You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should villain fold hand?

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Playing in a sat for tnite's open, felt play was very poor, alot of calling stations and ppl willing to call all ins with medium holdings. My play in the hand below looks awful, but i felt the oppenent could only call if they had the ten. Obviously in hindsight i wudnt of bet the flop, but is dere any case for when an oppenent triple barrels to lay down the hand, when its four to a straight. Any suggestions on play much appreciated. 

The bet on the flop, im not sure what im representing, but when the turn card comes, im cleary repping the ten, which i feel is well within my range after checking pre flop on the bb. Is it a case that the oppenent cannot lay down a very good hand despite the board or was my play that poor?

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancemag70Small blind 200.00200.0012335.00KKripplerBig blind 400.00600.003065.00 Your hole cards74   RitchieFold    kezzzzFold    UkjoeCall 400.001000.003532.50mag70Call 200.001200.0012135.00KKripplerCheck    Flop  AQJ   mag70Check    KKripplerBet 450.001650.002615.00UkjoeCall 450.002100.003082.50mag70Fold    Turn  K   KKripplerBet 600.002700.002015.00UkjoeCall 600.003300.002482.50River  3   KKripplerAll-in 2015.005315.000.00UkjoeCall 2015.007330.00467.50KKripplerShow74   UkjoeShowAA   UkjoeWinThree Aces7330.00 7797.50

Comments

• edited April 2011
    your flop bluff is pure spew 3 way against bad players
  • edited April 2011
    tbh your flop bet is slightly horrendous, your opponent can do as he likes, he has a very strong hand!! I doubt you have many reads on him, so making this move is not good, especially in a satellite. Check fold flop. 
  • edited April 2011
    Any hand worth betting on that flop should have been shoved pre flop.

UK Joe is pre-occupied with the racing post and hasn't realised he's got aces.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Should villain fold hand?:
    tbh your flop bet is slightly horrendous, you're opponent can do as he likes, he has a very strong hand!! I doubt you have many reads on your opponent, so making this move is not good, especially in a satellite. Check fold flop. 
    Posted by percival09

Lol, can something be slightly hurrendous??????

+1 tho. Don't stab at pots with a stack below 10xbb.

• edited April 2011
    To be fair, i agree, the flop bet is awful, dont know what i was thinking, hoping to take down the pot with a lame bet. Granted the oppenent is never gonna fold the flop bet with a good hand or if their floating, but once the turn card came, is there grounds for folding your three aces, when i have bet the turn. Should my bad initial play have worked when a scary turn card arrived and i continue to bet.
  • edited April 2011
    tbh, you shouldn't even be thinking about this....

Sats on sky are all about pre flop play. 

If you take anything from this thread it should be about your approach/strategy in sats. 

You need to protect your fold equity, so that your pre flop shoves are more effective when you find a good spot. You really aren't deep enough to 3 barrell bluff when you start with less than 10 bigs. 

Should joe have folded the turn? I dunno, I wouldn't. not with the standard on sky people are still value betting worse than top set.

But iF i was joe I'd have been in pre, and if not, deffo in on the flop.

• edited April 2011
    There's only one hand that bets the flop that likes the turn enough to remain aggressive.   I like the attempt, but the crying call will often be made.
  • edited April 2011
    Even if you have a Ten you give villian such good odds on the turn to draw to a boat, and by the time the rivers come off he can call hoping that if you're just spewing around 28% of the time he's making profit, and you shoulda just gave it up as soon as you were dealt those rags. But hey, if you felt it had a good chance of working then that's totally up to you sir. If they'd both have folded you woulda felt pretty good, but not a move i would pull off often if at all ever.
    Cheers,
    Carlos Smitalos