You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

bonneville's thort for the day

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Mornin, I was thinking, if pigs really did fly, the best job in the world would be testin Jet Engines.

On lookin at the threads I was drawn to Sim's thread about online poker being rigged or not rigged.
Let me say first that I do not think Sky is fixed but am absolutely convinced the big sites are.

My own personal worst experiences have been at Full Tilt and on the Rush tables.

In a three month period I played 50,000 hands of rush and my % of wins in allin situations was so cr ap that I can not even remember them.

It got so I was only starting with group 1 2 and occasionally 3's.

Some of the things were just plain ridiculous and when I started reading some of the top names in the game saying,"Its one of the quickest and most frustrating ways to loose money" I stopped.

When I analysed it with poker tracker I found that I had created hundreds of dollars in rake for the site lost my depo which was only 90 but more importantly nothing stood out, bullets had held up far more than I thort for instance.

After studying I decided that most of the damage was done in allin situations where I was miles in front was called by someone who should never have made the call and they won the hand.

It does not take many allin's to decimate a bankroll like mine, and I think makin 90 last as long as I did was an achievement.

So I decided to carry on but not play rush, one of my forums ran a series of freerolls in Jan so I did this 5 a day with fields up to 3,600 4000 or so. It was a completely different game my big hands held my vpip was 6 to 12% great.

At the end I was well in the top 100 and the top 200 got to a final where I came 4th and made 120usd a bit more than I depoed in the first place.

The thing is this series carried on in feb so I did as well but when I made my bankroll back which I thort was lost forever, I immediately emptied my account and cashed the lot out.

Now I could not win a hand, for 3 weeks until I stopped. My son cashed out at the same time as me because he was also being turned over.

You think what you like but I am positive in my thorts.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    have you tried using spell check            THORT       THOUGHT,HOPE THIS HELPS  :)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: bonneville's thort for the day:
    have you tried using spell check            THORT        THOUGHT ,HOPE THIS HELPS
    Posted by TENOFSPADE

The OP spends time on making a well structed post and you come in and post about one word thats spelt wrong, well done, you must feel big.
  • edited April 2011
    And I thought I was pedantic.  Get back in your box TenOfSpade - you missed the 's' off the end.
  • edited April 2011
    have you tried using spell check            THORT        THOUGHT ,HOPE THIS HELPS
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    I am very sorry but although I have substantial qualifications in math, physics and a vast array of engineering qualifications, many in my family have dyslexia.

This caused me much trouble when I was young and although my nickname at school was the professor given by the teachers, it was not a time that was forgiving.

Up until the last few years I would never of dreamt of writing anything on public view.

This is something else poker has given me, but to be honest I am of an age now where I don't give a FCUK.

Also to disguise this I often use Brumy speak and say I have been drinking to disguise the fact now the cat is out the bag.

Also in my life I have used shortening of words and abbreviation a lot so is it ok if I refer to you in future as TOS.

GL see you at the tables and thanks to all who replied
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: bonneville's thort for the day : I am very sorry but although I have substantial qualifications in math, physics and a vast array of engineering qualifications, many in my family have dyslexia. This caused me much trouble when I was young and although my nickname at school was the professor given by the teachers, it was not a time that was forgiving. Up until the last few years I would never of dreamt of writing anything on public view. This is something else poker has given me, but to be honest I am of an age now where I don't give a FCUK. Also to disguise this I often use Brumy speak and say I have been drinking to disguise the fact now the cat is out the bag. Also in my life I have used shortening of words and abbreviation a lot so is it ok if I refer to you in future as TOS. GL see you at the tables and thanks to all who replied
    Posted by bonneville
    Well I thort it was a good effort. Keep 'em coming.

ps. If you look up thort in the urban dictionary it exists. I was expecting at least some pictures with a title like  ''Thort of the day''
  • edited April 2011
    honestly ,my post was made,tongue in cheek ,,,,,i have got more important things to worry about, than petty squabbles with you lot ,ps .my thought for the day ,,GET A  LIFE            and once more ,thanks for your input rogue cell,(apparently the best mtt player on the site  lol) at least that is what she told me in chat ............i must say i beg to differ .
  • edited April 2011
    honestly ,my post was made,tongue in cheek ,,,,,i have got more important things to worry about, than petty squabbles with you lot ,ps .my thought for the day ,,GET A  LIFE            and once more ,thanks for your input rogue cell,(apparently the best mtt player on the site  lol) at least that is what she told me in chat ............i must say i beg to differ .
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    In the face of some fairly pathetic attempts to rub me down, I think I said I could outchat you.  Which is patently true.
  • edited April 2011
    if we go back through this thread ,we can all see ,who is pathetically trying to rub who down ,,,,,,,,nice try in making ME look like the villain ,,,,,,,,,,,,,also, on previous posts i have made as well,,,,,,,,,,, i know you fancy me rouge ,but im just not interested ,i know it hurts ,but you have got too accept it ,and move on
  • edited April 2011

Blatant name calling is much better than disguised digs and rub downs imo.

