You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bounty Hunters - Encouraging poor play?

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
I mainly play DYM sit and go's however iv seen the BH on 865, railed a couple and played a couple this weekend........ 

does the "bounty" aspect encourage poor play and porr calls on pretty much every street? is the tourny a bit of fun and should i treat it as such or is there cash to be made by playing ABC and getting it in ahead more than 50% of the time???

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Bounty Hunters - Encouraging poor play?:
    I mainly play DYM sit and go's however iv seen the BH on 865, railed a couple and played a couple this weekend........  does the "bounty" aspect encourage poor play and porr calls on pretty much every street? is the tourny a bit of fun and should i treat it as such or is there cash to be made by playing ABC and getting it in ahead more than 50% of the time???
    Posted by pompeyred
    the only tournament i have won on sky is a bounty hunter and tend to either leave quite early or do very well, I think for the first hour of a bounty hunter there is alot of poor play so i recomend you try to use it to your advantage, whenever you feel as if your ahead bet very strongly as alot of players will risk it all on top pair or even PP when there are 3 or 4 over cards. Then after the hour play your normal game IMO.
  • edited April 2011
    Not necessarily POOR play, just a different tactic and perspective on hands. On numerous times I have 3bet shoved with hands like 10,3 o/s just because there is an all in from a short stack. Remember in poker your never far behind preflop. 7,2 vs AK is still only around 40/60. Use controlled aggression, common sense and a bit of gamble and you can't go wrong.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunters - Encouraging poor play?:
    Not necessarily POOR play, just a different tactic and perspective on hands. On numerous times I have 3bet shoved with hands like 10,3 o/s just because there is an all in from a short stack. Remember in poker your never far behind preflop. 7,2 vs AK is still only around 40/60. Use controlled aggression, common sense and a bit of gamble and you can't go wrong.
    Posted by FlashFlush
    fish!

how did you end up last night?
  • edited April 2011
    cheers, came second in a 25 runner BH @ 12.45.... and got it in good heads up too!! ... might give a few more a go
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunters - Encouraging poor play?:
    In Response to Re: Bounty Hunters - Encouraging poor play? : fish! how did you end up last night?
    Posted by pryce6
    26th, not bad with almost 31,000 runners :P