You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stats / Too aggresive

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
Been on a losing downswing for a while now, nothing seems to be going right, its making me think I'm playing wrong, after looking at my stats I'm thinking I'm too aggresive. Looking at my where you fold, surely my 22% of not folding is too high? Seeing 32% of flops also seems high to me. Thoughts? Any helpful comments welcome

Comments

• edited April 2011
    My advice would be don't jump from 20nl to 200nl.

This can't be good for your style as the play is so much differant between the 2.

Not sure about your stats though, but im sure someone like beaneh will tell you.
  • edited April 2011
    22% not folding is fine, even could be on the nitties side of things but probably not at low stakes on sky,

30%+ seeing flops does seem like you are playing too many hands but the stats sky uses are kinda weird and idk if i would trust them
  • edited April 2011
    Okay cheers both, and true donkeyplop, although at 200nl im in a way better cos i dont do aloda moves cos its bigger money haha and seeing that amount of flops does seem wierd, i don't feel like i play 1 in every 3 hands
  • edited April 2011
    32% of flops seen - Either to aggro or your getting a lot of good hands

Can,t see how many hands this is over
  • edited April 2011
    Since i started playing here so alot lol

Its wierd, i constantly won and have been gradully losing for a while so i was just wondering why, maybe cos i became more aggro seen as i was winning and some of that has been bad aggresion or just over aggresion or smth
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Stats / Too aggresive:
    Since i started playing here so alot lol Its wierd, i constantly won and have been gradully losing for a while so i was just wondering why, maybe cos i became more aggro seen as i was winning and some of that has been bad aggresion or just over aggresion or smth
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    It's coz I haven't played cash properly for a fortnight, so you're losing out on at least a buy in per night off me.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Stats / Too aggresive:
    Since i started playing here so alot lol Its wierd, i constantly won and have been gradully losing for a while so i was just wondering why, maybe cos i became more aggro seen as i was winning and some of that has been bad aggresion or just over aggresion or smth
    Posted by CrazyBen23

simple...

[x] OP joined start of the year
    [x] OP had ye olde 'new player boomswitch'
    [x] OP won $$$
    [x] Boomswitch turned off
    [x] OP loses $$$

Also...

My advice would be don't jump from 20nl to 200nl.
    Posted by donkeyplop

[ ] OP has BR management

Note:

[ ] Sky stats are trustworth

• edited April 2011
    lol sikas, my cash stats are similar to this...

seeing flop 30% of time isnt that bad if u consider we are  handed and u may get free bb every other round. Im sure the stats really only mean something depending on where ur playing eg. nl30 ur stats wud be alot different to nl200 imo