You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Just cant escape the IDIOTS getting lucky all the time

edited July 2011 in Area 51
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
BEEGEE92 Small blind  75.00 75.00 2096.25
HartshorN Big blind  150.00 225.00 1586.25
  Your hole cards

micko Fold     
ice_man_ye Call  150.00 375.00 1805.00
SolidStan1 Fold     
Paul_GTI Fold     
BEEGEE92 Fold     
HartshorN Check     
Flop

HartshorN Check     
ice_man_ye All-in  1805.00 2180.00 0.00
HartshorN All-in  1586.25 3766.25 0.00
ice_man_ye Unmatched bet  218.75 3547.50 218.75
HartshorN Show

ice_man_ye Show
  • A

Turn

River

ice_man_ye Win Straight to the 10 3547.50  3766.25

Comments

• edited April 2011
    I Think as im the second person to post on this thread im suppose to say variance,win in the long term,ect,ect,yada,yada,yada

but to be honest if you get you chips after the flop  with trips no matter how rainbow and wet the  flop looks

YOU WILL LOOSE TO A RUNNER RUNNER STR8 OR FLUSH ON THIS SITE ITS THE LAW!
  • edited April 2011
    You should say "Unbelievable Jeff" more often ! ;)
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Just cant escape the IDIOTS getting fing lucky all the time:
    You should say "Unbelievable Jeff" more often ! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    You seem to think you're the only person who understands that this can happen - You're not, most players know it can happen. 

What you are is one of the very small minority who can't see that it happens far too often. As the other poster said ''on here it's the law'' - it shouldn't be.
  • edited April 2011

you should know better than to call an all in when you are 91.82% favourite

lol..
    ul.

• edited April 2011
    Nah when I get it in as a 90% favourite, I lose about 10% of the time.

It's about right.
  • edited April 2011
    Nah when I get it in as a 90% favourite, I lose about 10% of the time. It's about right.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

lol...that is another useless non sensical post,show me the money..

• edited April 2011
    "Fing lucky IDIOTS" should not be named on the forum, one got banned yesterday you know!!
  • edited April 2011
    nutter u beat my AA with ur QQ last time.so shuth ur mouth!!!!!
  • edited April 2011
    and don t forget is the sky who controle the game!!!! not a players
  • edited April 2011
    and bytheway is not idiots on this site!!!!i call them poker players.poker is the game and any hand can win!!!!!!!!so don t call ur opponent donk or idiot.and if u not understand the game just f.offffffffffffffff u iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
  • edited April 2011
    easy martin, please take his comment in the context it was given, seriously you cant come on here shoutin ya mouth off, it just aint cricket!!!. got a feeling there will be a come back shortly lol
  • edited April 2011
    and if u want to see luck in action watch TALLYTINK
  • edited April 2011
    easy martin, please take his comment in the context it was given, seriously you cant come on here shoutin ya mouth off, it just aint cricket!!!. got a feeling there will be a come back shortly lol
    Posted by pod1
    i hate  cricket maybe football
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Just cant escape the IDIOTS getting fing lucky all the time : You seem to think you're the only person who understands that this can happen - You're not, most players know it can happen.  What you are is one of the very small minority who can't see that it happens far too often. As the other poster said ''on here it's the law'' - it shouldn't be.
    Posted by elsadog

Interesting. Now The yanks aren't allowed to play FT anymore I am running games in parallel on both sites.

My observations are, as follow.

Mainly on FT there seem to be a lot less people in the pot on the flop. 2 people don't chase as much. 3. A lot less runner runner bad beats however I still come back to my original thoughts, being

Most on this site don't have a clue what they are doing and once in, can't fold. Lets be honest here, using the posted example. Why on earth would anyone holding A9 suited on that flop call.

Just a simple assesment says that his opponent has a 10 therefore to win he needs to hit an ace. There aren't 2 hearts on the flop so no value there and, maybe he is up against A10 therefore almost drawing dead.

Depending upon your analytical skills depends how deep you wish to think but even a basic player can't call.

Finally another thought. Most sky players assume everyone is bluffing and can't fold!!!

The above is a summation of why bad beats occur a lot. Any good player would have folded in a heartbeat!! Me personally, I prefer solid players as i really dont want to guess, after a 500 raise and 6 calllers when I am holding AA which of them is bluffing!!!

So far on FT I am having fun, yes, I am still getting bad beats but there is ONE big difference, when the money is in the middle and I see their hands then how they played made sense!!

