You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Winners of the "Design-A-Comp-Comp" are........

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: The Winners of the "Design-A-Comp-Comp" are........:
    Finally - ALMOST finally - I will reply at length to the series of suggestions in Beaneh's Thread, & I think Adam has allluded to that in his note, which I have mentioned earlier. More on that soon. It should not be assumed that his Thread has not been carfully considered, or that he will not be suitably rewarded. More on that shortly. 
    Posted by Tikay10

yes plz give beaneh some free stuff.  and use his structure on the 110 if possible plz.  ty BEANEH :adore:
  • edited April 2011
    Now to the three runners-up, each of whom wins a £33 Bounty Hunter Seat. The first of those goes to "Shaun09", for his quirkily original "Got your Poker Rush?", the thread for which is HERE It's a really novel one this, & should be huge fun. Wll done Shaun.
    Posted by Tikay10
    WOW i never thought i was gonna get this. I wanted runners up anyway :P rather the BH then the primo. So thanks to adam, tikay and sky. really appriciate it. I saw my self registerd for the Bh at 4 this after noon, and thought i got put in by accident. Wish i got told sooner as i was trying the £1.60 sats to get into the Bounty Hunter :D

Never mind, Thanks again!

And i do think |got your poker rush will be fun!
  • edited April 2011

And now for the wrap.

Many thanks for all the entries, & the grat & often original ideas.

Many of you will have noted that things are changing at Sky Poker, & this reflects, perhaps, on decisions made some time ago by the then Head of Poker, & our new Head of Poker, Richard Milner. Changes to the Site, the Download, the Community, the Channel, everything. And now the pace of change, & improvement, is being accelerated.

Last week, we all assembled in Leeds for a pow-wow, there were, I think, 6 of us. Our brief, each of us, was to make a Presentation in which we "pitched" ideas which could be reasonably quickly implemented, a "wish-list" if you like.

We were each allowed a "Top Ten" improvements, then we had to argue the case for their weighting & priority in the order of things. It takes time, money, & resource to implement new ideas, & necessary (very necessary) improvemnts to bring everything to where we want it to be.

Allowing for duplicated ideas, there were over 40 ideas pitched, & they are now being prioritised.

Two were introduced last week in fact - being the "Deep" Cash tables, & the change in Cash For Points & League Points in Main Events.

Others have since been given the green light, including some which were included in the "Design-A-Comp-Comp", for which, you will have noted, Adam indicated some things may change as soon as this week or next week.

I will go into more detail on some of these when I respond to Beaneh's Thread, which has much commonality with the "Wish-List".

I hope you understand that not everything is a "quick-fix" - but everything is being done to make the Site a better site. Our Community, & our Clients deserve nothing less.

Believing in better, + easy, exciting Sky. Together, we'll enjoy the journey, I hope.        
  • edited April 2011
    Well done to all the great suggestions on here and to Alan.

;-)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: The Winners of the "Design-A-Comp-Comp" are........ : yes plz give beaneh some free stuff.  and use his structure on the 110 if possible plz.  ty BEANEH :adore:
    Posted by scotty77
    A new baseball cap with the motif "Back Raise"
  • edited April 2011
    Congrats to all the prize winners!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: The Winners of the "Design-A-Comp-Comp" are........ : yes plz give beaneh some free stuff.  and use his structure on the 110 if possible plz.  ty BEANEH :adore:
    Posted by scotty77
    As far as I am concerned, & I think Adam, too - we both certainly hold this view strongly - Tournament structures should NOT be built around TV Schedules, & I think he mentioned that in his note.

It won't be possible to give TV coverage to it - except "in-running" Updates on the Show, but that's exactly right in my personal opinion. Better structures are absolutely essential, & let's remember, Channel 865, essentially, only televise two Tourneys per week these days, so the Structures cannot & will not be driven by 865.

I'd play Online 7 nights a week if structures that suited me were available, (I'll play that £110 every time I'm not working) but we must remember, everyone enjoys different things - witness the fact that the rapid structured Main Events still attract several hundred runners every night, whilst deepstacks struggle to make big fields. There needs to be something for everyone, such as it's possible.
  • edited April 2011
    Many thanks to Tikay, Adam and Sky for this, as well as everyone that voted on the thread.
    Posted by JohnConnor
    Exclude me from that list, John, I just write the Threads, convey the messages, do the comms, etc. Water-carrier, me.
  • edited April 2011
    Nice post. Look forward to seeing the changes,  i must read beanh topic, Dont think iv read it yet.
  • edited April 2011
    Tikay, you always deserve credit for being the public spokesman for these things.
  • edited April 2011
    Tikay, you always deserve credit for being the public spokesman for these things.
    Posted by Machka
    + a massive 1
  • edited April 2011
    Many of you will have noted that things are changing at Sky Poker, & this reflects, perhaps, on decisions made some time ago by the then Head of Poker, & our new Head of Poker, Richard Milner. Changes to the Site, the Download, the Community, the Channel, everything. And now the pace of change, & improvement, is being accelerated. Last week, we all assembled in Leeds for a pow-wow, there were, I think, 6 of us. Our brief, each of us, was to make a Presentation in which we "pitched" ideas which could be reasonably quickly implemented, a "wish-list" if you like. We were each allowed a "Top Ten" improvements, then we had to argue the case for their weighting & priority in the order of things. 
    Posted by Tikay10

Kudos muchly for the italicised. 

Where was my invite to the bolded, zomg with a bit of notice that would have been super fun!!! 

• edited April 2011
    Well done to all the winners.

Should be some good new tournaments to play.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: The Winners of the "Design-A-Comp-Comp" are........ : A new baseball cap with the motif "Back Raise"
    Posted by Machka

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • edited April 2011

Just catching up on this.

Thanks very much Adam & Sky peeps. Congratulations to the other two excellent threads by John & Ryan and ofc the other runners up.

Beany should be given TSP entry for his effort in IMO :)

Cheers to everyone who voted and supported this idea and lets hope we can see much more improvements coming to the site....

Alan  TKP

• edited April 2011
    Just catching up on this. Thanks very much Adam & Sky peeps. Congratulations to the other two excellent threads by John & Ryan and ofc the other runners up. Beany should be given TSP entry for his effort in IMO :) Cheers to everyone who voted and supported this idea and lets hope we can see much more REBUYS! coming to the site.... Alan   TKP
    Posted by MAXALLY
    +1

also fyp
  • edited April 2011
    WD all some very good suggestions.  Thanks to Sky for the opportnity.  I am busy with other stuff and didn't ge time to detail my thoughts but Scotty and Beanbag are on then same lines.