You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Julian Thew Signs for Sky Poker

2»

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Welcome aboard.

Brilliant to have you as part of Sky Poker.

I will be starting a thread for you in General Poker Chat Julian.  I look forward to your contributions ....  Hint Hint ;o)
  • edited April 2011
    welcome julian you,ve got a great rep so ill have to sit and watch you at the tables to try and pick tips up you wont even no im there,this is great sp well done
  • edited April 2011
    Very cool addition to the Sky Poker team!
  • edited April 2011
    Very good news imo.

Welcome
  • edited April 2011
    It was a pleasure to share the same table at Luton with you once

Best of luck Juilian, another fantastic move by Sky Poker!

Welcome and enjoy the fun here!!!

• edited April 2011
    Call me a stick in the mud if you like but at the end of the day what benefit is it going to give to me that he is being paid (by us) to play on the site, its hard enough to make a profit as it is with out part of my entry fees going to fund his poker.

I would rather sky reduce the rake fees or buy in fees !

PUCPOUND
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Julian Thew Signs for Sky Poker:
    Call me a stick in the mud if you like but at the end of the day what benefit is it going to give to me that he is being paid (by us) to play on the site, its hard enough to make a profit as it is with out part of my entry fees going to fund his poker. I would rather sky reduce the rake fees or buy in fees ! PUCPOUND
    Posted by PUCPOUND

Money is already used to help players under the sky poker umbrella. It makes great commercial sense for Sky to now be sponsoring already proven pro players who will help to promote Sky Poker to the masses.

• edited April 2011
    Call me a stick in the mud if you like but at the end of the day what benefit is it going to give to me that he is being paid (by us) to play on the site, its hard enough to make a profit as it is with out part of my entry fees going to fund his poker. I would rather sky reduce the rake fees or buy in fees ! PUCPOUND
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    Stick in the mud!
  • edited April 2011
    Welcome Julian....great signing sky!
  • edited April 2011
     But as monty python once said " what have the romans ever done for us ! "
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    as maxally says, and ill second, they built haidrians wall.
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    Well actually they did quite alot....I'll add the obvious like baths with running water and the original motorways and wait for the more educated members of the community to contribute.......
  • edited April 2011

......they invented numerals and candles! :)
  • edited April 2011
    Posted by PUCPOUND
    Have I missed something here? has the rake gone up to 20%? We are paying just as much rake to Sky as we were before, once its been raked its Sky's money to do what they want. They give some of it back to the players direct, use some for freerolls, a lot on SPT's, pay their staff's wages and obviously they have some left over (which can only be a good thing) and they have decided to invest in a well known and respected brittish player to get the sites name out to a wider audience.

More players on the site = bigger tournament prizes + more value on cash tables which = Happy smile :-)
  • edited April 2011
    They also invented noses.
  • edited April 2011
    Absolute super signing IMO!.............

A very warm welcome to Sky Poker Julian.
  • edited April 2011
    Well I wait to see the financial rewards flying my way in the future !
  • edited April 2011
    hello everyone,
    i was pretty thrilled when we shook hands on this a few weeks back...i'm looking forward to grinding more tournaments on here as well as donating in the cash games a couple of mornings a week.
    hope to meet some of you at the next SPT stop in leeds & i'm really excited about helping out with the whole WSOP exprerience for those who manage to bag a seat...
    i'm stranded in dublin with limited internet access for another week but i should get a blog up & running on here pretty soon.
    many thanks for all the kind words & cu at the tables,
    julian
  • edited April 2011
    hello everyone, i was pretty thrilled when we shook hands on this a few weeks back...i'm looking forward to grinding more tournaments on here as well as donating in the cash games a couple of mornings a week. hope to meet some of you at the next SPT stop in leeds & i'm really excited about helping out with the whole WSOP exprerience for those who manage to bag a seat... i'm stranded in dublin with limited internet access for another week but i should get a blog up & running on here pretty soon. many thanks for all the kind words & cu at the tables, julian
    Posted by yoyo

Nice One !!

Have another Guinness to calm the exitement, and i'll have one waitin for ya in Al's Bar when ur back!!

ps. I am the 'Eye-Candy' behind the Bar, not Maxally despite wot he thinks!!!

pps. actually u can get me one too, for knocking me out of the Luton Fri nite pre SPT, 6th, jus when i thought me luck was runnin!!

ppps !! GOOD LUCK IN THE IRISH OPEN,TAKE IT DOWN FOR SKY !!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Julian Thew Signs for Sky Poker : as maxally says, and ill second, they built haidrians wall.
    Posted by The_Don90
    Yeah kept all those horrible English out of Scotland ;-).
  • edited April 2011

Welcome Julian Great signing by Sky Poker