You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i call.... or fold?

edited April 2011 in The Poker Clinic
ActionCardsAmountPotBalance
Keevil Small blind  £0.15 £0.15 £29.55
Villian Big blind  £0.30 £0.45 £29.00
  Your hole cards
  • Q
  • Q

111vik111 Fold     
BigoDave Fold     
weaktight Fold     
Keevil Raise  £1.05 £1.50 £28.50
Villian Raise  £3.60 £5.10 £25.40
Keevil Raise  £8.10 £13.20 £20.40
VillianAll-in  £25.40 £38.60 £0.00
??????

Villain had been playing a wide variety of hands but hasnt shoved all in pre since i have been sat at the table.

I had been playing quite agro so i thought he was thinking i was trying to steal blinds hence my 3 bet.

When he shoves i put him on AK purely because i didnt think he would be doing this with AA KK i thought he would have flatted.

Am i right to call after commiting 1/3 of my stack?

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Call, your 3 bet almost commits you + you have queens so you could easily be ahead.
    I've noticed in the past few months people are 4bet-shoving with AA though instead of making a small 4-bet, so be wary but i still call. 
  • edited April 2011
    You can't fold now !!!!
  • edited April 2011
    when he 3bets the only thing you need to worry about is how you can get the lot in pre
  • edited April 2011
  • ybyb
    edited April 2011
    only 4bet if you're happy getting it in pre, it would need to be against someone insanely tight for me not to be happy stacking off bvb 100bbs deep.
  • edited April 2011
    He's got to have ak kk aa without too much previous so fld against all in pre  Response to Should i call.... or fold?:
    Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Keevil Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £29.55 Villian  Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £29.00   Your hole cards Q Q       111vik111 Fold         BigoDave Fold         weaktight Fold         Keevil Raise   £1.05 £1.50 £28.50 Villian  Raise   £3.60 £5.10 £25.40 Keevil Raise   £8.10 £13.20 £20.40 Villian All-in   £25.40 £38.60 £0.00 ?????? Villain had been playing a wide variety of hands but hasnt shoved all in pre since i have been sat at the table. I had been playing quite agro so i thought he was thinking i was trying to steal blinds hence my 3 bet. When he shoves i put him on AK purely because i didnt think he would be doing this with AA KK i thought he would have flatted. Am i right to call after commiting 1/3 of my stack?
    Posted by Keevil
  • edited April 2011
    can i ask a question, if keevil had more behind him (less committed) can he/should he get away from this. i would fold at this level but i have been told before that this is wrong. just got aa written all over it. like i say , i know my thinking is wrong here but can see why keevil has asked the question.
  • edited April 2011
    if he can only have KK+ when he shoves, dont 4bet it turns QQ into a bluff which sucks because our bet folds all worse hands and better ones continue
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i call.... or fold?:
    if he can only have KK+ when he shoves, dont 4bet it turns QQ into a bluff which sucks because our bet folds all worse hands and better ones continue
    Posted by grantorino
    The reason i asked is because villian didnt stop giving me grief after the hand saying he was telling me he had KK-AA.

But after committing 1/3 of my stack i didnt think i could lay them down....
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Should i call.... or fold? : The reason i asked is because villian didnt stop giving me grief after the hand saying he was telling me he had KK-AA. But after committing 1/3 of my stack i didnt think i could lay them down....
    Posted by Keevil
    If villain had KK+ and wanted to tell you then he sucks

If he was bluffing and expects you to 4bet/fold QQ then he also sucks

Getting it in is fine. If you think a 4bet folds out everything worse then just flat the 3bet
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Should i call.... or fold?:
    Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Keevil Small blind   £0.15 £0.15 £29.55 Villian  Big blind   £0.30 £0.45 £29.00   Your hole cards Q Q       111vik111 Fold         BigoDave Fold         weaktight Fold         Keevil Raise   £1.05 £1.50 £28.50 Villian  Raise   £3.60 £5.10 £25.40 Keevil Raise   £8.10 £13.20 £20.40 Villian All-in   £25.40 £38.60 £0.00 ?????? Villain had been playing a wide variety of hands but hasnt shoved all in pre since i have been sat at the table. I had been playing quite agro so i thought he was thinking i was trying to steal blinds hence my 3 bet. When he shoves i put him on AK purely because i didnt think he would be doing this with AA KK i thought he would have flatted. Am i right to call after commiting 1/3 of my stack?
    Posted by Keevil

SHOVE, HE CLEARLY DOESNT BELIEVE YOU, PLAY BACK AT HIM TO SEE WHERE YOU ARE.

• edited April 2011
    its an expensive way to "see where you are"
  • edited April 2011
    I'd call and see a flop, if low let him c-bet then i'd prob throw the money in
  • edited April 2011
    I'd call and see a flop, if low let him c-bet then i'd prob throw the money in
    Posted by CrazyBen23
    I thought if i just flat i wouldnt really know where i was in the hand and also any over cards would scare me so i would of just ended up folding....

Looking back at it i think getting it all in pre is the right decision i would have been happy to reload and if he did turn over KK-AA then so be it.