You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Yuk bloody yuk

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Playing $200 FONLHE (90 seater)

Not going to give the result as people have suggested (but title may give it).

Down to 14 players on two tables (12 being paid), for some reason the BB is sat out, connection issues I thought at the time.

I'm second in chips, UTG is chip leader.  He limps, I find A's.  I make it 6xBB to make it look like I'm after the free juice (with the BB sat out and him limping + antes), I figure if he buys it, he'll jam on me.  He flats

Flop comes A57 rainbow.  He jams allin, really disproportianately.

Got to figure he thought i was making a play pre, or doesnt want to get pushed off A9 through J.  I obviously call with the nuts.

Any guesses as to the result?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Do people really limp utg in $200 buy in games??? wat !!!

gotta be 55 or 77....although I don't understand him open jammin the flop with anything here, apart from maybe 6-8, I guess if he's bad enough to limp/call 6x utg, it could be 6-8s.

I'll go with 5's.
  • edited April 2011
    the 4h6h, binking the 3 on the turn.

I guess the BB being sat out enticed him in.

Even worse though, the $22 MTT i was in - 3000 odd runners - I'm the top 30 chips stacks from the start.  Bloody bt broadband goes down for two hours.  Connect back, have lost 90% of my stack, jam with 10's 3rd hand after re connecting min raised by Q's.  Awful bloody night.  I still cashed around 270th but still...

Often happens when final tabling, the disconnect issue.  Once thought of a business model to offer insurance against it.  I see someone has done it now though.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Yuk bloody yuk:
    Do people really limp utg in $200 buy in games??? wat !!! gotta be 55 or 77....although I don't understand him open jammin the flop with anything here, apart from maybe 6-8, I guess if he's bad enough to limp/call 6x utg, it could be 6-8s. I'll go with 5's.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    In answer to this I have to say that yes 80% of the players you come up against are playing better than you'd see at smaller stakes.  But regardless of level or structure you're always going to get some bozo or career equity fish.

Just speaking for myself, it doesnt matter how good or experienced you are, poker can often times be mood dependant.  It shouldnt be, but it is. 

I know if I've just gad a real bad barny with the ladyfriend I shouldnt play, as my temper is up and my emotions are all over the place.  I've never thought as online being much different. 

The biggest online tournament i ever played i got done out by an early position limper.  The 2.5M guarenteed Lindgren 2 day event $2k buy in.  Guy limps A10.  I find AK in the SB, my stack size doesnt allow a raise fold, I jam 28ish BB's he calls with A10.  A hits the flop, 10 spikes the river.  I couldnt believe someone would limp call his stack off there for that buy in...but they do..god they do.
  • edited April 2011
    do you normally steal with x6bb opens with 1 limper?
  • edited April 2011
    No, not really.  I'm not a big fan of getting involved with unraised pots with premium holdings.

But having someone satout on the BB always mixes up the table dynamic.  But I get your point.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Yuk bloody yuk:
    No, not really.  I'm not a big fan of getting involved with unraised pots with premium holdings. But having someone satout on the BB always mixes up the table dynamic.  But I get your point.
    Posted by AMYBR
    i dont get that,  ok you get my point can you just explain my point that you get please, thanks
  • edited April 2011
    why wouldnt you iso a fish to 6x when you have aces
  • edited April 2011
    The point I thought you were trying to make is why would I vary up the play with A's there, as ordinarily I make it around 2.8x with the limp.  If I'm wanting him to jam or get action I should have kept the raise at my normal level, rather than mixing it up due to the BB being sat out.  With the action at the table it just felt like the overbet would induce more action.  People go crazy for the dead chips.

• edited April 2011
    VUL matey, before you posted i guess he had open ender pretty ghay he hits :-(

think u played perfect as you went in big fave and pre flop got him to call 6x raise, very ul mate
  • edited April 2011
    Ty you young gun.  I cant say i blame the guy.  He jits his 1/3 he controls 40% of the chips in play.  But still its pretty gross.  Cant say i take the same line but i understand it at least.

Good skill to you out there