You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday Night Live on 865 with Rich, Tikay and Sam Razavi ****official show thread****

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
WOW talk about the early bird. I guess you don't want tikay starting any more show threads for you:))

Comments

• edited April 2011

Richard Ashby is not the only guest we have for you this week on Sky Poker.

Because tonight from 9pm, Tikay and I will be joined in the studio by THIS man...

Why, it’s only Sam Razavi, the Brit who made the final table of the most recent Aussie Millions- netting a quarter of a million dollars for his troubles!

Sam’s nickname in poker circles is Koddzilla and he’s a former actor/director. But of course he's better known now for his rapid rise through the ranks of the poker scene.

Some choice quotes from the man (courtesy of his blog):

I play mainly $1/2 heads-up No Limit Hold’em, sometimes $2/4. Back in my six-max days, [...] I remember spinning up $500 into about £20,000 in just over a week, and then losing about £5,000 in one night. I wasn't used to a big swing and basically just withdrew the rest of the money and quit [that site], which was a little stupid since there was obviously a lot of money to be made, but I suppose it was my inexperience at the time that prompted me to do it.  After finding heads-up and realising that I rarely lost, and if I did, the swings were minimal, I  just stuck to it and haven't really moved out of my comfort zone since.

I have six brothers and three sisters, all from the same parents, two of which also play poker for a living.

So that’s this evening sorted for you then. Don't be shy, you can start contributing to the show thread nice and early and get those questions in for Sam!

Post away below!

• edited April 2011
    Lol- Steve. Yes, once bitten, twice shy. Won't be allowing the old bird the opportunity to abuse me again!
  • edited April 2011

Huston, we don’t have a problem!

Yep- it’s T Minus 211 minutes to launch, and then we’ll have transmission!

It’s the Sunday night Primo on Channel 865 and/or streamed live from the homepage of this very site.

See above for details of our guest Sam Razavi- whom I’ll reliably informed is “lively”.

Tikay and I (or should that be I and Tikay?) will be flanking him throughout the night. That’s flanking.

And all told, it should make for a good show.

BRING IT ON!

• edited April 2011

Also on the agenda tonight…

Tikay is under pressure! He’s just told me that it’s been ‘suggested’ to him by the Sky suits that if he doesn’t get at least 60 runners in this week’s inaugural Sky Roller tournament on Thursday night, then he might like to start clearing his desk.

I gave him the fullest sympathy required in this situation… by laughing uncontrollably in his face for five minutes.

I’ve checked the lobby- and it’s up to 5 runners so far.

Lol, just lol.

So,

Will it be a P45 for the pensioner?

Or can the wizened one pull out the stops, as well as his false dentures, and bust the 60?

Watch this space…

In the meantime, let’s start planning his post-Sky career for him, shall we?

So,

What Tikay could do as an alternative job? And why?

Two that immediately jump out at me are:
    Warm-Up Man for Davina McCall
    (just imagine the enthusiasm)

and Lollipop Lady ( all those schoolkids running round him and cars tooting at him would seriously tilt the grumpster)

Over to you lot!!!! A TSP Classic entry for the best one :)

• edited April 2011
    Any pertinent questions you want to ask us this week, Rich? Preferably nothing involving bad memories, or indeed any memories as my head still hurts from the nostalgia show.
  • edited April 2011
    OK, you beat me to it...
  • edited April 2011
    Tikay's alternative job must SURELY be one of the following:

a) Train driver
    b) Train conductor
    c) Train maintenance
    d) Owner and presenter of "The Train Channel"

I reckon he'd do very well manning the 'light refreshments' cart on the Manchester-Carmarthen line.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on 865 with Rich, Tikay and Sam Razarvi ****official show thread****:
    Tikay's alternative job must SURELY be one of the following: a) Train driver b) Train conductor c) Train maintenance d) Owner and presenter of "The Train Channel" I reckon he'd do very well manning the 'light refreshments' cart on the Manchester-Cardiff line.
    Posted by MMegabyte
    Hi Jenny,

The Train Channel...24 hours of train debate as chaired by Tikay. Shudder.

Although I must fess up right now, that for about 6 months I did a presenting stint on...The Advert Channel. Yes, the Advert Channel where all we showed was adverts and then discuss them, 24 hours a day.

Bad times...
  • edited April 2011

Gonna get the show open tonight and pay full attention to it!

Tikays perfect next job has to be a Father Christmas inpersonator at the local shopping centre, as the firing on Thursday shall mean he spends the next 7 months moping around his house like a bum, providing him with the suitable beard to fit the rest of his current attire :)

• edited April 2011
    Tikay's new job by choice is,

1: Curator of the transport museum.

