You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

How could I have played this hand differently? 20nl.. yes, another river decision.. ish

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
DN34689 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £42.08
Betboy Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £9.50
BENDOG40 Sit out     
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • A

SeanDen Fold     
GREGHOGG Raise  £0.60 £0.90 £43.43
yezooni Fold     
DN34689 Raise  £1.70 £2.60 £40.38
Betboy Fold     
GREGHOGG Call  £1.20 £3.80 £42.23
Flop

• J

DN34689 Bet  £1.90 £5.70 £38.48
GREGHOGG Call  £1.90 £7.60 £40.33
Turn

• A

DN34689 Bet  £4.80 £12.40 £33.68
GREGHOGG Call  £4.80 £17.20 £35.53
River

DN34689 Bet  £14.00 £31.20 £19.68
GREGHOGG Fold   
DN34689 is a good multitabling reg. and solid

recently he has been playing back at me a bit, and so i called his 3 bet preflop thinking i have position and a hand comfortably within his range.

On the flop i flat just to see what he does on the turn.. a float if you like!

then i hit my turn card... happy with the flat here?

The river i pretty much narrow him down to JJ, AK, AJ,  or possibly KK as a bluff??

I folded anyhow. Correct fold? or am i a nit. fwiw, my image at 20nl is not as tight as you would think...

HAND ID 360504146

Comments

• edited April 2011

I would flat pre too, as you're deep and in position.

AQ doesn't play well against his 3betting hands though, if it was a standard 20nl table I'd prob still call, but not be as happy about it as when we r 200xbb+ deep.

I'd flat wide here too, 23, 45, 56, 67, 89, etc etc against this nit. Be alot happier playing these hands against thius guy 200xbb deep than AQs. 

What are your reasons for floating? You can't justify floating by saying "I want to see what he does next" - otherwise you could make a case for floating every single flop c bet against every player in every position.

There are loads of turn cards that AA, KK, QQ wont like. And he will c/f AK alot too. You are deep enough to get him off if these cards come too.

I like the float, if you recognise the above, and are prepared to fire 2 shells if checked to you, 1 probably wont be enough. Have you got the minerals? Were you drunk enough at the time? These are key things to consider.

If not, just fold.

Once you hit the turn, it all changes, AK got there, and you're ahead of QQ/KK, there is no other option but to flat now. Raising is HORRIFIC!

On the river, you have no decision, you have to fold the hand.

This villain doesn't bluff on that board, and you can only beat a bluff. EASY FOLD !!!

• edited April 2011
    hi greg, played this guy for a long long time. have him down a solid player also. the thing i have noticed is his starting range is tiny. from what i have seen it consists of about 8 hands!! to be fair if he raises or reraises i get out the way, his re raise range is about 3 hands!! def fold for me. (can nick his blinds easy though lol)  phil
  • edited April 2011
    lol pod

dont worry im always after his blinds!

which is why he has started 3 bettin me

• edited April 2011
    Not that I play cash but after a reraise pre and 3 barrels I can't see that you beat much, good fold for me.
  • edited April 2011
    This guy has started firing back at me too!

Maybe hes been reading the forum ;)

Like you say he plays about 10 tables so his range is pretty small.

JJ AA AK here id say, thats about it!

• edited April 2011
    I would fold pre-flop tot he re-raise but, as you say he's been betting back at you, I'd probably call. But I would fold on the flop. You're calling him just got you into unnecessery trouble.
  • edited April 2011
    like the way u played, hope i would have done the same thing