You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

First night back after a rest.Same old same old

edited April 2011 in Area 51
Now before you all say you shoulda went all in Pre.No i shouldn't of i wanted a customer.

This is me back after a three day rest after saying there is something wrong here.

All i asked for is to be knocked out after going in behind.To be outplayed FAIRLY to receive RANDOM CARDS.

This isn't a one off this is Practically (notice i didn't say every) tourney.

This isn't a joke anymore tooo many people agree FIX THE RNG.Change it Roll Back do something.

I should not even been in the tourney at this point i might add, three times i was drawing to two cards after being dominated and massively behind.Luckily i had a bigger chip stack and miricle cards came in to ensure the small chip stack was saying bye bye. I'm not saying it happens everytime, that would just be too obvious wouldn't it but it is not balanced and it is certainly not random by any sense of the word.
marsh08 Small blind  800.00 800.00 11687.50
longsight Big blind  1600.00 2400.00 16430.00
  Your hole cards
  • K
  • K

rosslee Fold     
tarel1973 Fold     
snorky Raise  3200.00 5600.00 6865.00
marsh08 Fold     
longsight Call  1600.00 7200.00 14830.00
Flop

longsight Check     
snorky All-in  6865.00 14065.00 0.00
longsight Call  6865.00 20930.00 7965.00
longsight Show
  • Q

snorky Show
  • K
  • K

Turn

• Q

River

longsight Win Full House, 4s and Queens
I was so unsurprised by this i actually laughed.Another 2 quid bites the dust another straw added to the camels back.Not looking well my camel i give it a week.Have stopped recommending SKY to all my friends as now feel there is something wrong here and do not wish to lose my friends as quickly as i lose my money on here.Used to love this site as well, good and bad days.

Love poker! love  a fair chance more! 

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Your right sky is fixed, try poker stars

Shaz
    xxx
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to First night back after a rest.Same old same old:
    Now before you all say you shoulda went all in Pre.No i shouldn't of i wanted a customer. This is me back after a three day rest after saying there is something wrong here. All i asked for is to be knocked out after going in behind.To be outplayed FAIRLY to receive RANDOM CARDS. This isn't a one off this is Practically (notice i didn't say every) tourney. This isn't a joke anymore tooo many people agree FIX THE RNG.Change it Roll Back do something. I should not even been in the tourney at this point i might add, three times i was drawing to two cards after being dominated and massively behind.Luckily i had a bigger chip stack and miricle cards came in to ensure the small chip stack was saying bye bye. I'm not saying it happens everytime, that would just be too obvious wouldn't it but it is not balanced and it is certainly not random by any sense of the word. marsh08 Small blind   800.00 800.00 11687.50 longsight Big blind   1600.00 2400.00 16430.00   Your hole cards K K       rosslee Fold         tarel1973 Fold         snorky Raise   3200.00 5600.00 6865.00 marsh08 Fold         longsight Call   1600.00 7200.00 14830.00 Flop     8 4 4       longsight Check         snorky All-in   6865.00 14065.00 0.00 longsight Call   6865.00 20930.00 7965.00 longsight Show Q 4       snorky Show K K       Turn     Q       River     10       longsight Win Full House, 4s and Queens I was so unsurprised by this i actually laughed.Another 2 quid bites the dust another straw added to the camels back.Not looking well my camel i give it a week.Have stopped recommending SKY to all my friends as now feel there is something wrong here and do not wish to lose my friends as quickly as i lose my money on here.Used to love this site as well, good and bad days.     Love poker! love  a fair chance more! 
    Posted by snorky
    You were in the above hand.

Also if you sucked out 2/3 times you were on borrowed time anyway - Just pretend in your head that u missed those 2 outers and lost "fairly" (in a more orthadox way)
  • edited April 2011
    I'm sure if i got beaten by five aces doh you would still think this is just variance.

