You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Primo guarantee reduced by £2.5K

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
This was adjusted early on though. I think the reason was due to player numbers falling over the coming months due to lighter evenings etc.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I see that the Primo guarantee has dropped this week from £15K to £12.5K.

I'm not participating in it either way, but it seems to be a rather odd decision to do this today when the majority of other non-US sites are doing the exact opposite. I've just been playing on another site where all tournaments have had their guarantees doubled, and they're all making the guarantee.

Sky double the freerolls and drop the guarantee on their flagship tournament. I'm left scratching my head.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Primo guarantee reduced by £2.5K:
    I see that the Primo guarantee has dropped this week from £15K to £12.5K. It seems to me to be a rather odd decision to do this today when the majority of other non-US sites are doing the exact opposite. I've just been playing on another site where all tournaments have had their guarantees doubled, and they're all making the guarantee.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Pretty sure it was £12.5k last week.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Primo guarantee reduced by £2.5K:
    In Response to Primo guarantee reduced by £2.5K : Pretty sure it was £12.5k last week.
    Posted by belsibub
    Yes, you're right, it was actually reduced last week, I stand corrected.

In the current climate I still think it's a shame that Sky aren't doing much to attract players fleeing the main sites. A few extra quid in freerolls isn't going to do much to attract the sort of players who pay a lot of rake.