You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why would Sky rig hands?

edited April 2011 in Area 51

I'm loving the forums but come on people... Sky rigging hands is a stupid accusation!

Why would they? It's not like they're the ones making money off it.

Most of the people making the accusations seem to get beat with strong pocket pairs... Fair enough you start the hand with a pair of aces/kings etc but 9 times out of 10 that's all you're going to have at the end of the hand aswell, 1 pair. Not being able to fold a hand is a weakness in YOUR game nothing else. Bet accordingly and look at what's out on the board, if it seems innocent enough it usually is.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Alot of the doubters say it's not sky fixing it on purpose, but some kind of fault with the rng. 

Your right though, it's neither. 

• edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Why would Sky rig hands?:
    I'm loving the forums but come on people... Sky rigging hands is a stupid accusation! Why would they? It's not like they're the ones making money off it. Most of the people making the accusations seem to get beat with strong pocket pairs... Fair enough you start the hand with a pair of aces/kings etc but 9 times out of 10 that's all you're going to have at the end of the hand aswell, 1 pair. Not being able to fold a hand is a weakness in YOUR game nothing else. Bet accordingly and look at what's out on the board, if it seems innocent enough it usually is.
    Posted by ScalpRiver

You're obviously a knowledgeable chap, I'll try to follow what you say.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Why would Sky rig hands?:
    Alot of the doubters say it's not sky fixing it on purpose, but some kind of fault with the rng.  Your right though, it's neither. 
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Dont start them off again..:)
  • edited April 2011
    Its not  ACTION MAN its ACTION HANDS!..and plenty of  it lol...
  • edited April 2011
    I'm not weighing in on either side of this, but I will say that I think many corporations have and always will find reasons to act in ways that suit them and their shareholders rather than the consumer base they serve.  To believe otherwise could be perceived as  being naive.