You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Must have missed a bet here?

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Playing a 180 seater $50 NLHE S+G.

Pays last 18 gets down to the last 30. 

Blinds 300/600 (60), I'm sat with around 23000

I get moved table, first hand I pick up AcAs UTG

I make it 1425 to go.  Only the BB calls, pots stands around 3200

8h6h3d

Opponent checks, i bet 1950, he calls

8h6h3d   Ad

Pot stands at 7200, Opponent checks, i bet out 3500.  Opponent mis raises to 7000.  I feel strongly that I'm way ahead, flat hoping he'll fire the river.

8h6h3d Ad  10h

He checks the river.  I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do.  I dont really like the heart, but I never really felt that he was strong.  He's got a fair amount of chips behind (me covered).  I'm not going to like the check raise again, plus I check I get to see his hand which will be useful later on, as he is the only one who can hurt me and will be sat on my right throughout.

I check, he mucks.  I lookup the hand, he'd been posturing with 103o, improving to two pair at the river.  Definately think he'd call a smallish river value bet, maybe half pot. - Also just been moved table, no info on anyone.

Did the fringe benefits outweigh the missed bet? (info)

Comments

• ybyb
    edited April 2011
    easy shove imo
  • edited April 2011
    I bet both flop and turn a little bigger for value

I prob just shove turn, this is usually a strong line, calling is prob ok too once you are willing to get it in on any river

River is an easy valueshove. Villain c/r is very unlikely even if u bet small and you could never b/f given pot odds

I would rather the chips than the info in a shallowstacked tournament situation
  • edited April 2011
    Yes vb, I agree it would have been an easy shove, but i felt almost certain he'd fold.  So if that is the case, do you prefer to see his hand by checking back? (if he's just going to fold anyhow?)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Must have missed a bet here?:
    I bet both flop and turn a little bigger for value I prob just shove turn, this is usually a strong line, calling is prob ok too once you are willing to get it in on any river River is an easy valueshove. Villain c/r is very unlikely even if u bet small and you could never b/f given pot odds I would rather the chips than the info in a shallowstacked tournament situation
    Posted by grantorino

Yeah I think there's a lot of truth here.  I like to make my leadouts have the appearance of probes here though, hoping to induce action or a float.  I think if i had made it 2100-2500 he folds and its over.  Am still in the s+g, with him on my right so will see if the info helps going to the final table.
  • edited April 2011
    yuk, fired 16BB with AQ from the button, got looked u by the BB with KJo (for most of his stack) hit a K.  Finished 8th.  Hate it.  Weirdly felt that was the hand i was going to get looked up by when i shoved....
  • edited April 2011
    bet fold river. checking back is like stabbing yourself in the leg, don't do it!
  • edited April 2011
    Even though i felt he'd fold (i didnt know he'd improved)  He'd played the hand oddly and i wanted to know what with! :p
  • edited April 2011
    Even though i felt he'd fold (i didnt know he'd improved)  He'd played the hand oddly and i wanted to know what with! :p
    Posted by AMYBR
    you are losing value now and longterm, size your bet with how thin you think it is
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Must have missed a bet here? : you are losing value now and longterm, size your bet with how thin you think it is
    Posted by N1CK

Yeah your right, I let my desire to see his hand outweigh my judgment.  I get called by any decent A, if he folds thats really all the info i need.  He's not folding a set two pair in all likelyhood.

I feel pretty dumb overall today with this and my other thread.  Becoming evident i've always underestimated online opponents.