You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The King is back!! Lierpool reborn.

edited April 2011 in The Shed
As a now ancient LFC fan i was worried that the return of KingKen would lessen the shine from his halo, but fingers crossed things are going rather well especiaslly against the other top teams but a season without europe could be very damaging next year, will we get fifth?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Yeah its a cert I'd say for them to get fifth, but do you really want to qualify for the b o o b y league tbh?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to The King is back!! Lierpool reborn.:
    As a now ancient LFC fan i was worried that the return of KingKen would lessen the shine from his halo, but fingers crossed things are going rather well especiaslly against the other top teams but a season without europe could be very damaging next year, will we get fifth?
    Posted by KINGKEN914
    im not sure if we can get fifth i think its too late for that now i think next year we can win it though :)
  • edited April 2011

talk about reborn,liverpool av just had a couple o weeks of bad variance compared to stoke who have ad years of it,now theres a team thats reborn...

STOKE CITY FC

• edited April 2011
    I,m a North End Fan  but when iwas a kid ( about 5-10) my dad used to take me to Anfield sometimes and Kenny Dalglish became a bit of an idol for me

i remember sitting at my m8,s waiting to watch that programme "scully" - Don,t remember much of it now , just that Kenny Dalglish was on it and we all wanted to be like him

I know what you mean king about his return and if it went wrong or goes wrong losing his halo - I was quite suprised when he took on the job as it seemed he had everything to lose and not a lot to gain, especially with the squad he inherited and the state they were in, but he has just proved he is still a gr8 manager and when you look at Arsenal with wenger and Utd with feruguson I think liverpool could get back to the glory days of the early 80,s if they give him a long contract and actually stick to it

I did meet him once in blackpool. he was with Steve macmahan , manager of Bpool at the time and his son was playing for them. he signed his autograph for me - I,ll never forget it - I almost froze when i saw him

As for europe nxt season I think teams that qualify for UEAFA suffer in the league. For some teams its a big deal , but personally I think Liverpool could be better than that and would be better concentrating on qualifying for the Champs league the year after w/o the distractions of travelling halfway accross europe every cpl of weeks to play some poor teams in an overated competition and risk picking up injurys etc

its amazing how quickly he has turned that team around and the longer he is there the more he can mould it into his own team - It was really nice to see the Kop singing happy birthday to him the other week and when they were 3 up as well - all credit to him - He deserves it and I hope he stays for the rest of his career - he is liverpool through and through - A propper Ledgend
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: The King is back!! Lierpool reborn.:
    talk about reborn,liverpool av just had a couple o weeks of bad variance compared to stoke who have ad years of it,now theres a team thats reborn... STOKE CITY FC
    Posted by stokefc

LOL - Didnt see that coming yesterday

Tony pullis is well underated imo
  • edited April 2011
    Oi !! You lot are meant to nick Hubcaps not 'V's !!

check out ya OP title !!! LOL
  • edited April 2011
    I,m a North End Fan  but when iwas a kid ( about 5-10) my dad used to take me to Anfield sometimes and Kenny Dalglish became a bit of an idol for me i remember sitting at my m8,s waiting to watch that programme "scully" - Don,t remember much of it now , just that Kenny Dalglish was on it and we all wanted to be like him I know what you mean king about his return and if it went wrong or goes wrong losing his halo - I was quite suprised when he took on the job as it seemed he had everything to lose and not a lot to gain, especially with the squad he inherited and the state they were in, but he has just proved he is still a gr8 manager and when you look at Arsenal with wenger and Utd with feruguson I think liverpool could get back to the glory days of the early 80,s if they give him a long contract and actually stick to it I did meet him once in blackpool. he was with Steve macmahan , manager of Bpool at the time and his son was playing for them. he signed his autograph for me - I,ll never forget it - I almost froze when i saw him As for europe nxt season I think teams that qualify for UEAFA suffer in the league. For some teams its a big deal , but personally I think Liverpool could be better than that and would be better concentrating on qualifying for the Champs league the year after w/o the distractions of travelling halfway accross europe every cpl of weeks to play some poor teams in an overated competition and risk picking up injurys etc its amazing how quickly he has turned that team around and the longer he is there the more he can mould it into his own team - It was really nice to see the Kop singing happy birthday to him the other week and when they were 3 up as well - all credit to him - He deserves it and I hope he stays for the rest of his career - he is liverpool through and through - A propper Ledgend
    Posted by MP33

Yeah that was exactly my point I was making in my previous post. It may indeed suit both parties next year if Everton get 5th and qualify for Europe as they could do with a cash injection! It would also indeed aid Liverpool to get the newer players they'll undoubtedly sign in the summer into the Liverpool style of play and hopefully push them on to requalify for the Champions' League, though it will be extremely tough with City and Spurs trying to claw their way into it too.

Should make for another good season though!
  • edited April 2011
    Always good to look long term but a season without europe is almost unthinkable. Ww could use it as a place to let our kids have a run out bring the likes of pacheco, kelly, robinson, spearing, shelvey etc maybe even master sterling!
  • edited April 2011
    Oi !! You lot are meant to nick Hubcaps not 'V's !! check out ya OP title !!! LOL
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

Scouse or not you gotta laugh at this..... he he

sounds German to me, where do they play? Afield?
  • edited April 2011
    a couple of dodgy results and the scallies are back....OH great, just what the world needs right now. This season you're not even the best team in Liverpool lol. where do you think you're going to pinch 5th place from? There's more chance of my team, MIGHTY LEEDS, getting back to the top division this year, and their hopes are pretty dismal right now. yes i know where they are in the league, but they are not playing well enough to stay there unfortunately. Liverpool are a spent force and will find it hard to get back to top four. Accept it, CL is a thing of the past, a new breed has emerged and you just ain't got membership to that club
  • edited April 2011
    1. King Kenny will NEVER lose his halo regardless of what happens now or in the future (the best player I have ever seen) and one of the best men this country has ever seen. Should be Prime Minister and then we might have a land where dignity and respect aren't just words, but are displayed in even the most difficult of circumstances.
    2. Europa League isn't important .....improvement is what matters and that is what we are doing.
    3. Didn't come back for his own benefit.....knew that he was needed and put the club he loves first.

THIS IS WHY HE IS A GOD AMONGST MEN AND WE KNOW HOW LUCKY WE ARE TO HAVE HIM.