You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Question for Mickjenn1

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hiya Mick, just a question for you about the £200 guaranteed that finished at 17.03 today. On the final table you were big blind 600/300 and chip leader approx 19000. I was sat left of you and raised to 1200..someone else called it and you went all in with 77. I went all in KK  and the other person folded. You knocked me out with trip 7's, but I have to ask you why you went all in?

Thanks

Dave(redman773)

Comments

• edited April 2011
    cos hes a fish and we should all be worried that he is back binking for lolz
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Question for Mickjenn1:
    Hiya Mick, just a question for you about the £200 guaranteed that finished at 17.03 today. On the final table you were big blind 600/300 and chip leader approx 19000. I was sat left of you and raised to 1200..someone else called it and you went all in with 77. I went all in KK  and the other person folded. You knocked me out with trip 7's, but I have to ask you why you went all in? Thanks Dave(redman773)
    Posted by redman773
    Hi redman

I am afraid Mick wont be able to answer your question :(, he is banned I am afraid
  • edited April 2011
    Isnt that a great mickjenn suituation. Back to his old ways, Primo win within the next 3 weeks is my bet.
  • edited April 2011
    Dave(redman773)

More important how many chips did u have? i.e. amount what he was risking?
  • edited April 2011
    Mick doesn't lose why would he fold pre?
  • edited April 2011
    ANY PAIR ON FINAL TABLE, GUESSING HE WANT`S TO SHUT POT DOWN OR GO HEADS UP RATHER THAN 3 WAY ?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Question for Mickjenn1:
    Mick doesn't lose why would he fold pre?
    Posted by beaneh
  • edited April 2011
    I had 14000 Boxster
  • edited April 2011
    I had 14000 Boxster
    Posted by redman773
     YOU RAISED 1200 WITH BLINDS 300/600 - SHOULD HAVE RAISED MORE TO MICK FOR WAT I`V SEEN THAT`S A WEAK RAISE
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks guys...I can see it all now. My initial raise appears to be the problem. Still wish I had been good enough to fold and try and cash, but all I ever see on tv is about" going for the win". Lesson possibly learned against Mick lol.
  • edited April 2011
    You had a bit of a cooler. You should always be wanting to get it in with K/K in that situation.

Last time I played Mick was in a cash game and he bust my K/K in similar fashion.

I wish I ran aswell as him.
  • edited April 2011
    Redman had you folded there you would have made a terrible play.  Your aim there is getting your money in preflop and if you lose, well thats just variance.

One win is better than ten limps for sure.

Dont get result orientated
  • edited April 2011
    It's just how Mick plays!

You raised he had a pair he shoved!

That's what he does, goes for the win!
  • edited April 2011
    His 3-bet shove over a raise and a flat call is a strong move that will make most hands fold and pick up a lot of chips, I've seen it done lighter than 77.

Aggresive poker is winning poker, MickJenns results prove that. Obviously AA and KK are always calling in your spot, but not much else. I think you played your hand very well, when you hold KK you absolutely want to induce a shove from hands like 77, you did exactly that but got unlucky this time. If you had made a bigger raise and he had folded that would have been a worse play. 

All you can do in poker is make optimal decisions, there's nothing you can do about the luck, if you can consistantly make optimal decisions you are guaranteed to be a winning player in the long run. The luck always evens out over time, even for MickJenn. You'll get him another time.
  • edited April 2011
    .  All you can do in poker is make optimal decisions, there's nothing you can do about the luck, if you can consistantly make optimal decisions you are guaranteed to be a winning player in the long run. The luck always evens out over time, even for MickJenn. You'll get him another time.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    variance

hate the word luck
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks again to you all. Feeling a bit peeved that I didn't cash, but like you say...variance , luck........just the way it goes.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Question for Mickjenn1:
    Hiya Mick, just a question for you about the £200 guaranteed that finished at 17.03 today. On the final table you were big blind 600/300 and chip leader approx 19000. I was sat left of you and raised to 1200..someone else called it and you went all in with 77. I went all in KK  and the other person folded. You knocked me out with trip 7's, but I have to ask you why you went all in? Thanks Dave(redman773)
    Posted by redman773
    because he is a luck fish
  • edited April 2011
    i have sweated mick a couple of times while chatting on msn trying to find out how he crushes sky mtts, he makes some crazy plays and i say mick why did you do that and he says "its all in my notes kid"  you know some people say they can read tea leafs well mick's notes are in his alphabet spaghetti on toast
  • edited April 2011
    Thanks guys...I can see it all now. My initial raise appears to be the problem. Still wish I had been good enough to fold and try and cash, but all I ever see on tv is about" going for the win". Lesson possibly learned against Mick lol.
    Posted by redman773
    dont ever fold kk in this situation!

imo mick went all in because a pocket pair on the ft is stong and he hopes you have ak/aq.

but he knows even if you have an overpair he still has a 20% chance of winning(or in mick's case 60%).

you played it fine and got unlucky,if he showed his hand are you calling?YES!

gl,dave
  • edited April 2011
      Quote,  Hubby who said to tell you Mick learnt everything he knows from playing Free Roll. ? [end of quote]  Myself I think he's dating Lucky77777. !
  • edited April 2011
    His 3-bet shove over a raise and a flat call is a strong move that will make most hands fold and pick up a lot of chips, I've seen it done lighter than 77. Aggresive poker is winning poker, MickJenns results prove that. Obviously AA and KK are always calling in your spot, but not much else. I think you played your hand very well, when you hold KK you absolutely want to induce a shove from hands like 77, you did exactly that but got unlucky this time. If you had made a bigger raise and he had folded that would have been a worse play.  All you can do in poker is make optimal decisions, there's nothing you can do about the luck, if you can consistantly make optimal decisions you are guaranteed to be a winning player in the long run. The luck always evens out over time, even for MickJenn. You'll get him another time.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Gary i dont think ive ever seen such a great post regarding aggression in poker.

I think against any good player (except mayb Wacko and MickJenn) i fold QQ or less. AK, KK and AA is my calling range in honesty to that re-raise.

Although against agro players its even more important to open that calling range as you said youve seen it done lighter as have i.
  • edited April 2011
    standard hand, its played fine by both you and villain, although I prefer a bigger raise pre.

What are you saying about being good enough to fold? Folding KK pre here would be horrible, you still lose sometimes, thats poker
  • edited April 2011
    I've seen a large number of MickJenn's hands on t'tele - quite a few times I've been on the same table too, think he's a v.good, v.aggro player.

Surely, anyone who's seen him play or knows him, now knows this is Mick's modus operandi? I'd be calling a 3-bet Mick shove with 10s, or better...?