Please I don't want any comments about this. It is purely my observations and a lot of thought put into the question "Why are there so many bad beats on Sky?" and also note i am avoiding bashing the RCG (Randon Card Generator) as sky cannot control how many idiots call big raises with rubbish and then can't fold!!!
  • edited April 2011
    and bytheway is not idiots on this site!!!!i call them poker players.poker is the game and any hand can win!!!!!!!!so don t call ur opponent donk or idiot.and if u not understand the game just f.offffffffffffffff u iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooootttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
    Posted by martin111

Quality.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Just cant escape the IDIOTS getting fing lucky all the time : Interesting. Now The yanks aren't allowed to play FT anymore I am running games in parallel on both sites. My observations are, as follow. Mainly on FT there seem to be a lot less people in the pot on the flop. 2 people don't chase as much. 3. A lot less runner runner bad beats however I still come back to my original thoughts, being Most on this site don't have a clue what they are doing and once in, can't fold. Lets be honest here, using the posted example. Why on earth would anyone holding A9 suited on that flop call. Just a simple assesment says that his opponent has a 10 therefore to win he needs to hit an ace. There aren't 2 hearts on the flop so no value there and, maybe he is up against A10 therefore almost drawing dead. Depending upon your analytical skills depends how deep you wish to think but even a basic player can't call. Finally another thought. Most sky players assume everyone is bluffing and can't fold!!! The above is a summation of why bad beats occur a lot. Any good player would have folded in a heartbeat!! Me personally, I prefer solid players as i really dont want to guess, after a 500 raise and 6 calllers when I am holding AA which of them is bluffing!!! So far on FT I am having fun, yes, I am still getting bad beats but there is ONE big difference, when the money is in the middle and I see their hands then how they played made sense!! Please I don't want any comments about this. It is purely my observations and a lot of thought put into the question "Why are there so many bad beats on Sky?" and also note i am avoiding bashing the RCG (Randon Card Generator) as sky cannot control how many idiots call big raises with rubbish and then can't fold!!!
    Posted by Magicalman
    This is the most sensible thing you have said in 69 posts.

+1
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Just cant escape the IDIOTS getting fing lucky all the time : Interesting. Now The yanks aren't allowed to play FT anymore I am running games in parallel on both sites. My observations are, as follow. Mainly on FT there seem to be a lot less people in the pot on the flop. 2 people don't chase as much. 3. A lot less runner runner bad beats however I still come back to my original thoughts, being Most on this site don't have a clue what they are doing and once in, can't fold. Lets be honest here, using the posted example. Why on earth would anyone holding A9 suited on that flop call. Just a simple assesment says that his opponent has a 10 therefore to win he needs to hit an ace. There aren't 2 hearts on the flop so no value there and, maybe he is up against A10 therefore almost drawing dead. Depending upon your analytical skills depends how deep you wish to think but even a basic player can't call. Finally another thought. Most sky players assume everyone is bluffing and can't fold!!! The above is a summation of why bad beats occur a lot. Any good player would have folded in a heartbeat!! Me personally, I prefer solid players as i really dont want to guess, after a 500 raise and 6 calllers when I am holding AA which of them is bluffing!!! So far on FT I am having fun, yes, I am still getting bad beats but there is ONE big difference, when the money is in the middle and I see their hands then how they played made sense!! Please I don't want any comments about this. It is purely my observations and a lot of thought put into the question "Why are there so many bad beats on Sky?" and also note i am avoiding bashing the RCG (Randon Card Generator) as sky cannot control how many idiots call big raises with rubbish and then can't fold!!!
    Posted by Magicalman
    When I'm playing towards the better end of my game I fold well, probably folding the odd hand whilst ahead.

When I'm playing badly I don't listen to the betting against me, assume I'm being bluffed and donk the lot in. Just can't seem to control it at times. Very frustrating.
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Just cant escape the IDIOTS getting fing lucky all the time : This is the most sensible thing you have said in 69 posts. +1
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    This was the point i made in my thread which you chose to argue and disagree with.

To be honest D I have been of the opinion for sometime now that you argue for the sake of it and comment on most posts to feed your self importance.

I will now reiterate what i have been saying for a long while now. In order to improve the site the average standard of play must be improved drasticaly to retain good solid players.

The new blind rate may help however i think by extending it from 5 mins to 10 mins this has doubled the length of the torney. I hope they look to change it to 7.5mins instead of 10mins
  • edited April 2011
    I don't argue for the sake of it every single poster that replied to you agreed with me.

Are we all arguing for the sake of it?

Your diagnosis is correct, bad players create more bad beats.

How you can think this is a bad thing remains a mystery, and if you go through your thread and skope the results of everyone that agreed with me, and everyone that agreed with you (if you can find any) you will see a pattern emerge.

Again, authority bias. Listen to people in the know.

