You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

R U realy that serious Mod_Kiwini.

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
OMG steve how sky is changing,

You deleted my post this morning on the grounds that it had no place on a poker forum.

I fundermentaly disagree with you on this, It was meant to put me in a good frame of mind before I started to play cash, very important to be in a good frame of mind when playing poker. The alternative is normally tilt.

More importantly than this it was intended to put others on Sky in a good frame of mind as well.

I have loved sky for nearly two years and much of this is because of the community spirit that exists here, I consider this a strong point of the site.

If you are going to take away the ability for some of us to have a little joke and amusement between ourselves here, you will be changing Sky forever.

As I look around the forum I see doom and gloom in some of the posts from people I would never have thort would be this way.

My post, Bonneville's thort for the day, had no swareing, can not seriously be offensive in any way, is a very old joke and in my expirience makes women and men laugh out loud together.

So Steve can you put my post back, I think it does belong on here, do you not want your players to be friends and light hearted together which is what this community has always stood for. This community is suposed to belong to us and as such we should be able to say what we like shurely as long as there is no offence intended.

Poker is for adults and my joke would be ok even for children.

If you can not decide on this, I request that you ask TK to make the desision.

If TK says keep it off that's ok by me.

TY Bonny

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to R U realy that serious Mod_Kiwini.:
    OMG steve how sky is changing, You deleted my post this morning on the grounds that it had no place on a poker forum. I fundermentaly disagree with you on this, It was meant to put me in a good frame of mind before I started to play cash, very important to be in a good frame of mind when playing poker. The alternative is normally tilt. More importantly than this it was intended to put others on Sky in a good frame of mind as well. I have loved sky for nearly two years and much of this is because of the community spirit that exists here, I consider this a strong point of the site. If you are going to take away the ability for some of us to have a little joke and amusement between ourselves here, you will be changing Sky forever. As I look around the forum I see doom and gloom in some of the posts from people I would never have thort would be this way. My post, Bonneville's thort for the day, had no swareing, can not seriously be offensive in any way, is a very old joke and in my expirience makes women and men laugh out loud together. So Steve can you put my post back, I think it does belong on here, do you not want your players to be friends and light hearted together which is what this community has always stood for. This community is suposed to belong to us and as such we should be able to say what we like shurely as long as there is no offence intended. Poker is for adults and my joke would be ok even for children. If you can not decide on this, I request that you ask TK to make the desision. If TK says keep it off that's ok by me. TY Bonny
    Posted by bonneville
    Hi mate I ain't no frump and enjoy a good joke along with the rest of them as anyone will tell you. But the reason given by Steve is in my opinion totally justified for what it's worth.

• edited April 2011
    It wasn't a JOKE was it? 

OMG you should be ashamed. 

• edited April 2011

Hi Bonny

Please don't take this personally, it's certainly not meant to be. The Mods are not here to get personal, just to make the community more enjoyable for everyone. They do a great job.

Of course we want people to have fun and a laugh on the community (which is why we let Tikay on!) but we have to draw the line somewhere. I dont believe your post was offensive just not right for a poker community. I hope you understand.

Thanks and have a good weekend!

Sky Poker Team
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: R U realy that serious Mod_Kiwini.:
    Hi Bonny Please don't take this personally, it's certainly not meant to be. The Mods are not here to get personal, just to make the community more enjoyable for everyone. They do a great job. Of course we want people to have fun and a laugh on the community (which is why we let Tikay on!) but we have to draw the line somewhere. I dont believe your post was offensive just not right for a poker community. I hope you understand. Thanks and have a good weekend! Sky Poker Team
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    OK I'm very sorry I did not realise that people would not see that it was just a joke, I am very worried now that I may have offended some, it seems I am as I get older not in touch.

Please accept my sincere apologies
  • edited April 2011
    It wasn't a JOKE was it?  OMG you should be ashamed. 
    Posted by elsadog
    Im sorry elsa, but it was just a light hearted off the cuff. I am intrigued though as to why you think this was not a joke.
  • edited April 2011
    fwiw that joke made me smile

shoulda stayed imo. but it wasnt poker related so perhaps it shoulda been moved to the shed, not deleted.
  • edited April 2011
    fwiw that joke made me smile shoulda stayed imo. but it wasnt poker related so perhaps it shoulda been moved to the shed, not deleted.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Cheers Greg I am thinking I dont understand this modern world anymore, I must have a serious think about tomorrows thort for the day,
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: R U realy that serious Mod_Kiwini. : Im sorry elsa, but it was just a light hearted off the cuff. I am intrigued though as to why you think this was not a joke.
    Posted by bonneville

I wouldn't waste time thinking about it - just move on. The idiosyncrasy's of the forum management/moderators are more bewildering every week. 

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: R U realy that serious Mod_Kiwini. : I wouldn't waste time thinking about it - just move on. The idiosyncrasy's of the forum management/moderators are more bewildering every week. 
    Posted by elsadog
    OK elsa i've bin absent for a bit so need to catch up, cheers
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to R U realy that serious Mod_Kiwini. : Hi mate I ain't no frump and enjoy a good joke along with the rest of them as anyone will tell you. But the reason given by Steve is in my opinion totally justified for what it's worth.
    Posted by scouse_red
    OK nice 2 meet u not bin about for a while but lookin forward to gettin 2 know u a bit.
  • edited April 2011
    see, I wanna know what it said now!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: R U realy that serious Mod_Kiwini. : OK nice 2 meet u not bin about for a while but lookin forward to gettin 2 know u a bit.
    Posted by bonneville
    u2 mate run well et the tables unless you get me HU :)))))

if your up for some banter mate check this out details HERE