You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

my great new comp idea!

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
quite simple really.

exactly the same as the vegas qualifiers from the small stake sats down to the final.

the only difference being.............no vegas trip but £10k instead!

if there is a problem with a 10k gtd game it could stipulate a minimum amount of players in the final,which would be 10 obviously.all of whom have qualified through the sats.

im sure everyone would rather have the trip of a lifetime as skys guest at vegas but when the last final has been played maybe  sky can carry on the same game with the 10k for winning.........

cheers,dave

Comments

• edited April 2011
    Nice one....  Like it.  
  • edited April 2011
    love the idea daveyzz :) give it 2 years and we may see it ;)
  • edited April 2011
    Why not just a monthly 1k buyin tournament on sundays, with a satellite structure similar to/same as vegas? Would be a good way to judge interest and give plenty of time for players to satellite in, I think there'd be a fair amount of interest to satellite in for less than 3 quid.

A really big buyin tournament is something the site is missing I think, primo has a nice prizepool but field is still pretty big, the monthly 220 deepstack and the new weekly sky rollers are much better, but a 1k buyin would be really nice to see how it goes.

Wouldn't be many runners obv, but I think it'd probably get enough to just about be worthwhile? A lot of the high stakes players may be interested.

Love it btw, in case you couldn't guess ^^ doubt I'd play it much, but it'd be something to have a shot at satelliting into when I can.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: my great new comp idea!:
    Why not just a monthly 1k buyin tournament on sundays, with a satellite structure similar to/same as vegas? Would be a good way to judge interest and give plenty of time for players to satellite in, I think there'd be a fair amount of interest to satellite in for less than 3 quid. A really big buyin tournament is something the site is missing I think, primo has a nice prizepool but field is still pretty big, the monthly 220 deepstack and the new weekly sky rollers are much better, but a 1k buyin would be really nice to see how it goes. Wouldn't be many runners obv, but I think it'd probably get enough to just about be worthwhile? A lot of the high stakes players may be interested. Love it btw, in case you couldn't guess ^^ doubt I'd play it much, but it'd be something to have a shot at satelliting into when I can.
    Posted by DeucesLive
    yea i like that idea.........but i like the idea of having the 1st prize of 10k.
    if you had a 1k tourny the money would get split down % wise

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: my great new comp idea! : yea i like that idea.........but i like the idea of having the 1st prize of 10k. if you had a 1k tourny the money would get split down % wise
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    I agree with the 10K 1st prize, but would the other prizes be split 50% - 30% - 20% like the current model if there were say 17 players, 2nd would not get £7000
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: my great new comp idea! : I agree with the 10K 1st prize, but would the other prizes be split 50% - 30% - 20% like the current model if there were say 17 players, 2nd would not get £7000
    Posted by loonytoons
    i would rather it was exactly like the vegas final so 2nd would get the cash (7k)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: my great new comp idea! : i would rather it was exactly like the vegas final so 2nd would get the cash (7k)
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    NO!!! You are sooo last year lol!! This year it has all changed and they no longer pay the 2nd prize the whole overlay, its divided between 3 others like i said.
     See below

Re: Viva Las Vegas 2011posted at 12/1/2011 3:18 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com Tikay10 Posts: 12304
    First: 20/5/2009
    Last: 22/4/2011
    The next VLV Final will be on January 30th, & there will FIVE Finals in all this year, being January, February, March, April, & May.

It has been decided to change the payout structure for the "Seat Bubble", that is to say, the player who misses the Seat by one spot.

Previously, ALL the "spare" money went to the seat bubble. This resulted in as much as £9,000 in two cases being awarded where there were, say, 19, or 29, runners.

With immediate effect, this will now change.

The "left over" element of the Prize Pool - the cash element - will be split into THREE, on the basis of 50%, 30%, & 20%. 

So, if there are, say, 25 runners, there will be two £10,000 packages, with £5,000 "left over".

This £5,000 would be split 50%, 30% & 20% to the THIRD, FOURTH & FIFTH places. 

If there were 18 runners, & thus 1 £10k package, the £8,000 would be split 50%, 30% & 20% between 2nd, 3rd & 4th places.

This change will remain in place until further notice, though, like all things, the Suits will re-examine it &/or modify it in the light of player-experience.

All constructive feedback welcome.   
  • edited April 2011
    ahh ok well that sounds good as well,as long as its 1in10 for a 10k package
  • edited April 2011
    ahh ok well that sounds good as well,as long as its 1in10 for a 10k package
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    lol, your such a chicken you woos!!! grow some balls like my wife and dont compromise. if it works, it works, if it doesn't then it doesn't, but at least it has lived and died by your sword, i'll have a go if no one else does = but then im mad lol.
  • edited April 2011
    WELL LOONY IM HAIRY IS THAT OK :)
  • edited April 2011
    WHAT I MEAN IS ON MY  LEGS, LOOONY, ALSO UNDER MY ARM,S IS THAT OK LOONY :):) SMILEY  ME IS ON TO YOU XXX
  • edited April 2011
    I LOVE LOONYTOONS XXX
  • edited April 2011
    NOW MR TIKAY10 PLEASE PUT THIS  OLD GIRL INTO  ONE OF YOUR TOURNY,S I NO I WOULD  NEVER WIN SO GIVE ME A FREE GAME , MR TIKAY XXX PAIGE
  • edited April 2011
    loony has lost the plot MR TIKAY SO  PLEASE , SO PLEASE, GIVE ME A FREE GAME , SUCH A FAN OF YOU MR TIKAY PLEASE, REGARDS TO YOU, ALSO LOONY TOOK THE MICK OUT OF MY SPEELING XXX
  • edited April 2011
    WHAT I MEAN IS ON MY  LEGS, LOOONY, ALSO UNDER MY ARM,S IS THAT OK LOONY :):) SMILEY  ME IS ON TO YOU XXX
    Posted by paige55
    you only get free entry if your hairs are on ya balls lol