You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Small Pairs Late in Tourneys

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Hi All , Just a quick post  , i had 77  $1 tourney on stars around 15 people left out of around a few thousand $20 for 15th and like $600 odd's for 1st , middle position, high Blinds ovb, guy in the c/o 3x's. So a re-raise all in for around 550k (he's on around 350-400) he snaps me with kk, i go out in in 15th. Am i ever foldin a strong hand so late in the tournament ? i expected him to fold lol, thinking he was putting pressure on with marginal hands to steal blinds , as i expect a lot of people do. I'm not sure, most of the time i was ahead, but this time i was crushed. I asked one of my friends and he says the 7's were auto folded to the raise but he plays a lot looser than me lol and i think hes just a knob lmao

Comments

• edited April 2011
    how many big blinds have you?

If villains been any way active this is standard imo, especially with that kind of payout structure -(assuming you have around 10-20 BB)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Small Pairs Late in Tourneys:
    how many big blinds have you? If villains been any way active this is standard imo, especially with that kind of payout structure -(assuming you have around 10-20 BB)
    Posted by grantorino
    yeah i had around 25 bb's  had him covered (just)
  • edited April 2011
    I guess in that position i would have called the 3bet and then look for what appears on the flop. Even if you fold after the flop with 20bb's you can still allow to find a very good hand to then shove on. What you have to think at that point is 'would i do this earlier on in the tournament in this position' which i highly doubt you would shove to a 3bet with 77.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Small Pairs Late in Tourneys:
    I guess in that position i would have called the 3bet and then look for what appears on the flop. Even if you fold after the flop with 20bb's you can still allow to find a very good hand to then shove on. What you have to think at that point is 'would i do this earlier on in the tournament in this position' which i highly doubt you would shove to a 3bet with 77.
    Posted by TjBet
    yeah auto fold in early stage , my thinking is that hes more likley to bluff shove to pick up the blinds with more than kk lol , will my pocket pair lose value over time if a i fole them all the time ? or like u say , throw them in the muck and wait for a better time to shove , i think i fold in that spot next time  tyvm 4 advice peeps ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Just me but i fold all small pairs in early position late in tourneys.  Dont exactly call 7's small tho 10 of 10 top ten hands