You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tournament play question

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
cmh-1965 Small blind  300.00 300.00 6740.00
harding10 Big blind  600.00 900.00 8500.00
  Your hole cards

tikay1 Fold     
TREMAYNE Fold     
xxxx Raise  2400.00 3300.00 11836.25
SoLack Fold     
cmh-1965 Fold    
Do you shove 77 here, or do you fold and find a spot where you're making the opening raise / shove yourself?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    me yes(not saying thats right mind!!!)
  • edited April 2011
    Look at it from the villain's perspective. If you shove there will be 12K in the pot and he needs 6.7K to call. He will also have 5K left if he loses.
    You have no fold equity. He will call. He may pause for a bit, umm and ahh, but he will call. With no fold equity this is a fold. Let this one go. A cash game would be different obviously - probably a shove then.

With TT I would shove, simply because he may have raised with AT or something that you're better than 55/45 against. But in this case with 77 I think it's a fold.
  • edited April 2011
    You do have fold equity, this is Sky. People raise fold all the time. You are way ahead of a late pos raise and you have 14bbs which is a perfect stack for 3bet shoving. Take down the pot pre by going allin.
  • edited April 2011
    I'd feel nervous shoving here, a 4x raise at this stage is pretty scary bad so I would feel he ain't folding and that means your either dead or racing. Certainly better spots to get all your stack in imo.
  • edited April 2011
    need info on: villains table image, what stage of tourney its in (near bubble or already ITM)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Tournament play question:
    need info on: villains table image, what stage of tourney its in (near bubble or already ITM)
    Posted by LOL_RAISE
    Approaching bubble, 23 left with 20 payed, but it's Monday's £2.20 Tikay and min cash is about £2.04 so I'm not too worried about the bubble but in that sort of table company I'd like to give a good account of myself.

Villain is a well known very good sky reg who's raised into 4 of the last 6 hands, folding one to a re-raise all-in.
  • edited April 2011
    This is very situational in my limited experience. As LOL RAISE said, basically. Probably need more information and background to truly understand the hand fully.

As posted, i tend to agree with dudeskin, i think you are racing at best. I'd let this go but i dont hate the shove either but i am a bit of a nit and would wait to see if i could find a better spot.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Tournament play question:
    In Response to Re: Tournament play question : Approaching bubble, 23 left with 20 payed, but it's Monday's £2.20 Tikay and min cash is about £2.04 so I'm not too worried about the bubble but in that sort of table company I'd like to give a good account of myself. Villain is a well known very good sky reg who's raised into 4 of the last 6 hands, folding one to a re-raise all-in.
    Posted by harding10
    Just pipped me to the post harding. Approaching the bubble and him constantly raising 4x then it opens it up a bit. Definitely makes it more appealing to shove here, especially if you are not bothered about min cashing. As for giving a good account of yourself, i dont think many would blame you for the shove in this instance. The player is obviously putting the pressure on at every opportunity approaching the bubble and having some success with it.

I wouldnt be liking it, but if i am aiming to win the tourney then this spot does'nt seem too bad, he could be raising with anything here.