You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

why do people give up??

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
why is it whe someone loses a big pot they go away and dont come back to play i was heads up in a tourney and he had a 2-1 chip lead i manage to dbl up which leaves my opponent with 10 k and he goes away for the rest of the heads up i started folding cause i dont like winning like that but i can only wait so long.... i dont wanna sound ungratefull but i did try and ask him why he had gone and if he was gonna play but no response so i wasnt gonna wait any longer.. good thing out of it i won so sorry to the player i was heads up wiv but u shoulda played ;)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    maybe they got disconnected? or they didnt think they had a chance

either way r@pe the blinds and take the tourney down, cant complain really
  • edited April 2011
    yeh i didnt wanna sound like i was complaining just didnt wanna win like that he had'nt discon he just went to away i gave him 5-10 mins to come back but obviously he didnt wanna
  • edited April 2011
    For the record, unless its a friendly game between friends (or like the other day playing HU matches against the same guy for ages and both needed the loo so agreed to sit out till both back), I aint ever folding the blinds, no way.  His hard luck if he d/c'd.

I dont care how I win, as long as I win
  • edited April 2011
    It actually sounds it this situation more like the opponent was frustrated maybe it had gone on for a while and by doubling you up (now you have the chip lead) he thought stuff it im happy with second and went away to enjoy somthing other than poker.
  • edited April 2011
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer.  ~Albert Einstein