You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Can you read through my hands, and Share some advice please.

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
i am going to post quiet a few hands which i have lost money in. Not a few quid, but like £4 or more, as that is half a BI at 8nl which i play.

Im just wondering if i should just post all the hands, flop turn and river, and see how i played my hands, as im not botherd about what they had, just want to know if i played cards right. I dont think i have much clue on position. If i have a decent hand ill play it. Regardless of where i am.  Or mayb i shouldnt even be playing that hand after a re raise. Please tell me Nicely lol

I do normally stick to 8nl and have okish BRM
So i would just like people to give some good advice, on hope i can inproove, and progress.I cant seem to get any where with cash, And beginning to think i should stop playing now and keep the profit i have made.

I Like playing Hu and i seem to do ok there, with the odd loss, but mainly i do well.

I play 8nl, mayb some times ill play 10nl, and as you will see in the hands, i do have a dabble with 20nl. I dont have a Br atm, so mayb i need to learn more befor i deposit more.

I know Alot of people post topics like this, But i would like it if you could help :d i want to make money and not have to keep despositing. (Dont everyone)

The main question for now is in bold :D

Comments

• edited April 2011
    hi shaun, firstly nothin wrong in asking for help, had shed loads from this clinic. some advice is put across very constructively sometimes it isnt, but it is all designed to help. the levels you are/want to play in some ways are easy and others hard , but you do need to learn how to beat those levels to move up. i dont know what money you want to deposit but i found putting 10quid on here and 10quid there was a nightmare and just couldnt get going. so i decided to deposit £300 and that forced me to take it seriously. i started at nl 8 and took some big hits early but kept posting hands on here and slowly got better. my only other advice is find 1 or 2 people you feel you want to play like/ you like there style and pester them for advice. most poker players like giving advice. gl   phil
  • edited April 2011
    Cheers Pod, I have got a friend on here, who is willing to watch me play and talk via msn with me to help, I am going to take him up on that when i get some money to put on here, I agree with you about putting £10 here and there, because you cant get any where with it, Altho in the last 4 days i managed to get £1 up to £45, then £3 up to 30, But lost both amounts.

i was going to post aload of hands in this topic and see what people say, I know people say dont post the whole hand, so people cant see, but i just want ppl to say how i played my hand. So shall i post a few hands and all off info yeah?
  • edited April 2011
    i would, although pref to leave off parts of the hand, most can get a general read on your thinking by how you bet. go for it you got nowt to lose.   phil
  • edited April 2011
    Ok ill start posting a few now.
  • edited April 2011
    Why does the HH come out all weird. :/

Comes out in a really long text lol. Did i see some where that you have to use diff internet eg firefox?
  • edited April 2011
    dont do it through download version
  • edited April 2011
    ok first one... I must sya i did play this bad, 
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    69joe Small blind  £0.04 £0.04 £5.09
    TENOFSPADE Big blind  £0.08 £0.12 £8.12
    punkhead Big blind  £0.08 £0.20 £1.42
      Your hole cards

skunkymu10 Fold     
    marraboy1 Fold     
    punkhead Check     
    shaun09 Raise  £0.32 £0.52 £8.06
    69joe Fold     
    TENOFSPADE Raise  £0.96 £1.48 £7.16
    punkhead Fold     
    shaun09 Call  £0.72 £2.20 £7.34
    Flop

My raise pre i think is good. Also my call is good as im not commiting my self pre flop with mid PP?

I just need to know, how i can inproov my bet sizes, and postion, As i think thats what is letting me down.