You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

St georges day

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Are there any games to celebrate st georges day,

i've seen nothing in the tourneys or forum.

What about a bounty hunter where SPTers are dragons

with erxtra bounties on there heads..just a thought.

HAPPY ST GEORGES DAY TO ONE AND ALL.(not just us english).

CHEERS CHRIS.

Comments

• edited April 2011

I reckon all Welsh and Scottish peeps should be excluded from playing on Sky Poker tomorrow...:)

On second thoughts... not a good idea, there would be no valoooooo :)

Happy St George's Day one and all!

• edited April 2011

Maybe you could have a comp called "Slay the Dragons" £11 buy-in & put bounties on the heads of Presenters & Analysts that take part

Happy ST Georges Day Everyone

dtw

• edited April 2011

Great to see such patriotism, but there's a slight flaw in your plan

""The date of St George's Day comes from the church calendars. In Anglican and Catholic calendars, when 23 April falls too close to Easter, St George's Day is moved. In 2011, for example, 23 April will be Holy Saturday and St George's Day is transferred to Monday 2 May.""

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: St georges day:
    Great to see such patriotism, but there's a slight flaw in your plan ""The date of St George's Day comes from the church calendars. In Anglican and Catholic calendars, when 23 April falls too close to Easter, St George's Day is moved. In 2011, for example, 23 April will be Holy Saturday and St George's Day is transferred to Monday 2 May.""  
    Posted by kaymac

Didn't know that tho it works better as our Forum DTD is on that day & if Tikay plays maybe we could have a Bountie on his head would be a lot of fun

Michael
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: St georges day :   Didn't know that tho it works better as our Forum DTD is on that day & if Tikay plays maybe we could have a Bountie on his head would be a lot of fun   Michael
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    Good to see you back Michael

Keith
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: St georges day : Good to see you back Michael Keith
    Posted by kaymac

Thank You Keith am feeling a lot better taking it easy gonna have a bet on tonights footie
  • edited April 2011
    the thing that annoys me is the fact that all the pubs roll out the bunting etc for st patricks day yet do nowt for st georges day!

if you go out in flags tommorrow to celebrate odds on that you wont get in pubs incase you "cause offence to other nationalities"

cheers,dave
  • edited April 2011
    the thing that annoys me is the fact that all the pubs roll out the bunting etc for st patricks day yet do nowt for st georges day! if you go out in flags tommorrow to celebrate odds on that you wont get in pubs incase you "cause offence to other nationalities" cheers,dave
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Thats rubbish.  The fact is, english, as a whole, simply dont care.
    Its not an important day for us, simple as that
  • edited April 2011

HAPPY ST.GEORGES's DAY!!!!!!

posted at 23/4/2011 9:45 AM BST on SkyPoker.com
    First: 30/6/2009
    Last: 23/4/2011
                  Jerusalem

And did those feet in ancient time
    Walk upon England's mountains green
    And was the holy lamb of God
    On England's pleasant pastures seen
    And did the countenance divine
    Shine forth upon our clouded hills
    And was Jerusalem builded here
    Among those dark Satanic millsBring me my bow of burning gold
    Bring me my arrows of desire
    Bring me my spears o'clouds unfold
    Bring me my chariot of fireI will not cease from mental fight
    Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand
    'Til we have built Jerusalem
    In England's green and pleasant land
    'Til we have built Jerusalem
    In England's green and pleasant land

LOVE FROM

Dave 'Hitman' Harvey  X
  • edited April 2011
    Thats rubbish.  The fact is, english, as a whole, simply dont care.
    Its not an important day for us, simple as that

NOW THAT'S RUBBISH!!!!!!!

ENGLISH, PROUD,AND A VERY IMPORTANT DAY FOR US,AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT.
  • edited April 2011
    Happy St Georges Day one and all
  • edited April 2011
    Thats rubbish.  The fact is, english, as a whole, simply dont care. Its not an important day for us, simple as that NOW THAT'S RUBBISH!!!!!!! ENGLISH, PROUD,AND A VERY IMPORTANT DAY FOR US,AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT.
    Posted by LENGALENG
    + 1 !!  Been a proud member of The St.Georges Day Club for nearly 20 years now!!  Can only get to The Dinner bout every other year now tho.

It is Spectacular !!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: St georges day : Thats rubbish.  The fact is, english, as a whole, simply dont care. Its not an important day for us, simple as that
    Posted by MrWh1te
    actually i dont think it is rubbish.ten years ago you might have a point.
    but since labour sneaked in millions of immigrant through their open door policy a lot of peoples veiws have changed,and there has been a campaign to make may day bank holiday into a st georges day holiday......

also you say people dont care yet they seem to care about st patricks day?
    even to the point of my 9 year old child being taught all about it at school,yet not one mention of st george....
  • edited April 2011
    TO ALL PLEASE READ MY POST IN THE SHEAD XXX
  • edited April 2011
    TO ALL PLEASE READ MY POST IN THE SHEAD XXX
    Posted by paige55

Ditto  ;o)

• edited April 2011
    HAPPY ST.GEORGES's DAY!!!!!! posted at 23/4/2011 9:45 AM BST on SkyPoker.com HITMAN_RV Posts: 1727 First: 30/6/2009 Last: 23/4/2011               Jerusalem And did those feet in ancient time Walk upon England's mountains green And was the holy lamb of God On England's pleasant pastures seen And did the countenance divine Shine forth upon our clouded hills And was Jerusalem builded here Among those dark Satanic mills Bring me my bow of burning gold Bring me my arrows of desire Bring me my spears o'clouds unfold Bring me my chariot of fire I will not cease from mental fight Nor shall my sword sleep in my hand 'Til we have built Jerusalem In England's green and pleasant land 'Til we have built Jerusalem In England's green and pleasant land LOVE FROM Dave 'Hitman' Harvey  X
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    +a million