2: Tour guide for British bridges.

3: Duck warden down his local park.

ps: Why do male Mallard ducks have bright yellow bills?
    (Bet Tikay knows the answer to this.)

See here http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-04-bright-bills-mallards-duck-semen.html

LOL, just LOL.
  • edited April 2011

Lol- loving this thread already.

Father Christmas and duck worrier?

Keep 'em coming!

• edited April 2011
    ALSO!!!

In the mix tonight- word reaches me we have some BIG announcements to make this week on the site!

Any guesses?

Post below and maybe, just maybe a few hints will be dropped tonight on the show ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Potential job for Tikay...

Arsenal manager?

Sorry Gunners fans, couldn't resist.

90 minutes +12?????? Harsh....
  • edited April 2011

From the second picture,

Did Sam play Benny in Crossroads?

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Sunday Night Live on 865 with Rich, Tikay and Sam Razarvi ****official show thread****:
    ALSO!!! In the mix tonight- word reaches me we have some BIG announcements to make this week on the site! Any guesses? Post below and maybe, just maybe a few hints will be dropped tonight on the show ;)
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    They're bringing back The Advert Channel, you're contractually obliged to present it due to some weird legal clause you didn't notice years ago, and Tikay is starting up The Train Channel?
  • edited April 2011

What Tikay could do as an alternative job? And why?

He could be an official Victor Meldrew impersonator. I don’t think I need to explain why. : )

• edited April 2011
    I don't know whether there is such a thing as a 'professional Scrabble hustler', but for some reason I can imagine Tikay being one.
  • edited April 2011
    Hi Gents

Wiiiiiiii I managed to satellite in to Primo so hopefully I am still in when you read this!!

Tikay will be a master of illusion, he will be the new Derren Brown, the newer and better looking David Blaine, his skills are known to all!!

How to make any hand look like AA

Tikay is a master of it in the live arena, he gets Aces more than any other poker player, he's the master........of illusion!

I predict a Vegas show slot in the very near future!

Dave
  • edited April 2011
    Hi Rich, Tikay and Sam hope you have a great show as always.

with all these new tournys on the agenda in the forthcoming weeks

Please don't forget that the Monday night fun fest that is Forum DTD is still going strong everybody is welcome apart from those KGB types along with the chino bots lol

Tikays next job ....................

Fashion Consultant at Burgandy Fields Retirement Home Man Bags FTW
  • edited April 2011
    Evening All - Looking forward to a good show as always

I think Tikay should join a well known Breakdown Service.

As he always claims to have AA, this way he can - just on the outside of his yellow van.

Pen Fifteen
  • edited April 2011
    I think tikay should join a modeling agency, for an older fella he aint half cute

Shaz
    xxxx
  • edited April 2011
    Rich, job for the guvnor,  childrens party entertainer ;o)
  • edited April 2011
    For Tikay
    1. Mystery Shopper for Travelodge
    2. Sausage Taster
    3. The new 'Brylcreem Boy'

• edited April 2011
    Has he ever tried playing cards for a living? Sort of thing he might be good at.
  • edited April 2011
    I think tk should be Davina McCalls' agent...I am sure hed enjoy that spending time with his idol
  • edited April 2011
    Nice work guys. Just over an hour to go till we go live.

Don't forget to enter the tournament- you've got 10 minutes!

I'm up for it tonight, hope you are too. See you in a bit! :)
  • edited April 2011
    Tikay's new job:

It has to be presenter of Countdown.  I can see him now putting all those watching pensioners at their ease with his avuncular manner and calm, measured style, allowing them to forget all about their dodgy vowels.

Graham
  • edited April 2011
    hi rich tikay after spending few months away from here like i said at the time i will be back and here i am
     im back feeling refreshed so let the good times begin and the beats roll see how long it takes for me to lose me rag this time lol things have changed on the site for the better i hear  gl and hope to see you both on the felt soon
    sim75
  • edited April 2011
    How about....Richard Orford's PA?.

....Sky sports new 'Andy Gray'....

...Channel 5's Big Brother promotion manager...

Hope you have a good show guys and please mention the best football team in the Midlands ATM.....STOKE!!!!  
  • edited April 2011

Really looking forward to this as Sam is one of the most down to earth funniest poker players I know and he's going to be a huuuuge star!

A Future job for Tikay - well I think he'd be hating being a PA for Davina, but would love to be the Michael Palin type roving reporter on a future series of Train Journeys Around the World.......

Have a great show everyone!

-xXx-