You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Who will be the first Sky Player to take down a UKIPT,GUKPT,EPT, WPT, WSOP, etc,etc

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

Its only a matter of time now

This post started on winners of Design a comp and ended up as a thread

In Response to Re: The Winners of the "Design-A-Comp-Comp" are........:
Many thanks to Tikay, Adam and Sky for this, as well as everyone that voted on the thread.
Posted by JohnConnor

Nice thread

looking forward to playing in some more sats and on Sky this time - Long onverdue - this idea

This turned into a bit of a rant :

It willl also give lower stakes players the chance to  qualify for the same events as the TSP guys and give them an added interest on both sides and show Sky what good MTT players there are on this site and can,t represent Sky simply because of their BR or other commitments - holidays, a job, a life  etc etc  

Hopefully someone could take down a tournament who doesn,t get to put the hours in and Sky might revise their Priority Club rules where they start sponsoring not by volume and cash spent ,(they could put there own ideas forward for what they want instead  ) but by skill level in the closest tournaments to the UKIPT, - I get mixed up with the other names - there so many now and personally i would think about a points scheme from the SPT,s for the TSP seats - off the top of my head I would have Dantb10 (already in ) DaveyZZZ (hasn,t he won 2) , Loloufold, simply because of his experience (already in) and Solack  as he just wins everything or is there abouts and ljamesl because of his recent TSP Classic run of 3 in a row followed by a 4th (already in) so they are doing something right, but it still needs tweaking imo Ps I do agree with the original TSP team line up tho

Who would you sponsor or reckon has the best chance of taking down a UKIPT or live main event from this site?

I,ll say Solack, Glitterbabe and Jakally 

Ps Will you be playig these new satelites Tikay and when do they start?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Lump it on me @ GUKPT Walsall IMO.
  • edited April 2011
    lol - That could be fate

Just as i,m reading your reply got Ch865 on in background and its showing reults from the TSP classic on 7th March with Trevor harris - Nice win
  • edited April 2011
    i actually think scotty will go far in the gukpt in walsall. he da man.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Who will be the first Sky Player to take down a UKIPT,GUKPT,EPT, WPT, WSOP, etc,etc:
    Its only a matter of time now This post started on winners of Design a comp and ended up as a thread In Response to Re: The Winners of the "Design-A-Comp-Comp" are........ : Nice thread looking forward to playing in some more sats and on Sky this time - Long onverdue - this idea This turned into a bit of a rant : It willl also give lower stakes players the chance to  qualify for the same events as the TSP guys and give them an added interest on both sides and show Sky what good MTT players there are on this site and can,t represent Sky simply because of their BR or other commitments - holidays, a job, a life  etc etc   Hopefully someone could take down a tournament who doesn,t get to put the hours in and Sky might revise their Priority Club rules where they start sponsoring not by volume and cash spent ,(they could put there own ideas forward for what they want instead  ) but by skill level in the closest tournaments to the UKIPT, - I get mixed up with the other names - there so many now and personally i would think about a points scheme from the SPT,s for the TSP seats - off the top of my head I would have Dantb10 (already in ) DaveyZZZ (hasn,t he won 2) , Loloufold, simply because of his experience (already in) and Solack  as he just wins everything or is there abouts and ljamesl because of his recent TSP Classic run of 3 in a row followed by a 4th (already in) so they are doing something right, but it still needs tweaking imo Ps I do agree with the original TSP team line up tho Who would you sponsor or reckon has the best chance of taking down a UKIPT or live main event from this site? I,ll say Solack, Glitterbabe and Jakally  Ps Will you be playig these new satelites Tikay and when do they start?  
    Posted by MP33
    When do they start? Hopefully, if a few legal issues can be quickly sorted, very soon indeed, this week if all goes well, but deffo "very soon". Personally, I'm hoping it can start in time such that we can get qualifiers going for the Walsall GUKPT, which is at the end of April. TSP will be at that Event, including Rich Orford, & if we could manage a qualifier or two, that'd be rather neat, I think.

Will I play the qualifiers? No, I think that might be deemed slightly improper. At present, I don't play GUKPT Main Events simply because it means setting aside three straight days when I have no Sky Poker work, & that is as rare as a rare thing, it almost never happens. When it does, it never seems to coincide with  GUKPT Main Event, though I sometimes get to play the GUKPT sideys, in which I am in serious profit. I would actually love to play a GUKPT Main or two, they are wonderful events, but if I found the diary space, I'd just buy-in direct I imagine. It's on my bucket-list!
  • edited April 2011
    Scotty ftw, good luck and well done getting there
  • edited April 2011
    I think i will, if i ever play one if not you all get nothing ;)

Nah too hard to call so many good players hard to pick
  • edited April 2011
    There are a lot of very capable under the radar Sky players

I think Dan Brown, he's come very close already but also Thomas Rolfe (Rolfus) who has won a major event for 80k Euros already and gone deep in UKIPT

Dave
  • edited April 2011
    I think I am a lock for the WSOP main event win considering how expert I am at hitting one outers.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Who will be the first Sky Player to take down a UKIPT,GUKPT,EPT, WPT, WSOP, etc,etc:
    I think I am a lock for the WSOP main event win considering how expert I am at hitting one outers.
    Posted by CoxyLboro

pls to be winning it coxy. I dont even care if you do it by spew, just do a win!!!

oh and rolfus/sim have both won their tournies, never again will they go deep lol.
  • edited April 2011
    HitPup FTW!! Defo !!!