• edited April 2011
    Blatant name calling is much better than disguised digs and rub downs imo.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    now i know how RIO FERDINAND feels
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: bonneville's thort for the day : In the face of some fairly pathetic attempts to rub me down, I think I said I could outchat you.  Which is patently true.
    Posted by RogueCell
    i can outchat all of you

although irene trip5 might give me a run for our money lol
  • edited April 2011
    i must admit tens comment did look rather tongue in cheek and out of character from all other posts. now had it been someone else with a rep for being sarky, different ball game.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: bonneville's thort for the day : I am very sorry but although I have substantial qualifications in math, physics and a vast array of engineering qualifications, many in my family have dyslexia. This caused me much trouble when I was young and although my nickname at school was the professor given by the teachers, it was not a time that was forgiving. Up until the last few years I would never of dreamt of writing anything on public view. This is something else poker has given me, but to be honest I am of an age now where I don't give a FCUK. Also to disguise this I often use Brumy speak and say I have been drinking to disguise the fact now the cat is out the bag. Also in my life I have used shortening of words and abbreviation a lot so is it ok if I refer to you in future as TOS. GL see you at the tables and thanks to all who replied
    Posted by bonneville
    Whoever invented this word to discribe this affliction had a wicked sense of humour!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: bonneville's thort for the day : Whoever invented this word to discribe this affliction had a wicked sense of humour!
    Posted by loonytoons
    lol i know,its such a hard word to spell!

i also wonder why abbreviation is such a long word?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: bonneville's thort for the day : i can outchat all of you although irene trip5 might give me a run for our money lol
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    EASSSYYYYYYYYY WIN ;o))

Wanna HU chat-off???

xx
  • edited April 2011
    I'm sure TENOFSPADES never meant to make the OP look silly or small( he don't seem like that imo), looks like he was just pointing out that spell check is available 

give the guy a break

• edited April 2011
    I'm already looking forward to tomorrow's thort/thought of the day!
  • edited April 2011
    SEE THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME MAD I DONT NO WHERE THE SPEEL CHECK IS. I NO ALOT OF YOU ARE COMPUTER WISE,WELL IM NOT, WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL WE HAD NOTHING,HECK IM AN OLD GIRL WHO WISHES ONE OF YOU YOUNGER PEEPS COULD HELP US OLDIES OUT.START UP A THREAD COMPUTER HELP FOR THE BEGINNER. THANKS PAIGE
  • edited April 2011

If that is indeed the case, then my apologies abound.  I said if...

• edited April 2011
    WHEN I POST ON HERE ALL I SEE  IS NEW POST, REPLY TO THIS POST, REPORT ABUSE, EDIT POST, DELETE POST. SO WHERE IS SPEEL CHECK
  • edited April 2011
    I prefer Dog Fort (google it if you don't know)

• edited April 2011
    SEE THIS IS WHAT MAKES ME MAD I DONT NO WHERE THE SPEEL CHECK IS. I NO ALOT OF YOU ARE COMPUTER WISE,WELL IM NOT, WHEN I WENT TO SCHOOL WE HAD NOTHING,HECK IM AN OLD GIRL WHO WISHES ONE OF YOU YOUNGER PEEPS COULD HELP US OLDIES OUT.START UP A THREAD COMPUTER HELP FOR THE BEGINNER. THANKS PAIGE
    Posted by paige55
    Hi Paige55,

Please see the screen-capture below. The spell-checker is circled ('ABC' on the toolbar). Once it's pressed the system highlights (with a red squiggly underline) the words it doesn't recognise.

• edited April 2011

YES MOD NOSEY I HAVE JUST FOUND THAT, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP KIND REGARD,S TO YOU  FROM PAIGE XX

• edited April 2011
    YES MOD NOSEY I HAVE JUST FOUND THAT, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR HELP KIND REGARD,S TO YOU  FROM PAIGE XX
    Posted by paige55
    Maybe you'll be able to speel spell now :)))
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: bonneville's thort for the day : Maybe you'll be able to speel spell now :)))
    Posted by loonytoons
               oh god ,not again,do you know ,what your letting yourself in for loony ?
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: bonneville's thort for the day :             oh god ,not again,do you know ,what your letting yourself in for loony ?
    Posted by TENOFSPADE
    Its a joke hence the :))) smiley, we all do spelling errors lol
  • edited April 2011
    OK SO IT IS SPELL, SORRY lonnytoons i will try better.any more advice would help, looking forward to your reply, on how to edit , how to put a song onto this site from you tube. because i have just the song in mind.
  • edited April 2011
    NOW I DO NO WHAT A SMILEY IS  loony toons it,s a yellow face with a big smile on it xx cant seem to send one your why on this site ,so i will do has you did ::))))::))))
  • edited April 2011
    OK SO IT IS SPELL, SORRY lonnytoons i will try better.any more advice would help, looking forward to your reply, on how to edit , how to put a song onto this site from you tube. because i have just the song in mind.
    Posted by paige55
    seriuosly, i was joking, we all make spelling errors, now like i say to the wife - take a chill pill lol and ya cant do smileys here lool
  • edited April 2011