You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

wilkins f.t.w.

i know sky have lined up gary neville to replace andy gray next season but the last two games i,ve watched ray wilkins has done and hes been exellent just says it as it is honest and straight to the point.
just love hearing him describing what a "lucky young chap hes been"

Quality keep ray on sky hes a gem!

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Yeah was disappointed to say the least when they signed Gary Neville, don't think anyone outside of Man U fans likes him so whats the point in that? Be better with fronting Paul Merson, he also says it like it is, you get a laugh with him and him and Jamie would be a good combo; but what do I know!?!
  • edited April 2011
    Would love them to keep Ray on too. He's always come across well on the tv and certainly knows what he's talking about.

• edited April 2011
    Got a funny story to add too....................

An old boss of mine when I worked at a college was a spitting image of Ray Wilkins.

We got an invite to take part in a five a side football tournament one year. Of course our boss wants to be the manager/coach.

We turn upto the tournament and he's taking it that serious we're the first ones to arrive. Anyway, he has all of our team out doing warm up routines as the other teams arrive.

The look on their faces as they all stood around thinking it was actually Ray Wilkins was brilliant.

We went onto win the tournament too which was a bonus, especially for our boss who made a tidy profit from a few bets he made with the other managers.

• edited April 2011

Yeh I can't think of anyone who loves football more than Ray Wilkins!!!!

And that comes across well in his commentary.

I like Alan Mcinally too, and Chris Coleman is ok. I don't like Kevin Phillips/Allerdyce, they r deffo no-no's!

I'd like to see Kammy back on the football league games, just for entertainment value.

Give Phil Thompson a go on the commentary too, might be terrible, but might turn out to be brilliant.
  • edited April 2011
    Agree with you about alledyce find him really boring
  • edited April 2011
    Ray Wilkins would make a great full time pundit. His football knowledge is second to none
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: wilkins f.t.w.:
    Yeh I can't think of anyone who loves football more than Ray Wilkins!!!! And that comes across well in his commentary. I like Alan Mcinally too, and Chris Coleman is ok. I don't like Kevin Phillips/Allerdyce, they r deffo no-no's! I'd like to see Kammy back on the football league games, just for entertainment value. Give Phil Thompson a go on the commentary too, might be terrible, but might turn out to be brilliant.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Agreed with most of this, anyone of them is much better than what they have just now in the most-boring-man-in-the-world-Alan-Smith! Also some of the Spanish co-commentators are fine too; Terry Gibson and Gerry Armstrong would be ok in my book too.
  • edited April 2011
    Ray Wilkins is a top guy and definitely knows his stuff.