You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

This hand has kept me awake.

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Would really appreciate your input on this hand.  I have real mixed feeling on it.

Playing Live £50 FO, around 40 runners.  Its quite early in the game 2nd level, 50/100 (10K starting stack 25min blinds).  I raise from the cut off with JhJD 325.  SB calls, BB calls without ever looking at his hand

975 in pot going to flop avg stack is around 11k

Flop comes 4c5c7h

SB checks.  BB has been quite spewy, quit active never really seems to think much.

He leads right out for 650.  I put him on two clubs or a six in his hand.  I call with a plan for the turn, as I dont think he folds the flush draw to a big raise on the flop.  I'm hoping the turn bricks so I can re raise all in at the turn, or lead strong.  SB folds behind.

2275 going to the turn.  We both have about 10k back  4c5c7h 10d.

10d is effectively a brick IMO.  If he has 68/36 I'm as behind as I was on the flop.  I felt he'd lead out again and he does.  He makes it 1400 to go.  I'm pretty sure he still has a draw, seems like now is the right time to pull the trigger.  He may have committed his stack on the flop, but I dont see how he can do it at the turn.  I cant reraise fold and I dont want to see another card come off So I move all in.  Guy insta calls with

Qc6c.  Makes his flush on the river.

I was really annoyed at this hand.  I felt like I knew where I was the whole time, playing it as well as I could.  I gave the guy a ridiculous price at the turn once I'd got him to put in as much as I thought he was going to.  Obviously river bricks its happy days for me, early double up.

I really felt like I'd played this near perfectly.  Do any of you guys take the flat turn, fold if the river hits one of the known danger cards?  I hate this line normally but its really frustrated me today

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to This hand has kept me awake.:
    Would really appreciate your input on this hand.  I have real mixed feeling on it. Playing Live £50 FO, around 40 runners.  Its quite early in the game 2nd level, 50/100 (10K starting stack 25min blinds).  I raise from the cut off with JhJD 325.  SB calls, BB calls without ever looking at his hand   975 in pot going to flop avg stack is around 11k Flop comes 4c5c7h SB checks.  BB has been quite spewy, quit active never really seems to think much. He leads right out for 650.  I put him on two clubs or a six in his hand.  I call with a plan for the turn, as I dont think he folds the flush draw to a big raise on the flop.  I'm hoping the turn bricks so I can re raise all in at the turn, or lead strong.  SB folds behind. 2275 going to the turn.  We both have about 10k back  4c5c7h 10d . 10d is effectively a brick IMO.  If he has 68/36 I'm as behind as I was on the flop.  I felt he'd lead out again and he does.  He makes it 1400 to go.  I'm pretty sure he still has a draw, seems like now is the right time to pull the trigger.  He may have committed his stack on the flop, but I dont see how he can do it at the turn.  I cant reraise fold and I dont want to see another card come off So I move all in.  Guy insta calls with Qc6c .  Makes his flush on the river. I was really annoyed at this hand.  I felt like I knew where I was the whole time, playing it as well as I could.  I gave the guy a ridiculous price at the turn once I'd got him to put in as much as I thought he was going to.  Obviously river bricks its happy days for me, early double up. I really felt like I'd played this near perfectly.  Do any of you guys take the flat turn, fold if the river hits one of the known danger cards?   I hate this line normally but its really frustrated me today
    Posted by AMYBR
    So much in the pot that if I think I'm ahead I'm shoving it in.  He did have a pretty big combo draw so you weren't just fading the clubs.  Not advocating his line though, these are the people you want in the pot.

Happy with the shove, happy with his call, river says it's not my night.
  • edited April 2011
    Your really happy with the call?  guys got about 35% at the turn and calls off 220% of pot.
  • edited April 2011
    I mean I'm happy to see his call if I was in your spot.
  • edited April 2011
    Ahh i see.  This is exactly what I'm trying to rationalise. 

(Rorschach is awesome btw)
  • edited April 2011
    Although you got ur money in ahead and made the right read ect, another way of looking at it may be that presuming you have an edge over your opponents, why not wait for better spots than risking ur tournment life early on
  • edited April 2011
    am a 2/3 favourite at the turn there bud.  But line you suggest did occur to me at the time.  I think thats why I'm so annoyed.  I dont build the pot on the flop because he probably is just some douche that cant play.  But the turn is a different matter completely.

But the turn is a pretty sweet spot bud.  The guy has no hand + your asking a huge price.  There arent many good players that will call there.

EDIT:  Sorry probably closer to 3/5 fav.  But its still pretty gross.
  • edited April 2011
    hand is well played imo, you got it in good you got beat ul, thats poker. Dont wait for a better spot, getting it in as a 2/1 favourite is pretty good

Just a bad beat, move on , inflict one on someone else

BTW why are you putting him exclusively on a draw? If thats your read hand is played perfectly, but why so sure he never has anything else
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: This hand has kept me awake.:
    hand is well played imo, you got it in good you got beat ul, thats poker. Dont wait for a better spot, getting it in as a 2/1 favourite is pretty good Just a bad beat, move on , inflict one on someone else BTW why are you putting him exclusively on a draw? If thats your read hand is played perfectly, but why so sure he never has anything else
    Posted by grantorino

Lol, like this.

I dont know quite how to answer your question bud.  I am a math player in the main, but If I have a strong instinct in a hand I've found that you should always follow it.  It was in part the bet size, his cavalier attitude and disregard for my pre flop opening bet.  I'm very tight aggressive tournament wise, he knows this so I think he may opt to check call with 1pr and over.  But in all honesty I think that if I hold J's this is the kind of flop I expect to get felted on :p  I went with the gut feelin - keeping the pot under my control, figuring the turn was the right spot to end the hand. 

I do like how I played it, just a dissappointing result.  Am playing 2/4 PLOH this evening so hope I can do some damage there :p