You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

forget the outcome, was this played right!

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
very first hand on the table, so ob no reads. was it right to raise with aj in that situation and was shov_4JACKSSmall blind £0.15£0.15£61.02allybungleBig blind £0.30£0.45£10.02pod1Big blind £0.30£0.75£29.70 Your hole cardsJA   pod1Raise £0.60£1.35£29.10weaktightFold    LochinawCall £0.90£2.25£28.35nylibur29Call £0.90£3.15£10.24_4JACKSFold    allybungleCall £0.60£3.75£9.42Flop  73A   allybungleCheck    pod1Bet £1.88£5.63£27.22LochinawCall £1.88£7.51£26.47nylibur29Fold    allybungleCall £1.88£9.39£7.54Turn  J   allybungleCheck    pod1Bet £4.70£14.09£22.52LochinawRaise £9.40£23.49£17.07allybungleFold    pod1All-in £22.52£46.01£0.00LochinawAll-in £17.07£63.08£0.00pod1Unmatched bet £0.75£62.33£0.75pod1ShowJA   LochinawShowAK   River  K   LochinawWinTwo Pairs, Aces and Kings£60.53 £60.53e after reraise the right call!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Look's fine to me.Could have a set with his re-raise but you have top 2 no flush draws no real str8 draws.Just unlucky.
  • edited April 2011
    just trying to work on my pre and post flop play and ob bet sizing. outcome irrelivant here really

• edited April 2011
    Got to be honest for me a fold is prefferable to the 3 bet.  The two callers arent too much of a concern but your drawing slimly gainst the openers range.  The 3 bet only inflates the pot OOP against a hand you could easily be dominating or flipping against.

Your hand likely plays stronger post 4 way than forcing the issue pre IMO.  Regardless of result as you say, ignore the fact that the J spikes the turn, you were always a dog, so 3 betting pre looses you the opportunity to flop big or get away cheap bud.
  • edited April 2011
    tnx aymbr, felt wrong from the start to be fair

• edited April 2011
    Sorry I should have said, awful spot awful river.  I imagine you lose minimum otherwise
  • edited April 2011
    it was indeed, but got it back and then some so all good
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: forget the outcome, was this played right!:
    Got to be honest for me a fold is prefferable to the 3 bet.  The two callers arent too much of a concern but your drawing slimly gainst the openers range.  The 3 bet only inflates the pot OOP against a hand you could easily be dominating or flipping against. Your hand likely plays stronger post 4 way than forcing the issue pre IMO.  Regardless of result as you say, ignore the fact that the J spikes the turn, you were always a dog, so 3 betting pre looses you the opportunity to flop big or get away cheap bud.
    Posted by AMYBR
    Pod was the opener so who are you on about when you say openers range?
    What 3-bet are you talking about here? Pod opened, he didn't 3 bet anybody.

- Pod .. standard shove imo, possible slow played set but top two, have to get it in. 
  • edited April 2011
    Dare i say it Ambyr is spot on imo.

The only thing i well comment on tho, that Bet size on the turn, its miles better than ive seen of other hands youve posted recently mate.
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011
    your sizing on the flop and turn still isn't great, I'd shove the turn as well
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: forget the outcome, was this played right! : Pod was the opener so who are you on about when you say openers range? What 3-bet are you talking about here? Pod opened, he didn't 3 bet anybody. - Pod .. standard shove imo, possible slow played set but top two, have to get it in. 
    Posted by percival09

Your right i mis read the hand, thought Pod was in the BB opting to 4 bet.  Saw pod BB and didnt look closer.  Dont have to be so aggro tho bud.

Did you post in tis hand Pod?
  • edited April 2011
    tnx don, had him on an good ace after flop, so it was a bet to induce a raise. worked to a point lol
  • edited April 2011
    can i ask yb, what would you bet on flop and turn?
  • edited April 2011
    [QUOTE]Dare i say it Ambyr is spot on imo. The only thing i well comment on tho, that Bet size on the turn, its miles better than ive seen of other hands youve posted recently mate.
    Posted by The_Don90

Lol I'm not sure how to take this :p
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011
    can i ask yb, what would you bet on flop and turn?
    Posted by pod1
    ~ 2/3 pot on each street to set up a comfortable river shove for < psb
  • edited April 2011
    still to small then!!
  • edited April 2011

Pod made the betting until the turn re-raise everyone just called till then. 4 different suites no flush no up and down str8 draws and he has top 2.Only things left are gutterball str8,set,2 pair and big ace over played.

• edited April 2011
    pre is fine imo

bet flop bigger

definitely bet turn bigger, trying to induce isnt a good idea readless imo, people call more than they raise and we are looking to build the pot. Getting it in is obv fine
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: forget the outcome, was this played right! : [QUOTE ]Dare i say it Ambyr is spot on imo . The only thing i well comment on tho, that Bet size on the turn, its miles better than ive seen of other hands youve posted recently mate. Posted by The_Don90
    Lol I'm not sure how to take this :p
    Posted by AMYBR

umm i made the same misread.

but recently ive not agreed with anyone in the clinic
  • edited April 2011
    I think different views are always going to be a good thing.  No two top pros play the same way, they all do things differently.

I get kind of annoyed when people dogmatically state their approach is best off the back of one hand with no real time info