You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Rivered straight facing 3bet shove

ybyb
edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
No solid reads but villain seems pretty bad, doesn't fold much preflop, I 3betted him pre earlier a few times in position and he didn't fold once. Think he's fairly aggressive, but is this still a clear raise/fold spot, or do you call it off?
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
RUNITSRANN Small blind   £0.50 £0.50 £127.10
dannyhac21 Big blind   £1.00 £1.50 £78.41
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • K

Kefter Call   £1.00 £2.50 £134.36
villain Call   £1.00 £3.50 £120.83
CoxyLboro Raise   £3.00 £6.50 £116.20
yb Call   £3.00 £9.50 £142.22
RUNITSRANN Fold        
dannyhac21 Call   £2.00 £11.50 £76.41
Kefter Call   £2.00 £13.50 £132.36
villain Call   £2.00 £15.50 £118.83
Flop

• J

dannyhac21 Check        
Kefter Check        
villain Check        
CoxyLboro Check        
yb Check        
Turn

dannyhac21 Check        
Kefter Check        
villain Check        
CoxyLboro Check        
yb Bet   £11.00 £26.50 £131.22
dannyhac21 Fold        
Kefter Fold        
villain Call   £11.00 £37.50 £107.83
CoxyLboro Fold        
River

villain Bet   £6.00 £43.50 £101.83
yb Raise   £32.00 £75.50 £99.22
villain All-in   £101.83 £177.33 £0.00

Comments

• edited April 2011
    its a fufuffufufufufufufufufufuufufufufufu fold imo
  • edited April 2011

any A any heart ur behind here, has he the fool end of the str8. £68 to win £177 over 2 1/2 to call and you say he seems a station and over aggressive....... a crying call i think!

• edited April 2011
    depending on how CO plays I might 3bet this pre, especially if you are likely to isolate villain

horrible spot on river, maybe fold but I think this has to be pretty close
  • edited April 2011
    i think if you 3 bet this pre its to steal from c/o iso raise, i think the hands to good for that and it folds out the limper a lot what do you think?
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011
    I was thinking of 3betting pre but the CO is good (should have included that in the OP), he isn't going to call a 3bet light oop and  is defo capable of 4betting light. Also I doubt the villain is bad enough to limp/call a 3bet so I thought it was best to call to keep in a larger range that I'm dominating and value town Q high flops when the villain has Qx etc.

If it was the villain who had raised pre I'd have defo 3bet fwiw.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Rivered straight facing 3bet shove:
    i think if you 3 bet this pre its to steal from c/o iso raise, i think the hands to good for that and it folds out the limper a lot what do you think?
    Posted by N1CK
    I think you make a very good argument and are probably correct.

Im just not that delighted about playing the hand at least 4 way, which we are going to nearly all the time against CO small raise, and thought we often get folds from CO and sometimes calls from weak hands from limpers. If the 3bet folds out all villains range and only weaker part of COs range its prob bad, esp if CO 4bet bluffs sometimes.

On balnce you are prob right though, we are kinda turning a hand that is good often into a bluff
  • edited April 2011
    when i first looked at this hand my first impression was yeah this is a fold then i think well villain is bad would we play a fd like this? would he not expect us to play a fd like this so does he think a queen is the nuts but it was 4 handed so better chance some1 could have two hearts, what does he expect me to call the donk shove with? level level level level.......f-it i fold
  • edited April 2011
    Funny this, I remember the hand and put you on Qx and villain KQ/flush. Its so close on river to a call I just haven't played enough with villain yet to know.

FWIW, you should be 3betting KQo and flatting KQs IP vs my open, however this particular time you would have been 4bet ;) 
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Rivered straight facing 3bet shove:
    Funny this, I remember the hand and put you on Qx and villain KQ/flush. Its so close on river to a call I just haven't played enough with villain yet to know. FWIW, you should be 3betting KQo and flatting KQs IP vs my open, however this particular time you would have been 4bet ;) 
    Posted by CoxyLboro
    lol at the respect your raises get :)
  • edited April 2011
    3bet pre raise fold river. simples.