You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sunday afternoon guarantees

Guarantees at this time of day are practically non existant.I mean c'mon,Sunday is a day when the occasional player can sit and relax and enjoy a game but why should they play Sky when all you have to get excited over is £50 guarantees...woohoo...NOT.
I was just looking at the Super Sunday game with a massive (need a sarcastic smiley here) £100 guarantee.So whats super about it I'm thinking,free bets maybe,no just the fact that you can play poker whilst watching football.
Get a grip SKY and give us some decent guarantees from midday.

Comments

• edited May 2011
    In Response to Sunday afternoon guarantees:
    Guarantees at this time of day are practically non existant.I mean c'mon,Sunday is a day when the occasional player can sit and relax and enjoy a game but why should they play Sky when all you have to get excited over is £50 guarantees...woohoo...NOT. I was just looking at the Super Sunday game with a massive (need a sarcastic smiley here) £100 guarantee.So whats super about it I'm thinking,free bets maybe,no just the fact that you can play poker whilst watching football. Get a grip SKY and give us some decent guarantees from midday.
    Posted by ROL-ROCKS

+1

• edited May 2011
    I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiments. There are scores of us who only ever play in the afternoons. For a while we've been asking for some decent afternoon tourneys but all the focus is on early evening 8pm.

There is now a 2pm £11 buy-in which is a great tourney. Yesterday's attracted 75 runners so there was a decent prize pot. The previous day there were 81 runners, so again a decent field.
    One MTT yesterday afternoon had a £5.75 entrance and £150 GTD, expecting maybe 30 runners. There were actually 72 runners, blowing the guarantee away.

There is definitely demand there for afternoon tourneys and a regular hard core of players. It's a pity all the hype and all the special offers are around the evening tourneys with the afternoon crowd barely getting a look in.

• edited May 2011
    Totally agree, higher guarantee events in the afternoon are needed with buy ins of £11 or £5.50.

But its not just afternoons at the weekend but also weekday afternoons, not everybody works Mon-Friday 9-5.