You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

twitter

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Last night you said announcements were coming this week but that they would appear first on twitter. I do not use twitter so am a bit miffed that non-skypoker players who read twitter get to know before sky players like me who don't tweet but have been with Sky from day 1. Hoping you will unmiff me soon.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    You don't have to "use" it, all you need to do is look at the page (don't even need an account) for Sky's twits.

• edited April 2011

Hi tiercel,

I don't think you need a twitter account to "follow" my Tweets. I give away stuff on Twitter, too. Free seats & things.......

Hope you are not too miffed with me.

Some stuff will be announced tomorrow, on Twitter, Facebook, Community, various Online Poker News Sites, in Press Releases, & an e-Mail to all Sky Poker Clients. It will be released almost simultaneously on all mediums, I expect, & it is not time-precious. 

• edited April 2011
    Sounds like a biggy.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to twitter:
    Last night you said announcements were coming this week but that they would appear first on twitter. I do not use twitter so am a bit miffed that non-skypoker players who read twitter get to know before sky players like me who don't tweet but have been with Sky from day 1. Hoping you will unmiff me soon.
    Posted by tiercel
    No account needed just check

http://twitter.com/tony_kendall

from time to time.
  • edited April 2011
    OK thanks for unmiffing me. Will be watching with bated breath .
  • edited April 2011
    Speaking of twitter - I,ve been on for a cpl of months and have just noticed i,ve got 5 followers, but 2 of them , i haven,t got a clue who they are _ i won,t give out there names but was wondering if regular tweeters/twitters or whatever you call them could tell me how these ppl have cottoned on to me and are following me?

Its not as if I write anything interesting on there

ps Whats the difference between a reply and a retweet?  
    PPs - its not a joke - its just confusing me  
  • edited April 2011
    There is software that will track certain keywords so when you tweet something with those words in they will follow you.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: twitter:
    Speaking of twitter - I,ve been on for a cpl of months and have just noticed i,ve got 5 followers, but 2 of them , i haven,t got a clue who they are _ i won,t give out there names but was wondering if regular tweeters/twitters or whatever you call them could tell me how these ppl have cottoned on to me and are following me? Its not as if I write anything interesting on there
    Posted by MP33
    I've just looked at who's following you and i'm guessing it's the Whitney and Ace followers you aren't sure of.  I often get randoms following me usually from some win at poker system etc etc rubbish.  I usually just go to their twitter profile and block them, problem solved.
  • edited April 2011
    Cheers machka

i,ve just added another Q on the bottom about re-tweeting - perhaps you couls answer that for me as well - Thx

ps - how did you find my profile as i go under another name on twitter?
  • edited April 2011
    A reply is just a reply to a tweet from somebody, so you reply to their tweet and it just goes to the person you're replying to.

If you retweet something, you just copy what someone has tweeted and it goes on your twitter for all of your followers to see.
  • edited April 2011
    Cheers machka i,ve just added another Q on the bottom about re-tweeting - perhaps you couls answer that for me as well - Thx ps - how did you find my profile as i go under another name on twitter?
    Posted by MP33
    Re-tweeting is when you pass on to your followers something tweeted by someone else.
  • edited April 2011
    Cheers machka i,ve just added another Q on the bottom about re-tweeting - perhaps you couls answer that for me as well - Thx ps - how did you find my profile as i go under another name on twitter?
    Posted by MP33
    I used the search box and got lucky. :-)

ps Whats the difference between a reply and a retweet? 

A reply is tweeted back to the original sender and not to all your followers.
    A retweet sends a message you received to all your followers.

e.g. if Sky_Poker tweeted:

"Reply to this tweet and win a million pounds, tell your friends!"

you'd hit reply and the tweet would look like:

@Sky_Poker yes please!

But if you also retweeted it you'd send the message:

@Sky_Poker Reply to this tweet and win a million pounds, tell your friends!

to all the people who follow you.

PPs - its not a joke - its just confusing me 

I've probably confused you more right?

• edited April 2011
    When do I get the million pounds ?
  • edited April 2011
    When do I get the million pounds ?
    Posted by AcidMan27
    They drew names out of a hat and Machka won it :)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: twitter : They drew names out of a hat and Machka won it :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    Winning answer.  Well, technically 2nd place.
  • edited April 2011
    I'm going to send a strongly worded letter to Ann Robinson off of Watchdog.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: twitter : They drew names out of a hat and Machka won it :)
    Posted by phil12uk
    LOL - I knew that was coming

Cheers guys - I get it now