You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Transport to Leeds

I am currently planning to drive up to Leeds on the Friday afternoon for the weekend in order to (probably) play the Friday night game as well.

I will be driving up from Exeter so it is a bit of a trek but if anyone fancies sharing a ride and the petrol costs then please reply and we can discuss.  If anyone else is driving up from around the Devon area then please let me know if you have a seat available that i can take?

Always good to reduce the costs for the weekends away (more beer money lol).  Havent booked accommodation yet either so if anyone has any advice on best place to stay please let me know.

TYVM

Paddy H

9se7entr3y

Comments

• edited April 2011
    anyone going by train from the north east???
  • edited April 2011
    its probably the worse way to travel but the megabus could probably get you there and back for about 20-30 quid. They have free wi-fi too so you can play throughout the long, sorry looooooooooong journey.
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds:
    Posted by hinton
    im not going by train, but i am going from the north east... Just curious where abouts ur from hinton?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : im not going by train, but i am going from the north east... Just curious where abouts ur from hinton?
    Posted by boro_al
    barnard castle just near darlington,setting off on the friday after dinner,u?
  • edited May 2011
    Posted by hinton
    where do u live hinton? im trvelling from chester le st.. but i wouldnt be able 2 give u a lift back as im visiting family on sunday as im a yorkshireman myself
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : barnard castle just near darlington,setting off on the friday after dinner,u?
    Posted by hinton
    arh.... just seen barnard castle... if u want a lift give me a shout..
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : arh.... just seen barnard castle... if u want a lift give me a shout..
    Posted by joesman1
    have u got a hotel sorted like joe? my hotel is close 2 the train station
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : have u got a hotel sorted like joe? my hotel is close 2 the train station
    Posted by hinton
    yeah its sorted.. staying in prem inn city centre.. sharing with rosjim fri night then sharing with g/friend sat night as jim is going home that night
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : yeah its sorted.. staying in prem inn city centre.. sharing with rosjim fri night then sharing with g/friend sat night as jim is going home that night
    Posted by joesman1
    Is rospink not coming now then??????
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : Is rospink not coming now then??????
    Posted by Yorkie74
    she has qualified and think plan is 4 me amd jim 2 pick her up in my car sat lunchtime... shes just not doing the fri night event... then they are going home sat night
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : she has qualified and think plan is 4 me amd jim 2 pick her up in my car sat lunchtime... shes just not doing the fri night event... then they are going home sat night
    Posted by joesman1
    r u sure 4 a lift? was just gonna catch the train cos gonna have a good drink sat night so no drivin 4 me.i'll chip in 4 ya fuel mate
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : r u sure 4 a lift? was just gonna catch the train cos gonna have a good drink sat night so no drivin 4 me.i'll chip in 4 ya fuel mate
    Posted by hinton
    lol not bothered about fuel im going anyway.. im picking rosjim up in dewsbury then ill drop u at your hotel... but as i said i cant help u getting back on the sunday
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : lol not bothered about fuel im going anyway.. im picking rosjim up in dewsbury then ill drop u at your hotel... but as i said i cant help u getting back on the sunday
    Posted by joesman1
    very nice of u, b good 2 get 2 know a few ppl.ive played against rosjim a few times. was on the final table when he got done with aaa v kkkk. where and wot time mate?
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : very nice of u, b good 2 get 2 know a few ppl.ive played against rosjim a few times. was on the final table when he got done with aaa v kkkk. where and wot time mate?
    Posted by hinton
    ill in box u my number will be 3 ish can pick u up scotch corner or could pop into barnard
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : ill in box u my number will be 3 ish can pick u up scotch corner or could pop into barnard
    Posted by joesman1
    i'll meet u at scotch corner no probs,i've inboxed u my number m8
  • edited May 2011
    In Response to Re: Transport to Leeds : she has qualified and think plan is 4 me amd jim 2 pick her up in my car sat lunchtime... shes just not doing the fri night event... then they are going home sat night
    Posted by joesman1
    Ahh  good stuff.  I thought she had qualified.