You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The OATCAKE thread

A thread for us 'Stokies'!

Any tales from yesterday @ Wembley?

Any predictions for the final?

All jokes & banter welcome but please try to keep it clean and civil (ish) so I dont get in trouble with the M*DS

Cheers, Alan

BE LOYAL BE PROUD BE STOKE!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    WELL I WENT TO LONDON ON SAT VISITING FAMILY,ALLTHE WAY DOWN THE M40 I WAVED AT EVERY MAN CITY COACH WE PASSED AND THERE WERE ALOT,BECAUSE OF THE M1 BEING CLOSED.I DID NOT SEE 1 MAN UTD COACH.DID THEY TURN UP XX. ANY WAY BACK TO STOKE THEY WERE THE ONLY CLUB I WANTED TO WIN,SO COME ON STOKE AND WIN THAT FINAL YOU POTTERS, FROM A MIDLANDS FAN.
  • edited April 2011
    Had two oatcakes this morning as it 'appens - mature cheddar and finest quality streaky bacon :)

• edited April 2011
    What an incredible score, Stoke are certainly a force to be reckoned with.
  • edited April 2011
    did anyone stay at the village hotel elstree over the weekend.a brill place to stay when a FA CUP GAME IS PLAYING.VERY FUNNY WATCHING YOU BLOKES HAVEING A GOOD TIME.BUT PLEASE KEEP THE SINGING DOWN WHEN SOME OF US WANT TO SLEEP XXX
  • edited April 2011
    I'll be supporting Stoke in the final.

I always go for the underdogs if my team isn't involved which is every year really.
  • edited April 2011
    What an incredible result that was yesterday, did not see that one coming at all! City also have a poor record recently against Stoke so I would not put it past them to now go on and win the whole thing outright - indeed I make put a punt on them to do it! :)
  • edited April 2011
    COME ON STOKE !!! PURE FOOTBALL FTW !!!
  • edited April 2011
    just seen this thread,147 years we,ve waited, i conna stop smiling and we beat the dingles 3-0 to secure a 4th premiership term..somebody pinch me
  • edited April 2011
    Actually seeing as I was born in and spent my early years in Newcastle-Under-Lyme I'm not sure if I can be considered a 'Stokie'... I'm a bit more posherer than that ;-p
    However I'd still like to see them do the winnings.
    Sean - you've been waiting 147 years? From your avatar you look younger if I'm honest -
    complements to your dietician & exercisist :-D 

• edited April 2011
    Mr Miyagi use to rave about these Oatcakes all the time!! what is the fascination with them and you people from stoke?? we don't get them down south a lot, isn't it just a pancake?

Cakes and you put bacon in them? Noseybonk you sicko !
  • edited April 2011
    Heard on the radio that Etherington IS doubtful, will make it harder !!

I Remember when i was a lil boy, [lol still am], Leeds bein red hot faourite gainst Sunderland, bout '73 think....but..................

THE RED & WHITE STRIPES OVERCAME THEN AS THEY CAN NOW !!

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: The OATCAKE thread:
    Heard on the radio that Etherington IS doubtful, will make it harder !! I Remember when i was a lil boy, [lol still am], Leeds bein red hot faourite gainst Sunderland, bout '73 think....but.................. THE RED & WHITE STRIPES OVERCAME THEN AS THEY CAN NOW !!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV

Etherington will be a BIG lose for us. Hopefully K.Jones and Pennant are both on their top form on the day and we should at least give the biggest team in Manchester a run for their money! With Huth & Shawcross at the back against their 24 strikers (signed anyway) we should be able to defend well.

Message to any Port Fail fans reading this......

'There is ONLY ONE TEAM in STOKE-ON-TRENT!' lol   :)
  • edited May 2011

juvenile,told you we would destroy your season LMAO,wengers face was priceless
    were the famous stoke city and were goin to wembley...wembley...wembley

• edited May 2011

Re: Goals, Goals, Goals - Win a FREE BET

posted at 12/5/2011 6:43 PM BST on SkyPoker.com
    First: 30/6/2009
    Last: 12/5/2011
    Man City 1-2 Stoke, Jones

Come On Stoke !!

Do it for the likes of Fulham, Bolton, Blackpool & P.Vale lol
  • edited May 2011
    Was a pity you didn't play aswell as you should have. Would have enjoyed seeing Stoke win.
  • edited May 2011
    You Did Yourselves Proud !!!

Stealing One of Al Max's sign off's

BE LOYAL BE PROUD BE STOKE!
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: The OATCAKE thread:
    You Did Yourselves Proud !!! Stealing One of Al Max's sign off's BE LOYAL BE PROUD BE STOKE!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    your my hero dave,luv ya,thx for the support