You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Turbo HU sng, turn tp w/ psb behind v nit.

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
This guy is well up playing sng's on sky, I dunno how or why, coz he's not very good.

He's really tight, far too tight.

He limps most buttons, so I was abit alarmed when he opens so big here, but it could well be 44-TT, as well as hands that crush me. I'm not folding AJ HU to a 5x open at this stage, maybe I should?

A K high dry flop is a good board to c/r as a bluff, for obvious reasons.

He just flats......

My plan is to jam any turn...... thinking he must have 66-JJ now, probably 7's, 8's, 9's or tens.

However when I turn an Ace, should I manipulate my bet size to try and get value from the above hands, or just continue with the initial plan of jamming the turn and hope he makes a loose call with 77-JJ or even Kx?

Bet weak and jam the river?

Jam?

C/R all in?

Thanx....
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Bosshog61 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1050.00
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  20.00 30.00 920.00
  Your hole cards
  • A
  • J

Bosshog61 Raise  90.00 120.00 960.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  80.00 200.00 840.00
Flop

• K

DOHHHHHHH Check     
Bosshog61 Bet  100.00 300.00 860.00
DOHHHHHHH Raise  240.00 540.00 600.00
Bosshog61 Call  140.00 680.00 720.00
Turn

• A

DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited April 2011
    limping alot of buttons and raising with good hands can work  well Vs very weak players when you have a huge skill advantage post flop, and jundging by villians roi he grinds it out playing weak tight abc, getting fishes moneys.

For me doh your either miles ahead or miles behind, might as well size small on turn and shove rivers for value against <AJ villians range. Hes tight like you said so can easly fold his losing range against your turn shove.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Turbo HU sng, turn tp w/ psb behind v nit.:
    limping alot of buttons and raising with good hands can work  well Vs very weak players when you have a huge skill advantage post flop, and jundging by villians roi he grinds it out playing weak tight abc, getting fishes moneys. For me doh your either miles ahead or miles behind, might as well size small on turn and shove rivers for value against <AJ villians range. Hes tight like you said so can easly fold his losing range against your turn shove.
    Posted by TWRAMYEP
    Why does he keep sitting in my games then!!!! LOL!!! 

I don't want an answer to that !!!!! :@:

Yeh he's not v good but I'd rather play losing players than bad winning ones obv.

Anyway, I think I agree with you about the hand, I've shot ahead of his range, and I only get called if I'm beat I think. As I said I think he folds alot if I fire the turn without hitting, so it was my plan before the ace hit.

Would a weak bet be too transparent? does it pot commit me and he will see right through it?

Or a check/raise? Is that the best option? but he prob checks behind with most of the hands if not all the hands that I can beat.

Aghhhh
  • edited April 2011
     hes probablies just not table selecting and reigistering the first available game who ever has already registered.

I dont think I could EVER bet turn and fold with stack sizes and pot size, so with that in mind I would put out a small bet, (240ish) it may induce a shove (but I think this guy folds most of the time the stuff u beat). I don't like a check on turn, with the aggresion you shown on flop, and his likely abc style he very very likely to check back stuff u beat.

"Would a weak bet be to transparent?"  -  I Don't think it matters much with theses stacks, if anything I think villian would see a weak bet as a weak bet but wether he could shove with worse I,m not sure going by how tight this guy is.

I would bet and hope a club dosn't come if he calls, still wouldnt fold if one did :)
  • edited April 2011
    why are you assuming his range could be 44-10s?  was he limping big hands on button? what hands have you seen him open before and with what bet sizing? how often did he c-bet?
    when you chk/r flop are you expecting him to fold his range?

as played if your plan was to jam any turn then just stick to it
  • edited April 2011

I think he would 3b shove the flop with Kx and AA.

He would probably call once with all his medium strength hands, and hope I slow down on turn and river. 

He could flat sets, but they're hard to make obv.

So I narrowed it down to something like a pair of 8's or 9's. 

In past games he's got chips off me by playing trappy, check calling with top pair or 2nd pair, and just flatting in position when I lead from OOP. Just milking me really, but that's mainly in small pots, where he's limped the button or I've min raised the button. He hasn't played that way in big pots like this before.

I haven't seen much of this type of PFR at the early levels. But then I wouldn't have coz  he wont get dealt premium hands very often.

I think I actually could fold pre flop.

He limps sb with 10xbb effective, all the time, strong hands, weak hands, he rarely raises, and sometimes folds. He limps/snaps me off with any ace, the kinda hands he shud really be shoving with, and also his strong hands like ATs+ too.

Frustrating opponent. 
  • edited April 2011
    i dont think you shud post his name then slate his game.

He is obv not too bad as you are genuinely questioning weather you can get value in a spot like above.

anyway he is pretty much breakeven for his last 3k games so not really beating the game at all.

But just cos he plays different to what u wud consider optimal doesnt make him bad/good/okay player. Its heads up there is more scope to mix your style up and still win. u never know he might just play like this against u because he thinks u are over aggressive and uncontrolled.
  • edited April 2011
    I shove turn hoping he calls with a king, can look like ur bluffing and rep the ace

tricky hand tho but i'd defo shove the turn to make it easier and give him a hard decision in which he can still call with worse imo, flush isnt really entering my mind as K and Aces are out
  • edited April 2011
    Hmmmm I think "slate" is a bit strong, I just said he isn't v good. But yeh fair point prob shudn't even have said that.

I didn't look at his stats in detail, just profit/loss in sngs, V surprised he's only break even for the last 3k games, but maybe I shouldn't be. He prob just crushed when sky first opened then.

I did shove, as was the initial plan. Hoped he would have a mid pair with a club. I couldn't really do anything else, as he doesnt pay off the river either unless he goes ahead of me, so didn't want to let him have a freeroll to the flush.

He folded.

Won it at 25/50 when he limp/called off 10xbb w/AQs after I shoved 44. lol. Sick how little edge there is in these things, could so easily have gone the other way, and he gets out of jail free, again. 

Thanx for all replies.
  • edited April 2011
    he can play well vs you limping every button, whats the bottom of your opening range when he limps button say 30ish+bb deep? and what  x size do you open to when he limps?