You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Top set on flushing board 230xbb deep.

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Pretty sick spot this, especially on the flop.

Villain is much improved at 30nl, quite tight and aggressive but can mix it up. Ive seen him get big draws in on the flop 100xbb deep but not much experience playing deepstacked against him.

This isn't a deepstacked table, we've both been pretty much dominating it, and the last thing I really wanna do is get into a massive collision against him when there's so much easy money flying about.

What do you think to my pot control line on the flop???
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
TomAa Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £23.25
xxxBig blind  £0.30 £0.45 £68.42
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

DOHHHHHHH Raise  £1.20 £1.65 £95.78
gillian23 Fold     
TomAa Fold     
xxx Call  £0.90 £2.55 £67.52
Flop

• Q

xxx Check     
DOHHHHHHH Bet  £1.80 £4.35 £93.98
xxxRaise  £5.30 £9.65 £62.22
DOHHHHHHH Call  £3.50 £13.15 £90.48
Turn

• A

xxx Bet  £8.80 £21.95 £53.42
DOHHHHHHH

Comments

• edited April 2011
    As much as I like my hand there I dont want to get into an allin betting scenario on the flop.  I think I take the same line as you.  Call the raise and see what develops on the turn.  Another club may slow him down, letting you see if the river pairs for free, or it may just pair at the turn.  River is tricky, as I'd have been half telling myself he could have simply just popped it holding the Ac, but when it spikes the turn..its tricky as I dont see him taking that line with the Kc on the flop.

• edited April 2011
    After being raised on the flop I'm fairly sure he has a hand to call a big bet so would raise to around £12 and snap off a shove.

If he's raising with a flush draw on flop I'd want to prive him out and hence still make a raise. I just don't like calling, if it was 2 clubs maybe more likely.

When the 4th club comes your hand is pretty much dead unless he's bluffing which I doubt so are you getting value to call for a house and will he pay you off if you hit ?
  • edited April 2011

He could well have flopped a set also.

On the turn I really wouldn't put it past him to turn his set into a bluff. lol.

The turn is all about odds right? which I'm not very good with. But if he has the nuts, he will pay a bet on the river if I get there.

But I could still have the best hand, and he will probably give up on all his bluffs on the river so I just check behind and win.

100xbbish deep Im really happy to get it all in otf ofc.
  • edited April 2011
    You wouldn't be happy getting it all in on this flop with 200 bbs !?
  • edited April 2011
    Well at least you know he had the Kc4c now :p
  • edited April 2011
    I prob 3bet flop, hes more likely to have a set than a flush when he flats pre oop here, but I dont mind the flat

Turn is a really ugly card, when he bets he nearly always has a decent flush imo. If he is good Im not sure you have enough implied odds to call, if board pairs I dont know if you get paid enough