You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

BANKROLL

edited September 2009 in Poker Chat

Hi to all sky poker players

2 questions about bankroll size any advice would be much appreciated how many buy ins would you suggest for SNGs or MTTs.

Thanks Ian

Comments

• edited September 2009
    Hi Ian,

I never buy into a SNG or MTT for more than 5% of my bankroll.

Cash is also 5% but that must represent 100 'Big Blinds'.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: BANKROLL:
    Hi Ian, I never buy into a SNG or MTT for more than 5% of my bankroll. Cash is also 5% but that must represent 100 'Big Blinds'.
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    The most sensible thing anyone has ever said.
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: BANKROLL : The most sensible thing anyone has ever said.
    Posted by RickyVilla
    Im not sure about that, im sure their are some things people have said throughout history that are more sensible - anyone want to try and tell us one. If we dont get a more sensible statement within the next 100 years i will agree with you lol 
  • edited September 2009
    Hmmm, I don't think you'll actually find anything more sensible. Good luck with your search ;-)
  • edited September 2009
    In Response to Re: BANKROLL : Im not sure about that, im sure their are some things people have said throughout history that are more sensible - anyone want to try and tell us one. If we dont get a more sensible statement within the next 100 years i will agree with you lol 
    Posted by loonytoons

The problem is not : playing poker

The problem is : not playing poker
  • edited September 2009
    P.S.  If there is no way whatsoever you can reload your account, then 5% for mtt`s is too much imo.

1-2% MTT`s
    3% STT`s
    4-5% Cash   for me,  but each to their own
  • edited September 2009
    These discussions are often theoretical (I've started a similar thread in the past).
    No-one, but no-one, gets 3 grand together then decides to learn how to play MTTs and plays £30 entry tournaments only, based on theoretical bankroll requirements. It just doesn't happen.

The best advice is the obvious: always deposit with a debit card; NEVER borrow money to play, whether that be via credit card, overdraft or other means, and consider playing poker as recreation - instead of spending £30 down the pub, spend £10 at the off-licence and £20 at the poker tables. Just look on it as a night out and if it pays for itself, then great.

{And reminder to self: don't blow half your poker winnings betting on football on skybet!}

• edited September 2009
    Bankroll's  are for professional gamblers   if that's what  you are     then fine follow the advice here !!

However if your playing poker as a social recreation then forget having a  Bankroll..

Only play what you can afford  in any given week and enjoy the game for what it is  ...  

A GAME OF CARDS !! 
  • edited September 2009
    These discussions are often theoretical (I've started a similar thread in the past). No-one, but no-one, gets 3 grand together then decides to learn how to play MTTs and plays £30 entry tournaments only, based on theoretical bankroll requirements. It just doesn't happen. The best advice is the obvious: always deposit with a debit card; NEVER borrow money to play, whether that be via credit card, overdraft or other means, and consider playing poker as recreation - instead of spending £30 down the pub, spend £10 at the off-licence and £20 at the poker tables. Just look on it as a night out and if it pays for itself, then great. {And reminder to self: don't blow half your poker winnings betting on football on skybet!}
    Posted by BigBluster

Why couldn't I have said that ??  Brilliant absolutely the best post I have seen on here  EVER !!!!

Nice one BigBuster .....wp   Benny