You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

25 pt freeroll £100 gtd

edited April 2011 in Area 51
294 entries even with 200 peeps havin 1 rebuy thats £100 now if 100 do the add on thats £50 in total £150 + £100 gtd = £250

not so, all rebuy's and add ons are kept by sky so they have gtd a tourny and turned in £50 profit + the 25pts for entry.

I was absolutely flabbergasted (and disgusted) being a newbie it was my 1st so called freeroll. Contacted live chat but got no where. Only site i know where this happens.

It should be stated in the tourny lobby.

And as a gtd tourny they should be willing to accept any overlay.

To me it's an UTTER DISGRACE and a total RIP OFF but i'll still enter them but I WILL NEVER EVER REBUY or ADD ON AGAIN .... GET A GRIP SKY

I finshed 3rd for £10.50 and paid for 50p addon

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I'm afraid that your wrong.  Any amount over the guarantee is added to the prize fun BUT its very very rare for that to happen in a freeroll as it would take 200 rebuys or addons at £0.50 a time for the guarantee to be met.

Steve
  • edited April 2011
    Well total paid out £100 out of 294 entries I know i added on 50p how many others even so if I was only 1 then total paid out would be £100.50.

I think you'll find in cash tourny it added to pool but not in freerolls live chat told me.

thanks for input tho'

out of 294 players i would xpect prize fund to be over £100 not much tho' i just find it very unfriendly that they don't add it to the prizepool from the start whether 50p or £100
  • edited April 2011
    If you go to My Sky Poker and then My Tables you can see the tournaments you entered that have finished.  Then look at the lobby and it will show you the exact number of rebuys and addons so you can see how much was paid in rebuys and addons.
  • edited April 2011
    Never seen the point of rebuying in a free tournament.

The only people who do are the ones who are playing for fun and are not able to work out it's not a profitable long term strategy.

The same people would also not question the pay out to buy in ratio for the reason stated so I am struggling to figure out which category the original poster falls into.

If he is a play for fun guy why is he questioning the pay out - if he is a shrewd risk / reward analyser why is he rebuying in a freerole??
  • edited April 2011
    thx machka found it 73 rebuys and add ons so all well and good

Ayrgraeme i don't normally play rebuys hate rebuys but i did buy the add on for 50p unless i missed something what else can you do with points

What i was getting at if they were offering £100 freeroll then adding in rebuys and add ons is saving sky cash hope this is making sense
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: 25 pt freeroll £100 gtd:
    thx machka found it 73 rebuys and add ons so all well and good Ayrgraeme i don't normally play rebuys hate rebuys but i did buy the add on for 50p unless i missed something what else can you do with points What i was getting at if they were offering £100 freeroll then adding in rebuys and add ons is saving sky cash hope this is making sense
    Posted by CANDYSUX_1
    Buy in then stop if you lose your chips.  Enjoy the new player freeroll - I think it's a freeze out
  • edited April 2011
    The £100 guarantee is the tourniment organisers (skypoker in this case) guarantee that the minumum pay out for that tourniment will be £100.
    Until the £100 prize pool is reached sky are under no obligation to put any other monies into the pool and i cant believe that any other site wouldnt do exactly the same.
  • edited April 2011
    Perhaps you should note the structure before you play. £100 guaranteed is not the same as £100 added, I guess this where the confusion lies