You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

HU sng - turn spot oop.

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic

The guy is trappy passive. He has been calling if he hits any part of the board, but also flatting monsters/top pair etc.

Standard 3b and c bet on the flop.

Any bet on the turn is going to be pot committing.

Do I just bet/call it off here and hope he doesn't have a king? It's abit of a gamble but I don't see what else I can do?

Bet/call it off, or bet turn, shove river, if he flats?

Or are you slowing down?

Thanx
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
cuffyno1 Small blind  10.00 10.00 1060.00
DOHHHHHHH Big blind  20.00 30.00 910.00
  Your hole cards

cuffyno1 Raise  30.00 60.00 1030.00
DOHHHHHHH Raise  120.00 180.00 790.00
cuffyno1 Call  100.00 280.00 930.00
Flop

• K

DOHHHHHHH Bet  140.00 420.00 650.00
cuffyno1 Call  140.00 560.00 790.00
Turn

DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Insta fold on turn, FWIW i have played Cuffy and generally he has something, i occasionally double barrell but i think its too early to do this and go for broke in this spot. Check/ fold turn next hand please

also keep playing him imo ;)

edit i prob check call flop...
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HU sng - turn spot oop.:
    Insta fold on turn, FWIW i have played Cuffy and generally he has something, i occasionally double barrell but i think its too early to do this and go for broke in this spot. Check/ fold turn next hand please also keep playing him imo ;) edit i prob check call flop...
    Posted by YOUNG_GUN
    Blimey that's abit negative innit ???? :S
  • edited April 2011
    Indeed dude, u know im quite aggro too surely he has king here if or even binked bigger?

my guess would be KQ worst, or 66 ;) + u dont have position which makes it so hard to bet or shove
  • edited April 2011
    Shove get called by K2 and start up a new game.
  • edited April 2011
    Shove get called by K2 and start up a new game.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    +1 .. hard to get away from this hand. 
    He could easily have 9X here ... 
    And tbh, I would stay away from these HU S&G's, 1000 chips each is far too shallow!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: HU sng - turn spot oop. : +1 .. hard to get away from this hand.  He could easily have 9X here ...  And tbh, I would stay away from these HU S&G's, 1000 chips each is far too shallow!!!
    Posted by percival09
    99.9% of the good players do!  ;)
  • edited April 2011
    If you are 3betting pre and cbetting flop as standard you are going to be in this spot a lot

Im interested as to why you think both are so standard - not saying its bad just you get to turn like this lots with a psb and an awkward situation. Shoving is meh, I expect very little worse to call/better to fold but the other options dont really appeal either.
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011
    If you are 3betting pre and cbetting flop as standard you are going to be in this spot a lot Im interested as to why you think both are so standard - not saying its bad just you get to turn like this lots with a psb and an awkward situation. Shoving is meh, I expect very little worse to call/better to fold but the other options dont really appeal either.
    Posted by grantorino
    meh I think 3betting pre is standard hu 50bbs deep obv with the intention of snapping a shove, people don't like folding Ax/Kx much hu especially in position.

• edited April 2011
    yeah 3bet pre is fine with intention of getting it in but you really need to consider your stack to pot ratio and if called what your plan is.....so what was your plan before you 3bet?

does he always min raise button?
    whats his range calling 3bet pre?
    fit or fold on flop?
    how light does he call 2nd barrel?