You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Missed serious value I think?

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Playing £1/2 Live last night 11 handed.

Real crazy game.  Insane guys with too much money opening for 80BB weak and getting called in two spots cold weak over and over.

I think I played maybe 8 hands all night and finished off at around 900% profit. So like I say really soft game if your patient and pick your spots.  You cant raise with a drawy hand unless your wiling to call off a BIG 3 bet so best to just sit have a beer and let the action come to you.

One of the biggest fish 12 BB openers makes it  £8 to go utg, but it means nothing as he has opened most pots.

Pretty tight button calls, but he has opened up his range as the standard is pretty bad.  I find AhJh in the BB.  Never 3 betting against crazy guy unless I want to commit my 3/4 of my stack (I had him covered) but he was 2nd biggest stack.  I call

£25 in the pot  flop comes 5h6h10c

I check as I'm not sure what buttons intentions are.  Plus am happier to check call 3 way or re raise crazy utg raiser, as HE WILL BET.  He opens for £15, button quickly calls.  I really really want to raise, but have played VERY similar hands to this lately and being missing alot.  Plus if UTG is posturing with air aa i suspect he goes away, or jams, forcing me to 3/4 of my pretty huge stack at £1/2.  Think I had around 850, UTG opener maybe 600 button roughly the same.  Like I said these guys were crazy, just looking for excuses to put their chips in.

£70 to the turn 5h6h10Js

I know I'm crushing UTG crazy guy, but I'm not too sure about button, as hevent played with him too much.  I check, not really with too much of a plan in mind tbh.  Definately not folding, but want the the last option here.  Crazy guy bets £110, button tightish guy doesnt love his hand, that much I can tell, but he calls.  I'm a little bit confused.  Crazy guy is trying to buy it, watched him do it all night, but button has me mistified.

If crazy guy has any draw he will not fold, even 2nd pair he probably wont.  I decide I just need t put it out there so make it £300.  Both insta muck, utter garbage no draw no pair hands. 

Crazy guy says if I call turn, check river he auto jams, and I believe he would have.  I'm not a big fane of letting one peel off three handed but raising here seems pretty dumb now.

Call or raise turn? (my main reason for raising was that if button guy did have a big pair I dont likely fold to a value bet on the river, plus I have the redraw to nut flush.  In a lot of ways it seemed like ending the pot there was right but...........)