your night on the tables? Why do I ask? Because in a mammoth weekend of sport Sky Poker certainly aren’t letting the side down.  Tonight from 9, forget the MASTERS - it’s MASTER CA S H . Ok, ok, you don’t have to forget the Masters –you can have that running in the background whilst watching 865 can’t you? ;) Your hosts: And in the offing, Mastercash tables with new and improved 200 BB buy-ins and minimum 50 BB buy-ins i.e. more excitement,  more money, better play. Then from 10 it’s Cash 300 , rounded off at midnight with Top of The Pots . The lines are now open for all your witterings, banter, questions, comments, thoughts, jokes, hand requests, arguments, big-ups, musings, recipes, predictions, vital statisitics, etc, etc, etc. Tonight’s opening hot topic: Who was your most memorable school teacher and why? Yes, the kids (and Phil12UK + Tommy D) have just broken up for yet another 4 week holiday from school, so I thought it might be nice to delve into your memory banks of the ‘best days of your lives’. Did the teacher you're thinking of have a quirky habit, or catchphrase? An embarrassing surname, something odd about their appearance, an unusual way of punishing naughty kids, unorthodox teaching methods? You get the idea. We’ll have another free tournament entry to give to the person who posts/emails the answer we like best tonight. So fire up the engines, Saturday Night's Alright! See you at 9, you crazy Sky Pokerers... ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    There was a rumour in High school that Mrs Milston used to have an unusual way of punishing naughty kids , I think she got her punishing mixed up with pleasuring but unfortanetly I never got to the bottom of it

have a god show
  • edited April 2011
    My most memorable teacher has to be Miss.Barkley...

There was nothing anooying about her or nothing wierd about her she was just well fit! :)

And as u could imagine i didnt really learn alot in her lessons... and i wish she did have a funny way of punishing the kids ;)

What mastercash tables you going to be covering tonight Rich?

Also im attending my first SPT in May so im very excited!

Best of Luck with the show im looking forward to it!

Keev
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night Cash with Pinky and Perky***official show thread****:
    Isn't it "the big game" tonight not the "cash 300" i.e £500 tables instead of £300. The £500 tables are in the lobby atm too.  Also these tables appear to be 100bb max. Can't they be made to be 200bb max just like the other MC tables that you will be showing? It will increase the action and entertainment a lot!
    Posted by BrownnDog
    It is the Big Game tonight, yes - I will get RO to fix his post.

As regards to the Big Game & Cash 300 tables- the decision was made to keep these as they are.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night Cash with Pinky and Perky***official show thread****:
    My most memorable teacher has to be Miss.Barkley... There was nothing anooying about her or nothing wierd about her she was just well fit! :) And as u could imagine i didnt really learn alot in her lessons... and i wish she did have a funny way of punishing the kids ;) What mastercash tables you going to be covering tonight Rich? Also im attending my first SPT in May so im very excited! Best of Luck with the show im looking forward to it! Keev
    Posted by Keevil
    Also i won 65 quid in the national!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Saturday Night Cash with Pinky and Perky***official show thread****:
    So...did you win anything on the National today? If not, could this be your night on the tables? Why do I ask? Because in a mammoth weekend of sport Sky Poker certainly aren’t letting the side down.  Tonight from 9, forget the MASTERS - it’s Master Cash . Ok, ok, you don’t have to forget the Masters –you can have that running in the background whilst watching 865 can’t you? ;) Your hosts: And in the offing, Mastercash tables with new and improved 200 BB buy-ins and minimum 50 BB buy-ins i.e. more excitement,  more money, better play. Then from 10 it’s The Big Game , rounded off at midnight with Top of The Pots . The lines are now open for all your witterings, banter, questions, comments, thoughts, jokes, hand requests, arguments, big-ups, musings, recipes, predictions, vital statisitics, etc, etc, etc. Tonight’s opening hot topic: Who was your most memorable school teacher and why? Yes, the kids (and Phil12UK + Tommy D) have just broken up for yet another 4 week holiday from school, so I thought it might be nice to delve into your memory banks of the ‘best days of your lives’. Did the teacher you're thinking of have a quirky habit, or catchphrase? An embarrassing surname, something odd about their appearance, an unusual way of punishing naughty kids, unorthodox teaching methods? You get the idea. We’ll have another free tournament entry to give to the person who posts/emails the answer we like best tonight. So fire up the engines, Saturday Night's Alright! See you at 9, you crazy Sky Pokerers... ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    FYP
  • edited April 2011

I had two favourite teachers - one at junior school, whom I liked purely because I was extremely timid and he was nice to me; and the other in senior school because when I ended up in detention with him (other students were always getting me in trouble of course), he would always book it for a day I had catering class & we would simply play darts and eat what I had cooked that day....

