You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Why had the tournament blinds levels changed??

I was wondering why they have changed could anyone tell? and im also wondering if they're going to stay like that

110.00 / 20.0010215.00 / 30.0010320.00 / 40.0010425.00 / 50.0010530.00 / 60.0010640.00 / 80.0010-5 Minutes Break-750.00 / 100.0010875.00 / 150.00109100.00 / 200.001010125.00 / 250.001011150.00 / 300.001012200.00 / 400.0010

thats the way thay have changed to now i think thats too deep staked because if you played of them you could find youslef sitting there for 2 maybe 3 hours without cashing in some game e.g. £250 guaranteeds i just think they are too deep i liked the way they we're before

But what dose everyone else think about it??

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I personally prefer the slower paced tournies and think it will suit my game more but there should continue to be a mix of slow and faced paced tournies to suit all tastes and bankrolls.
  • edited April 2011
    So glad I just read your post as I am in a tourney at the moment and thought eh up these blinds look weird!! I have found that you can last longer and wait for a decent hand with the new levels but it is now way past my bedtime and so perhaps later nite blinds should be higher. I do agree with what you say about going deep for longer & ending up with nothing.
  • edited April 2011
    Changes r brilliant.

There are millions of speed tournys n other rubbish ones throughout the day, its about time we had some proper NLHE tournys. 

There's only 3 between 3pm and 7pm, thats not overkill. Plz keep the new structure!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Why had the tournament blinds levels changed??:
    Changes r brilliant. There are millions of speed tournys n other rubbish ones throughout the day, its about time we had some proper NLHE tournys.  There's only 3 between 3pm and 7pm, thats not overkill. Plz keep the new structure!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

+1
  • edited April 2011
    These changes are excellent, thank-you Sky.

The low buy-in bounty hunters are now much less of a lottery, until yesterday most players were already in shove/fold mode as soon as the first break finished. These tournies are gonna take longer obviously, but I expect skilled players to find them much more profitable from now.
  • edited April 2011
    I do like the changes mostly becuase i think ill make more money, but i was a game last night that took 3 and half hours to finish! (i came 2nd lol)  and  i love the fact that theres a lot more skill in these tournies now and that will befit good players, but i dont like sitting there 3/4 hours because im not a pro i havent got time to sit around playing poker for all that time
    What i'd like to see is just like a have a spilt half the games keep the old blinds levels and half of them get the new one and that way you could deside weather you want to go into slow blind levels (the new ones) or a decent blind levels (the old ones).
    i dont think alot of people with arrage with me on this but that just my oppinion
  • edited April 2011

i played in a game last night starting at 11:30pm thinking it would last two hours ...i was falling asleep by 2:30am.  the new structure has probably added an hour to the game.  good change though.

next step might be to re-establish the original velocity games (not rebuys) to add to the range of events to choose from.

• edited April 2011
    i played in a game last night starting at 11:30pm thinking it would last two hours ...i was falling asleep by 2:30am.  the new structure has probably added an hour to the game.  good change though. next step might be to re-establish the original velocity games (not rebuys) to add to the range of events to choose from.
    Posted by aussie09
    +1

I am not complaining, 3 top 3 finishes in last 3 nights = +EV but late finishes = tired Solar!!

• edited April 2011
    Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback so far, blind limits were amended this week to offer a more balanced structure throughout the tournaments, inevitably this means tournaments will run longer, but this is a trade-off against a more playable (and we hope more enjoyable) game of poker.

This is work in progress, in fact I've just tweaked the blind limits for Bounty Hunter tournaments, removing a few levels, as the attrition rate is much quicker on these. This meant the average stack to BB ratio was getting a little too high in the middle stages

The regular hold'em events will remain as they are for now.

As always, I'd be interested to see what you all think

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited April 2011
    Hey Adam can we have a standard mtt @ 4pm....

When you altered all the gtd's a few months ago, there was one built in @ 250 gtd. It must have under performed as it was scrapped quite quickly.

