You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

New tournament structures are loads a more betterer innit!!!

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
Nice one sky man person boss type thingy!!-- Can't wait to get my bankroll back up--- I have to move house next week, so I am skint a bit, but I think some congratulations are in order for listening to the players and taking the right action--well done I say!!---- Tournaments look much more attractive now.

Comments

• edited April 2011
    In Response to New tournament structures are loads a more betterer innit!!!:
    Nice one sky man person boss type thingy!!-- Can't wait to get my bankroll back up--- I have to move house next week, so I am skint a bit, but I think some congratulations are in order for listening to the players and taking the right action--well done I say!!---- Tournaments look much more attractive now.
    Posted by oynutter

Yup much better, Played one yesterday only 41 runners, only £1.10 entry theese are normally over quite quick but when i got down to heads up we had hit the 3 hour mark.  Final table took an hour on its own which is unsual for a small buyin tourny that wasnt a deepstack.  The only shame was Heads up i started with 65k Villain had 15k and i still lost :( lol
  • edited April 2011
    Miles better!

I'm loving these changes, been able to make 2 withdrawals in the last 3 days. The bingo players have less chance of going on a lucky run that takes them deep now. The tournaments take longer, but they're more profitable than before if you know what you're doing.
  • edited April 2011
    Yeah I like it a lot better for my own game, finished just outside the cash in a BH in my last tourney and was a kicker away from winning a BH tourney the night before. Yes it does take a while to play them but as a beginner I feel its a good education and I am learning new stuff every time I play whereas before, I felt it was more of a shove fest.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: New tournament structures are loads a more betterer innit!!!:
    Miles better! I'm loving these changes, been able to make 2 withdrawals in the last 3 days. The bingo players have less chance of going on a lucky run that takes them deep now. The tournaments take longer, but they're more profitable than before if you know what you're doing.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Nice one Gary, Lookin good, should have a bankroll again next week, so hopefully will join ya!--- am much more positive about the tournies now, see you at the tables soon, touchwood--floppa whoppa!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: New tournament structures are loads a more betterer innit!!!:
    Yeah I like it a lot better for my own game, finished just outside the cash in a BH in my last tourney and was a kicker away from winning a BH tourney the night before. Yes it does take a while to play them but as a beginner I feel its a good education and I am learning new stuff every time I play whereas before, I felt it was more of a shove fest.
    Posted by SALT1R3
     Great stuff Salty, yeh, the shove fest aspect was putting me off before, but I think Sky have got it just about right now, you do need time for skill to win through, the bh's were a bit mental before the changes, but now I think they can be played properly, am looking forward to giving them a go too--gl--whop ya flopper out!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to New tournament structures are loads a more betterer innit!!! : Yup much better, Played one yesterday only 41 runners, only £1.10 entry theese are normally over quite quick but when i got down to heads up we had hit the 3 hour mark.  Final table took an hour on its own which is unsual for a small buyin tourny that wasnt a deepstack.  The only shame was Heads up i started with 65k Villain had 15k and i still lost :( lol
    Posted by shazallin
     Nice one Shaz, great to see the positive feedback for the new structures, I knew they just needed a small tweak to make them 10 times betterer innit!!-- gl heads up next time eh!!
  • edited April 2011