You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Full Tilt / Absolute Poker / Pokerstars

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
alot going on recently about the above poker sites being closed down by the F.B.I

Apparently this is because money is being laundered into fake bank accounts in europe, so the rake made or deposits taken go to an european bank account, through a U.S bank which have either accepted bribes, been tricked into (fake business accounts) or just agreed to do the illigal transactions for the company.

It gets complicated as the law banning online gambling in the U.S is under court still as the U.S poker companys complained that it was unfair and a breach of fair trading or whatnot.

The US goverment then miss out on the taxes made on the money and so forth and that, FBI found the european accounts under fake business names that included a watch shop, football merchandise and newsagents.

Now the US obviously is a big market to these companies, but why risk the whole reputation of all of the sites, i feel especially sorry for the pros that market them as now it looks like they may have to close intirely, hold the database and start the site again from europe under a different name.

All my friends have withdrawn from these sites, don't know what the next step is so i guess better safe then sorry.

still amazes me that such big companys that make plenty of money outside the US would risk all that because of the massive stake in the US, well now they've been caught and will get what they deserve, also after reading what was put on the site, depositing money also sounds a bit dodge, as its put on the website knowing accepting to engage (withdrawing/depositing/or even betting what you have in your account) is also a fedal crime, now i know they cant track down every payment since it was on there but makes you wonder.

Any of you guys play on these sites? if so keep an eye out as it looks pretty bleak for these sites at the moment.

Keep going sky, everyone bar the US may be needing you soon :)

D1mond
Craig Martin