You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

how did i play this?

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
seagull1 Small blind  £0.10 £0.10 £29.84
dogcharlie Big blind  £0.20 £0.30 £19.93
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

DN34689 Fold     
GREGHOGG Fold     
xxxxRaise  £0.60 £0.90 £20.66
SHANKS474 Fold     
seagull1 Fold     
dogcharlie Call  £0.40 £1.30 £19.53
Flop

• Q

dogcharlie Check     
xxxx Bet  £1.00 £2.30 £19.66
dogcharlie Raise  £2.00 £4.30 £17.53
xxxx Call  £1.00 £5.30 £18.66
Turn

dogcharlie Bet  £2.65 £7.95 £14.88
xxxxx Call  £2.65 £10.60 £16.01
River

• Q

dogcharlie Bet  £10.60 £21.20 £4.28
xxxxx Call  £10.60 £31.80 £5.41
dogcharlie Show
  • Q
  • K

xxxxx Muck
  • A
  • A

dogcharlie Win Three Queens £30.21  £34.49
opponent said i played it badly thoughts plz. surly his own fault just callin me every street & not raisin?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    any reads?

I flat flop as standard, rest looks ok
  • edited April 2011
    Preflop is ok.

On flop I don't like the minraise, I'd prefer to just flat.

The turn bet looks like a slight stopper to me, so I'd rather check/call it.

River obviously a good bet as you most likely have the near nuts now.

If anythng the opponant played it badly on the flop as should have reraised after you minned it imo and certainly raise the turn instead of letting you have a free card near enough.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: how did i play this?:
    Preflop is ok. On flop I don't like the minraise, I'd prefer to just flat. The turn bet looks like a slight stopper to me, so I'd rather check/call it. River obviously a good bet as you most likely have the near nuts now. If anythng the opponant played it badly on the flop as should have reraised after you minned it imo and certainly raise the turn instead of letting you have a free card near enough.
    Posted by Dudeskin8
    What cards is villain afraid of on turn? Depends on dynamic, but I think a turn raise will turn his hand into a bluff against any half decent player
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: how did i play this? : What cards is villain afraid of on turn? Depends on dynamic, but I think a turn raise will turn his hand into a bluff against any half decent player
    Posted by grantorino
    surly villain shud b reraisin my flop defo & as he didnt surly the turn i just cant understand him flattin every street?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: how did i play this? : surly villain shud b reraisin my flop defo & as he didnt surly the turn i just cant understand him flattin every street?
    Posted by dogcharlie
    What hands do you continue with if villain raises turn? How does the range you continue with do against AA with the nut flush draw?

There is more of an argument for villain raising flop as his draw always means he has some decent equity, but the way hand played out villain raising turn would be bad imo. I think his river call is bad when you full pot river after minraising flop and half potting turn 
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: how did i play this? : What hands do you continue with if villain raises turn? How does the range you continue with do against AA with the nut flush draw? There is more of an argument for villain raising flop as his draw always means he has some decent equity, but the way hand played out villain raising turn would be bad imo. I think his river call is bad when you full pot river after minraising flop and half potting turn 
    Posted by grantorino
    ye fair point it was just a strange 1. he must b puttin me on a q but obvs not after callin my river bet i dunno lol
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: how did i play this? : What cards is villain afraid of on turn? Depends on dynamic, but I think a turn raise will turn his hand into a bluff against any half decent player
    Posted by grantorino
    I was thinking more of getting as much money in as possible, it's mainly how I'd play it at micro limits maybe it's different higher up.
  • edited April 2011
    He can't complain that you rivered him as he played it far too weak from the flop imo.

He had aces plus the nut flush redraw, he needs to be re raising you on the flop.