Would you rather take fashion advice from a millionnaire fashion designer, or a tramp?

Would you rather be advised how to drive an F1 car by Lewis hamilton or Dot Cotton?

Same thing,....

For poker advice, see a winning 200nl reg over a 2.20/freeroll losing player.

;)

(was offline last night but I see 2/3 new people have come on saying it's rigged. No surprise to skope them and see they've lost alot of moniez)
  • edited April 2011
    you missed me cash in the open jj. one day i will have an mtt scope like yours.... sigh!!!!!! ps  magic, thats 7hrs of mtt play for£10 in 2 tournys. the standard of play was good, the structure was good , the friendship was good and little people like me can make money magic, so just get better/improve and it will come good   phil
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Just cant escape the IDIOTS getting fing lucky all the time : This was the point i made in my thread which you chose to argue and disagree with. To be honest D I have been of the opinion for sometime now that you argue for the sake of it and comment on most posts to feed your self importance. I will now reiterate what i have been saying for a long while now. In order to improve the site the average standard of play must be improved drasticaly to retain good solid players. The new blind rate may help however i think by extending it from 5 mins to 10 mins this has doubled the length of the torney. I hope they look to change it to 7.5mins instead of 10mins
    Posted by Magicalman
    They do something that will give the better players more chance and you want to scale it back? lol
  • edited April 2011
    you missed me cash in the open jj. one day i will have an mtt scope like yours.... sigh!!!!!! ps  magic, thats 7hrs of mtt play for£10 in 2 tournys. the standard of play was good, the structure was good , the friendship was good and little people like me can make money magic, so just get better/improve and it will come good   phil
    Posted by pod1
    Yes I have managed to overcome the significant challenges that the horrific players who don't know the hand rankings pose.

I've also managed to beat the new "not so random" random number generator.

To show a pretty consistant profit over 2,700 games! Thats 1,350 with the old, trustworthy rng, and the other 1,350 playing with the new rigged for action rng. 

Not much difference in my graph.

Still can't win a big one though!!! I haven't final tabled a decent tourny for months. 400/1 shots r hard to find.

Small donkfest mtt's and hu sngs ftw! ;)

Edit - And I run rly rly rly rlyyyyyyyyyyyy bad!!!!

• edited April 2011
    I love DOHHHHHHH.  That is all.
  • edited April 2011
    I don't argue for the sake of it every single poster that replied to you agreed with me. Are we all arguing for the sake of it? Your diagnosis is correct, bad players create more bad beats. How you can think this is a bad thing remains a mystery, and if you go through your thread and skope the results of everyone that agreed with me, and everyone that agreed with you (if you can find any) you will see a pattern emerge. Again, authority bias. Listen to people in the know. Would you rather take fashion advice from a millionnaire fashion designer, or a tramp? Would you rather be advised how to drive an F1 car by Lewis hamilton or Dot Cotton? Same thing,.... For poker advice, see a winning 200nl reg over a 2.20/freeroll losing player. ;) (was offline last night but I see 2/3 new people have come on saying it's rigged. No surprise to skope them and see they've lost alot of moniez)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

No one agrees with you, apart from GeggHogg.

No one agreed wih you when you took the same stand with Irishrover's Thread.

Too many people who don't have a clue, and thus keep calling for the sake of it is a very bad thing which is why the players wishing to play serious tournament poker aren't sticking around.

Its obvious I am struggling to explain to you why its a bad thing but I can think of one analogy. One which every poker analyst, including Tikay, shouts from the rooftops. "If you have a premium hand such as AA its is imperative that you isolae your opponents pre thread down to one" as the chances of winning with AA drastically reduce for every extra hand playing.

I am assuming this is a statement you agree with THEREFORE a site full of bad players who will call all the time with any 2 cards and keep calling is a VERY BAD thing..

Oh, since playing FT I have not changed my play and cashed 86% of the time. I haven't changed my game, I have enjoyed bad beats BUT the one difference is I am rarely in a post flop pot with more than one person AND the players don't call don hands when they shouldn't, they fold!!!.

2 weeks ago I asked 5 of my live colleagues to play on sky and give me their considered opinion. The resounding response was "full of Idiots"!! oh, and all of them have cashed in MTT's with over 600 runners online and off!

I think you will find that you are in a minority wishing the site to be full of players who call anything, cant fold and don't know what they are doing.Count ALL the names on the Irishrover thread who kept on saying the same thing and clearly stated they have left.

There is a differrence between a Donk and being Donked! Being donked is basically a bad beat, usualy post flop, where the best hand loses but one can justify hy the worst hand called.

