You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

MTT. Flop call, turn and river sizing? - Discuss.

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic

First level of a 5.50 tourny, 40ish runners.

No notes or info on the opponent, standard is generally shocking, but never seen the guy before.

His small c bet was either weak or massive strength, either way I think I can only flat.

Turn I wanna build the pot with a chunky raise, and the river I'm confused and disappointed when he checks to me.

What does he think I have, what do you think he has? and therefore what do you bet?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
karl88402 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1710.00
EMILYB Big blind  20.00 30.00 2030.00
  Your hole cards

blackcobra Raise  60.00 90.00 2490.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  60.00 150.00 2010.00
blossomsq Fold     
wombles Fold     
karl88402 Fold     
EMILYB Fold     
Flop

• A

blackcobra Bet  60.00 210.00 2430.00
DOHHHHHHH Call  60.00 270.00 1950.00
Turn

• Q

blackcobra Bet  60.00 330.00 2370.00
DOHHHHHHH Raise  300.00 630.00 1650.00
blackcobra Call  240.00 870.00 2130.00
River

blackcobra Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Got to put him on a flush draw kq pos or weak ace,stand c bet small bet on the turn pos looking for a cheap card then calls the raise fits for flush draw poor call if its a 10 a j a x, river check trap with aq cant be flush draws my guess so ur not getting paid on river or weak ace i bet 500 into 870 pot
  • edited April 2011
    Edit will post again, completely misread potsize
  • edited April 2011
    I have almost 2x the pot behind on the river.

I am disappointed coz I wanted to see a bet obv, blocker, value, bluff, whatever!

That would give me leverage to shove. 

• edited April 2011
    raise flop for value, he bets small anyway so theres not huge value to be had from hands that double barrell but fold to flop raise. Also it allows you control the betsizing to get your stack in. In my experience flop raises are called lighter than turn raises, so I much prefer raising flop.

Turn raise is good

I bet 750 on river you are not getting anything from missed fd, so go close to pot as he's raising very little of his range (anything he is raising he raises anyway) and he'll likely call with Ax

I would rarely expect any type of villain to lead river after flatting turn raise, obv you are hoping he does
  • edited April 2011
    raise flop with view to get it in/ raise all weak c bets, raise turn and all weak turn barrel bets, value bet river,
    prolly has weak ace pocket tens etc
  • edited April 2011
    Seeing as called a big re-raise on the turn there's a good chance he'll call a big bet on the river too. I think he's strong and he thinks he's trapping you, he might even have AA. I like a big bet here, close to pot. I'd go 790, expecting a call and hoping for a shove. 
  • edited April 2011
    Defo raise flop then just keep betting till you run out of chips or streets.
  • edited April 2011
    Agreed with the previous post, raise flop, and keep barreling. But the way you played it i'd probably say AJ is his most likely holding? Of course singling out 1 hand instead of a range is narrow minded, but i think a majority of the time it's a hand of that strength. Most people go AK crazy and would get it in, as would AQ, A3, or A2 (impossible and we know by the river) and  since your raise was very big in comparison to his bet i don't think he's calling with many flush draws unless he's got STATION strapped across his forehead. I'd say AJ-AT imo, not sure what he has you on as you're super polarized when you make that turn raise, so i'm unsure.
    Cheers,
    Carlos Smitalos
  • edited April 2011
    I made it 700.?
  • edited April 2011
    ^^^^
    That sizing seems fine to me. Not raising flop is a big mistake though imo