You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Your feedback please - Bounty Hunter Tournament

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat

Hi everyone, we've been listening to everyone's feedback and ideas on tournament structures and formats and have made some changes on the back of this, which hopefully you'll love.

Anyway, this brings us onto another interesting area of debate - the structure for Bounty Hunters. So lets take tonights 8pm tournament as an example. Lets say we got 600 runners, the total prize pool would be £18,000.

And so £9,000 goes into the cash prize pool and £9,000 goes into the bounties (each person starts with £15 on their head) so a 50:50 split.

Then, if you KO someone, you get 75% of that £15 which is £11.25 and 25% (£3.75) goes on your head, making it £18.75...    ... and so on.

So here's the question for you to debate - is 50% / 50% right for the prize / bounty split and is 75% / 25% right for the what you 'pocket' vs what's added to your head?

We could change this very easily.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Just make every K.O be worth a fiver, and put the majority of the money in the proper PP.

Also pay less places so a min cash is worth at least 150% of the buy in before bounty prizes are added.
  • edited April 2011
     Less money on heads and more on the prize pool in my eyes. Also its a quite a quick structure in my eyes, though this probably suits the format :) But defo more in the prize pool! Maybe 75% 25%.
  • edited April 2011
    Agree with doh that sometimes the min cashes aren't enough and more money should be pumped into higher places
  • edited April 2011

My suggestion would to be:

If you knock a player out, you keep 100% of the head prize (Bounty), because as it stands the 25% which is added to your own head offers very little value in any case, especially in the smaller bounty hunters.

My only other change would be to pay less places, Lets say 30 Max in the 8pm main event and 20 Max in the smaller entry bounty hunters.

Not sure what I would do regarding the 50/50 split of the prize pool, but at the end of the day it's a bounty hunter and the main aim is to knock players out and pick up bounty's, so maybe the prize pool should be split 60% Head Prizes & 40% prize pool. (Although not to everyone's taste I expect) but we are open to debate.

God Luck to all the suggestions.

Ps. Obviously if it only had a 40% prize pool, it would have to pay less places for it to have any value

• edited April 2011
    Keep it as it is IMO.

The unique structure of the Bounty Hunters on Sky is the best out there and brings a fascinating dynamic to the game. I've played in bounty tourneys on all the major sites, none of them are as good as Sky's. The consistant high turnouts for bounty tournaments speaks for itself, they always attract bigger fields than comparable freezeouts and re-buys. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
  • edited April 2011
    keep it as it is. ...prob look at the structure but I like the 50/50 prizepool split and the 75/25.  this creates tonnes of action near the end.
  • edited April 2011
    i think they are fine the way they are so i would not make any changes
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Your feedback please - Bounty Hunter Tournament:
    Hi everyone, we've been listening to everyone's feedback and ideas on tournament structures and formats and have made some changes on the back of this, which hopefully you'll love. Anyway, this brings us onto another interesting area of debate - the structure for Bounty Hunters. So lets take tonights 8pm tournament as an example. Lets say we got 600 runners, the total prize pool would be £18,000. And so £9,000 goes into the cash prize pool and £9,000 goes into the bounties (each person starts with £15 on their head) so a 50:50 split. Then, if you KO someone, you get 75% of that £15 which is £11.25 and 25% (£3.75) goes on your head, making it £18.75...    ... and so on. So here's the question for you to debate - is 50% / 50% right for the prize / bounty split and is 75% / 25% right for the what you 'pocket' vs what's added to your head? We could change this very easily.
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    whats the point of changing the format?

bounty hunters are what they are and the structure is perfect for bh so leave lt as it is?
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011
    keep the bounty hunter structure as it is imo, pay down to less players for all tourny types though please.
  • edited April 2011
    The Bounty payment is perfect as it is; ditto with the split of 50% Prize pool and 50% Bounties
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Your feedback please - Bounty Hunter Tournament:
    Just make every K.O be worth a fiver, and put the majority of the money in the proper PP. Also pay less places so a min cash is worth at least 150% of the buy in before bounty prizes are added.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

THIS
  • edited April 2011

I would prefer to see it kept as it is.

• edited April 2011
    i think 60% cash and 40% head prizes, but keep the 75%/ 25% on your head. just for a little extra then getting your money back for a min cash.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Your feedback please - Bounty Hunter Tournament:
    keep it as it is. ...prob look at the structure but I like the 50/50 prizepool split and the 75/25.  this creates tonnes of action near the end.
    Posted by scotty77
    +1 to this. I like it how it is, just the Thurs 8pm BH structure is a little too quick imo.
  • edited April 2011
    I think the current structure is good for lower buy ins, but maybe a slight change for the £20+ by ins to have a bit less as bounty.  I think the 75/25 split is correct for bounties.

One thing that could be changed is that the winner should not get the bounty of the Runner up, its like a double whammy - lose the heads up and the bounty.  Therefore I propose that the R/U should keep their bounty.  This could even apply to FT, see what anyone else thinks.

• edited April 2011
    One thing that could be changed is that the winner should not get the bounty of the Runner up, its like a double whammy - lose the heads up and the bounty.  Therefore I propose that the R/U should keep their bounty.  This could even apply to FT, see what anyone else thinks.

nahhhhhhhh keep it as is.  even more incentive to go for the win!!!!
  • edited April 2011

king qwenn 0364026455

• edited April 2011
    Yeah don't know what I was thinking!  I never lose heads up.
  • edited April 2011
    I just came 2nd in the 15k BH and still think that the tournie is fine ty ty leave it as is!