A Donk is someone who shouldnt even be in the hand because his cards and the betting ont warrant it. Once in the hand hich he has missed by a country mile should then fold to serious betting. A good player does not wan to play multi way with thses plaers as he will never know where he is. I know you disagree but all i can think is that you don't really assess the hands, the flop, your opponents, the texture and the probablities because if you did then you would also agree you wouldnt wish 6 Donks in every hand!!

• edited April 2011
    Posted by pod1
    Pod1

you are missing the point. I made top 30 in the quarterly league and i dont play here anymore. I always cash 2 to 300 a week (average) and used to do that on Sky till about Xmas.

This was not personal it was about a low standard of play and I assure you i am very happy with my standard of play, apart from the odd brain fart when i go tilty!

Gratz on cashing and I hope you continue to do well

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Just cant escape the IDIOTS getting fing lucky all the time : No one agrees with you, apart from GeggHogg. No one agreed wih you when you took the same stand with Irishrover's Thread. Too many people who don't have a clue, and thus keep calling for the sake of it is a very bad thing which is why the players wishing to play serious tournament poker aren't sticking around. Its obvious I am struggling to explain to you why its a bad thing but I can think of one analogy. One which every poker analyst, including Tikay, shouts from the rooftops. "If you have a premium hand such as AA its is imperative that you isolae your opponents pre thread down to one" as the chances of winning with AA drastically reduce for every extra hand playing. I am assuming this is a statement you agree with THEREFORE a site full of bad players who will call all the time with any 2 cards and keep calling is a VERY BAD thing.. Oh, since playing FT I have not changed my play and cashed 86% of the time. I haven't changed my game, I have enjoyed bad beats BUT the one difference is I am rarely in a post flop pot with more than one person AND the players don't call don hands when they shouldn't, they fold!!!. 2 weeks ago I asked 5 of my live colleagues to play on sky and give me their considered opinion. The resounding response was "full of Idiots"!! oh, and all of them have cashed in MTT's with over 600 runners online and off! I think you will find that you are in a minority wishing the site to be full of players who call anything, cant fold and don't know what they are doing.Count ALL the names on the Irishrover thread who kept on saying the same thing and clearly stated they have left. There is a differrence between a Donk and being Donked! Being donked is basically a bad beat, usualy post flop, where the best hand loses but one can justify hy the worst hand called. A Donk is someone who shouldnt even be in the hand because his cards and the betting ont warrant it. Once in the hand hich he has missed by a country mile should then fold to serious betting. A good player does not wan to play multi way with thses plaers as he will never know where he is. I know you disagree but all i can think is that you don't really assess the hands, the flop, your opponents, the texture and the probablities because if you did then you would also agree you wouldnt wish 6 Donks in every hand!!
    Posted by Magicalman

Bull

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

it !!!

Give me your alias, if you have cashed in 86% of tournys over a semi-reasonable sample size, I'll give you my bankroll.

--------------------------------

As a desperate attempt to get it back, I will start a poll asking people to vote if they'd rather play people who don't know what they're doing, or decent players.

I bet you a thousand pound the huge majority would prefer to play idiots.

-------------------------------

You, sir, are bonkers.

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Just cant escape the IDIOTS getting fing lucky all the time : Pod1 you are missing the point. I made top 30 in the quarterly league and i dont play here anymore. I always cash 2 to 300 a week (average) and used to do that on Sky till about Xmas. This was not personal it was about a low standard of play and I assure you i am very happy with my standard of play, apart from the odd brain fart when i go tilty! Gratz on cashing and I hope you continue to do well
    Posted by Magicalman
    Stop lying.

Over your first 1,750 games on sky you were a losing player.

You went on a 350 game heater where you had some seriously impressive results.

The last 250 games you have gone back to being a big loser.

The majority of ur time on sky has been spent losing money, and as for cashing out 300 a week, you haven't caashed out 300 total.

You make pie in the sky assumptions earlier in the thread about my lack of ability to hand read/player read, understand board texture etc etc, So I'm sure you wont mind me having a go back using fact rather than assumption.

• edited April 2011

Also re read your thread.

People that agree with me....

Donkeyplop - big winner at low stakes cash.

Lol raise top of cash league, massive mtt winner on sky, going to vegas with sky.

yb - one of the best players at 100nl/200nl.

pod1 - winning cash and mtt player. 

Hoggers - winning cash/mtt and sng player.

• edited April 2011
    I know a way to avoid bad beats.....

Im really good at it

Always get ur money in bad

Also lol at "In order to improve the site the average standard of play must be improved drasticaly to retain good solid players."

• edited April 2011
    i am very happy as things are thanks, i know my limits and who and not to play and i try and improve, hope things keep going well for you on what ever site you choose. i think here is soft so i aint budgen