Sadly i have played here for over four years probrably more.Just to clarify i do not think that anyone has an advantage over anyone else nor do i think the RNG Favours anyone in particular.

The sense i get is like when they changed the ingredience of coca cola and said it is the same if not better sadly it wasn't the same and it wasn't better and eventually they had to change it back.

I beleive everyone has the same chance like putting 50p in a fruit machine, sadly this is not why i play poker i beleive it is the skill aspect that attracts people to poker otherwise lets play snap for money.I beleive that too many action hands  are being created on here and towards the end of tournaments the odds are seemingly irrelevant to actual cards being dealt, and this means that if calculating the odds of hitting and pot odds have become pointless then we are playing something very similar to online roulette.Now how many poker players do you think are interested in playing online roulette.

I am going to take shaz's advice and try poker stars as i beleive doh is probrably right, this has got into my head and if we look for something dodgy hard enough we are always going to find it.

I enjoy poker and remember my first win on here after playing 3 months lol(re-phrase didn't win but made the money) have sufferered 3 bubbles on three consecutive nights(bad play by me everytime) and enjoyed many times on final tables(small stakes of course).

I sadly am convinced something has changed on here since just before christmas which makes playing less fun and slightly more of a c rap shoot.Not really what i am after.

Still play well and maybe PS will be the same if not worse.

Not here to offend, i am here to moan but most of all i miss the old sky poker.(bout sais it all)  

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: First night back after a rest.Same old same old:
    I'm sure if i got beaten by five aces doh you would still think this is just variance.   Sadly i have played here for over four years probrably more.Just to clarify i do not think that anyone has an advantage over anyone else nor do i think the RNG Favours anyone in particular. The sense i get is like when they changed the ingredience of coca cola and said it is the same if not better sadly it wasn't the same and it wasn't better and eventually they had to change it back. I beleive everyone has the same chance like putting 50p in a fruit machine, sadly this is not why i play poker i beleive it is the skill aspect that attracts people to poker otherwise lets play snap for money.I beleive that too many action hands  are being created on here and towards the end of tournaments the odds are seemingly irrelevant to actual cards being dealt, and this means that if calculating the odds of hitting and pot odds have become pointless then we are playing something very similar to online roulette.Now how many poker players do you think are interested in playing online roulette. I am going to take shaz's advice and try poker stars as i beleive doh is probrably right, this has got into my head and if we look for something dodgy hard enough we are always going to find it. I enjoy poker and remember my first win on here after playing 3 months lol(re-phrase didn't win but made the money) have sufferered 3 bubbles on three consecutive nights(bad play by me everytime) and enjoyed many times on final tables(small stakes of course). I sadly am convinced something has changed on here since just before christmas which makes playing less fun and slightly more of a c rap shoot.Not really what i am after.   Still play well and maybe PS will be the same if not worse. Not here to offend, i am here to moan but most of all i miss the old sky poker.(bout sais it all)       
    Posted by snorky

How come all the top players r still winning? 

How come all the pros are still making a living?

The general advice is to avoid the American sites at the mo after all the legal problems they're having, your money may not be safe, it probably will be, but who knows what's gonna happen.

If you really wanna leave I'd look for an alternative euro based site. 

It wont change anything though.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: First night back after a rest.Same old same old:
    In Response to Re: First night back after a rest.Same old same old : How come all the top players r still winning?  How come all the pros are still making a living? The general advice is to avoid the American sites at the mo after all the legal problems they're having, your money may not be safe, it probably will be, but who knows what's gonna happen. If you really wanna leave I'd look for an alternative euro based site.  It wont change anything though.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ludicrous argument without any context. What was the win rate of the these top players before vs now. Was the sample size large enough to be significant. How much were the pros making

And you dont know it wont change anything because you have absolutely no data on the randomness or otherwise of this RNG vs another.

• edited April 2011
    Erm I was winning when I started and am still winning, nothing has changed apart that ive got better over the last year and make more now.