You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

JJ OOP

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No reads,  20p/40p cash

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceshawsokSmall blind £0.20£0.20£62.68MrWh1teBig blind £0.40£0.60£39.43 Your hole cardsJJ   bladeboy07Fold    TUNESCall £0.40£1.00£18.75xxxxxCall £0.40£1.40£32.28shawsokCall £0.20£1.60£62.48MrWh1teRaise £1.60£3.20£37.83TUNESFold    xxxxxCall £1.60£4.80£30.68shawsokFold    Flop  J29   MrWh1teBet £3.60£8.40£34.23xxxxxCall £3.60£12.00£27.08Turn  10   MrWh1teBet £12.00£24.00£22.23xxxxxCall £12.00£36.00£15.08River  2   MrWh1teBet £6.00£42.00£16.23xxxxxAll-in £15.08£57.08£0.0

I am interested in both sides of the play here.  At first I felt it was his fault for calling on flop.  Is it standard after that?
What could either side do differently?

He says he knew I hit FH on river.  Surely he should be flatting the river?  Or will he win enough long-term to get his money all in here?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    think id bet smaller on the turn
  • edited April 2011
    you bet 3.60 on flop which is 3/4 pot but then pot bet the turn.... why the pot bet ? i'd bet between 6-8 on turn to 1) keep him in the hand if he is drawing and 2 so if the river comes a scare card 8,Q,K any Heart that doesn't pair the board you can get away without losing half your BI IF YOU THINK THAT DEFINITELY HAS GAVE HIM A STRAIGHT luckily he calls the £12 on the turn which makes me think he has QK cause a pot bet doesn't give him the odds to chase a flush river is the perfect card you have the second nuts but i think we can easily dismiss him having pocket 2s here due to the way he played it so you have the nuts.

If he does have QK you betting out 6 and him jamming for another 9 he could well think he is ahead even though he states i know you had the house over time this probably will be profitable as every paired board isnt going to give someone a house and most times a straight will be good there (if of course he does have a straight) i think you played it fine apart from the turn where you could of bet less to avoid being comitted on the river
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011
    shove the river yourself
  • edited April 2011
    Yes he did have the straight.

I bet the pot because I wanted to take the pot there and then.  There were flush and straight draws and I wanted to kill the pot.  Seems like everytime lately I bet less someone hits the draw

Until he called the turn I didn't have him on the straight draw, I thought there was more chance he had a flush draw.  When he called the turn I was then pretty sure he had hit his inside straight draw but thought there was also a chance of him hitting a lower set.

By the river I still pretty sure the straight but the reraise led me to think there was a chance he hit quads, though by then there was no chance of a laydown anyway
  • edited April 2011
    raise bigger pre

bet turn smaller to make it easier for him to call with the weaker part of his range, you can still easily set up a river shove. Also when you bet you want him to call with draws once you charge him enough. You are value betting so you want worse hands to call, if the bet makes nearly all worse hands fold then its a bad bet

shove river yourself.