• edited April 2011
    My most memorable teacher has to be Miss.Barkley... There was nothing anooying about her or nothing wierd about her she was just well fit! :) And as u could imagine i didnt really learn alot in her lessons... and i wish she did have a funny way of punishing the kids ;) What mastercash tables you going to be covering tonight Rich? Also im attending my first SPT in May so im very excited! Best of Luck with the show im looking forward to it! Keev
    Posted by Keevil
    We will be starting off on the 5p/10p and 15p/30p tables.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Saturday Night Cash with Pinky and Perky***official show thread**** : We will be starting off on the 5p/10p and 15p/30p tables.
    Posted by Sky_Mandy
    Cheers Mandy! Ill b playing on the 15/30p ! :)
  • edited April 2011
    At my secondary school there was a male sports teacher who had a large streak of mean In him. He'd make us run round the field track In the summer until we were exhausted, while he sat there swigging a cold drink. If any of us came to a standstill, he would take off one of the  multi coloured plastic flip flops   he wore and throw It at us. Luckily, he had one of the weakest throws I'd seen, so he rarely hit his target!  Have a good show both. 
  • edited April 2011
    most memorable teacher was some woman called miss atwoziz big south african woman the only reason i remember her is because of her walking into the class one day sitting down on one of the plastic chairs and all 4 legs on the chair snapping in half....Posted by delaney09
    I had something similar (but I was the (supply) teacher), sat on one of those comfy teacher chairs and the seat went straight through (I am quite light too for a bloke!!).
    I swore the kids (5 to 7 year olds) to secrecy and after about 20 mins restored some order to all the fun and laughter and got on with teaching the lesson.
    Needless to say, 5 mins later the class teacher walks in, one of em grasses me up and much more laughter and fun ensues. 
    When the teacher left it again took me a few mins to settle the kids down.
    Then it was lunchtime.  I headed to the staffroom to find the class teacher had already been to EVERY class and informed them what happened.

I never lived it down and even had parents in the playground laughing about it!
  • edited April 2011
    gotta say the teacher i remember from school was a PE teacher call mr huntington. this was for 4 reasons 1 he was from sunderland and we all called hima jordie for 5 years (didn't go down to well) 2 he played semi pro football for the local team and every monday morning he would say he scored 3-4 goals a week but most of us went to see the games and i only every came on as sub in the 89 min lol and 3 for 5 years i did nothing but football when all the other classes were doing tennis and the worst of all HOCKEY!!!!!! and 4 he did show me how to cheat at black jack when your the dealer lol
    i would like to take this moment to thank that teacher for making friday afternoon double PE the best lessons of the week.
  • edited April 2011
    We used to have a wierd science teacher.  Often he would come to school wearing different shoes.  One would be black and the other one brown.  Even more bizaar was one would be a slip-on type and the other would have laces!  A cracking good teacher though.
  • edited April 2011
    Someone should really wake up Tikay before the show opening credits finish.
  • edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    My most memorable teacher was an english teacher called Mrs Cook.

She had inflatable you know..... erm...... shall we say womens parts to be polite which one day managed to self deflate during a class.
  • edited April 2011
    One Month a French teacher at my secondary school was taking class when suddenly she stopped talking, stood up and walked out of class very quickly with no explanation.

After a few minutes she had not returned and then someone in the class noticed something on the floor by the door.

Looking closer it appeared to be a red mark, going over to her seat there was a red mark there too!

One of the best anecdotes from my school days, period.
  • edited April 2011
    lol and eurgh!!!!!!!! at the same time.
  • edited April 2011

I had a eccentric physics teacher who used to sneak off to his cupboard for a fly cigarette midway thru the class. we knew it, he knew we knew, and didnt ever try to hide it.

One day we were in a different classroom, a chemistry class, and the aforementioned learned one went for his constitutional. seconds later, a big bang and he left the cupboard looking very guilty and literally ashen faced!! Never ever found out what he managed to ignite but we were never allowed to mention it.....

Keith
  • edited April 2011
    lol and eurgh!!!!!!!! at the same time.
    Posted by AcidMan27
    Just eurgh imo :(
  • edited April 2011
    while on a break, the teacher i remember most is most is the one the pull me out off class room by hair, been bald since, but what was worse it was not me talking , i got the blame
  • edited April 2011
    Good show , again , Yawn , teachers ??? ummm got expeled , hate them , wouldnt let me play poker in the classroom. so thanks a million. And TK, why no answer to my PM ?? 
    Nige
  • edited April 2011
    I remember an old French Teacher of mine.  We spent around 3 years trying to work out if his ever still and always same length hair was a wig.  We got our answer near Nice on a motorway as he decided to open the sunroof on a coach going 100MPH.

Happy days.
  • edited April 2011
    machka, that just goes to show the lengths some teachers will go to in order to make sure you dont forget your full stops!
  • edited April 2011
    3 letters HTC
    Posted by Machka
    I was being cryptic so as to not ruin the massive influx of viewers guessing that it is a phone charger.

I slightly overestimated the competitions popularity.
  • edited April 2011
    there is four teachers i rember well,the reason is.they hit hard with the slipper ouch ouch
  • edited April 2011
    Good show , again , Yawn , teachers ??? ummm got expeled , hate them , wouldnt let me play poker in the classroom. so thanks a million. And TK, why no answer to my PM ??  Nige
    Posted by HAPPYNIGE4
    Irish Open ?
  • edited April 2011
    is tikays toy a computer mouse