You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bonneville's Fort For The Day

edited April 2011 in Poker Chat
First I must say sorry to TOS I did not realise you were not havin a go. It was not my intention to start a war but in fact was to practice my spelling.

If pigs really did fly think of all the poor people you could feed whilst testing the jet engine.

Following on from yesterday, in Sims post I think somewhere it said if online poker is fixed how do people like Vic Blom keep on wining, Well the last I herd was that people were saying he was broke and he had lost a fortune since joining Stars. Also we see that Gus Hansen lost a fortune as well, I will have to give a little more thort to this.

From what I am told sites do not like winning players, this seems to be backed up by the situation where winning players were asked to leave I poker and if I am informed correctly an entire site a skin on I poker was told if they did not go off they would face sever financial penalties. This was because they had a higher proportion of winning player. Basically the site was forced to stop.

Lets look at what keeps happening to me, this does not apply to sky however because I do not use software here. I am usually the tightest on my table and 9 out of 10 times loose to the top 2 loosest, My VPIP can be 8 to 12% theirs 70 to 90 plus. Now everything I understand says If a group 1 or 2 is entering a hand with say group 7 8 and 9's the Group 1 and 2 should win the vast majority of the time. This simply does not seem to be happening to me.

I have experimented and said if you can not beat them join them, this does not work either.

As i have become tighter and tighter my group 1 2 and 3 hole cards have become much less frequent and when I hit with say AK and two pair the flop, the donk keeps hitting the straight.

It happens to often to be true although I will admit this is a classic interference hand and is not really a bad beat.

So if we decide that sites do not like good players, perhaps because they remove monies from the site pool, who do they like.

The opposite end of the spectrum is player with the big VPIP, this can be deceiving though because when you take into account post flop happenings some of these are very experienced.

But anyway why would a site like this player, well I think that these create far more rake for the site and have to be looked after, They certainly get more rake from them than they do from me, and I think they have been sharing my money out to these so they do not bust out.

In theory a player who plays such a high proportion of hands should not last five minuets but they do and they keep going and going.

Something is not right, There are stacks of reload bonuses aimed at good players in E-mails but a good player should not need to keep reloading should they.

Who pays for all these bonuses anyway 100K new depo 600 reload. Good players do because at the end of the day the bad player in theory should go bust.

Comments

• edited April 2011

spelling error again, bonnevillle..... that'll be FOUGHT for the day, surely?

• edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Bonneville's Fort For The Day:
    spelling error again, bonnevillle..... that'll be FOUGHT for the day, surely?
    Posted by aussie09
    Limbering up in the red corner as we speak...
  • edited April 2011
    Wow !! Deja Vu or what !!

Bonneville, I did enjoy your Fault for the day yesterday!!

Even tho i didna comment, But nice repostes Sir, and another good one today, I look forward to some more!!

P.S. Hey who cares bout the spellin, it's the entertainment that counts!!

P.P.S. Am sure all the replies were meant to be totally goon-natured & merely Banter !!

P.P.P.S. Watch that aussie tho, he can be a mischevious fella !! LOL mornin Comrade Aus !

P.P.P.P.s. Are U goin to have a fort every day B, if so , GL
  • edited April 2011
    O yes, well written, mostly understood, but scuse ma poker ignorance, as I am merely a recreational poker donk!!

But can someone explain VPIP, and also the group thingy, [grading of startin hands or players level maybe?]

I am learnin, when free from the ardours of real work and the ball & chain of the demandin HitWife, LOL!!
  • edited April 2011
    In Response to Re: Bonneville's Fort For The Day:
    Wow !! Deja Vu or what !! Bonneville, I did enjoy your Fault for the day yesterday!! Even tho i didna comment, But nice repostes Sir, and another good one today, I look forward to some more!! P.S. Hey who cares bout the spellin, it's the entertainment that counts!! P.P.S. Am sure all the replies were meant to be totally goon-natured & merely Banter !! P.P.P.S. Watch that aussie tho, he can be a mischevious fella !! LOL mornin Comrade Aus ! P.P.P.P.s. Are U goin to have a fort every day B, if so , GL
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    morning man..lol