Any chance of putting one in with a lower gtd PP?

Maybe 5.50, 100 quid gtd? or 150 gtd? 

Then adjust it accordingly....

Then we have a standard NLHe tourny on the hour @ 3,4,5,6 pm! :)
  • edited April 2011
    I personally love the new blind limits now. You do get alot more play before it turns into a shove fest.

• edited April 2011
    Hey Adam can we have a standard mtt @ 4pm.... When you altered all the gtd's a few months ago, there was one built in @ 250 gtd. It must have under performed as it was scrapped quite quickly. Any chance of putting one in with a lower gtd PP? Maybe 5.50, 100 quid gtd? or 150 gtd?  Then adjust it accordingly.... Then we have a standard NLHe tourny on the hour @ 3,4,5,6 pm! :)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Hi Dohhhh,

Yes i remember cancelling this, I did it for a couple of reasons

1) there used to be a £500 Gtd BH, £11 @ 4pm which ran well for a long time, but had recently missed its guarantee pretty badly 10 days or so in a row so i removed it midweek. I replaced it with a £250 Gtd BH and dropped the buy in to £5.75.

This then clashed with the old £250 Gtd NLHE for £5.50 which also used to run @ 4pm and also had performed poorly for a while.

I didn't feel it made sense to have two similar buyin/guarantee tournaments going off at the same time, they'd probably both contribute to the failure of each other.

So I'll put up a new £150 Gtd NLHE, £5.50 at 4.15pm with the new regular 10 min structure and we'll see how it goes for a week

It'll be there in 15 mins

P.S. Glad you like the new structure guys,

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited April 2011
    Dohhhhhhh you could at least joined it after he put it on for you, way under its gurantee wouldnt surprise me if it was gone again by tomorrow now lol

Shaz
    xxx
  • edited April 2011
    Dohhhhhhh you could at least joined it after he put it on for you, way under its gurantee wouldnt surprise me if it was gone again by tomorrow now lol Shaz xxx
    Posted by shazallin
    Nooooo It got 23 yest, which wasn't too bad....

I think a 100 gtd PP will be about right for it....

I only play every other day, this week hasnt gone according to plan.......

Hopefully it stays even if the PP is reduced.
  • edited April 2011
    It might be taking a look at how the new structure is working in rebuys. Due to the effect of the rebuys and add-ons the stacks are very big after the hour break. I'm playing in a low stakes rebuy tourney at the moment, after over an hour of play the average stack is 88BB, the shortest stack has over 40BB, we're going to be here a long time even though it's an event that attracted only 19 runners. Dropping a few levels in these might be a good idea.
  • edited April 2011
    Well done Adam!!---the new structures are loads better, I could'nt be bothered with half the tournies before the changes, but now I am looking forward to playing a lot more of them---- You've done a great job on them!!
  • edited April 2011
    It might be taking a look at how the new structure is working in rebuys. Due to the effect of the rebuys and add-ons the stacks are very big after the hour break. I'm playing in a low stakes rebuy tourney at the moment, after over an hour of play the average stack is 88BB, the shortest stack has over 40BB, we're going to be here a long time even though it's an event that attracted only 19 runners. Dropping a few levels in these might be a good idea.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    yeah this deffo a problem in re buy games maybe have the old blind levels in the re buy games or just take a couple of levels out.
  • edited May 2011
    Hi,

The new structure is a lot better.

I have just played a 10 seater BH with 10min blinds. I had not played BH for more than 6 months as I found them too fast and too much on the gambling side. No with a slower pace, this is a very interesting game.

Keep on the good work.

Max
  • edited June 2011
    Changes r brilliant. There are millions of speed tournys n other rubbish ones throughout the day, its about time we had some proper NLHE tournys.  There's only 3 between 3pm and 7pm, thats not overkill. Plz keep the new structure!!!!
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Totally agree, with the new blind structure theres much more skill involved, which can only make us improve our game.